FASS Diesel Nationals June 6th @ IRP

hope to see u next year

Unfortuanately, it was still in Iowa. We tried like hell to get there though. We finally had it ready and loaded it in the trailer at 7pm Friday evening. We originally planned to be in Indy by 5:30 to race at ORP that night. However, around 9pm we stopped to recheck some things and I found the hubs on my borrowed trailer to be ungodly hot. So rather than trash some hubs and whatever else, we limped it back home. Hopefully by the next race I have our trailer done.

we r looking forward to next year that will be bad ass to see that monster go down the track:rockwoot:

I was fun for sure! I got to meet some new people and put some names to faces. I didn't set the S/S record as I was 10 lbs. lite! I would have bet my kids on being over a couple hundred pounds. If I would have just put the water back in the motor it blew out I would have been good. Thats racin and it's my fault for not having my weight where it should have been. I will say NHRDA runs a tight ship as it should be. NHRDA needs a that a bou for sticking to there rules. They will have a top notch org running it the way they did. If you stick to your rules others won't be affraid to build and compete knowing they are on fair and even grounds. O well that's my story and i'm sticking too it!lol Jeff

Congrats on the win Jeff, nice talking with you. Thanks Steve B.

Special Thanks To Jim "Lucky Dog" Layden

Jim extended a helping hand to me by giving me a tow from Indy to Iowa, after I had some trans issues this past week-end. Jim said " I have a trailer and I'm headed that direction you'll just have to drive my race truck ". That 06 is a sweet ride, I can't wait to see it run when Jim gets it leave the starting line hard. Once again THANKS to a FIRST CLASS GUY. I hope you and Ellie can take me up on my offer when you guys come out this way for the Numida Race. Thanks Again Steve B.

Believe me, If i had the cash i would be all over the place. Most all of my pit help has used up their vacation days & my business needs my constant attention. We have just 2 more events penciled in for this year & both are in the nhra. The last will be at the fall nationals...........Too bad i wasnt born rich.:hehe:

It's all good John, I know how these events can take up vacation time for those who need to use those days. I can understand the money and the shop issues too. I just thought I'd ask is all! Good luck at the NHRA events!

Talked to our webmaster today and all the pictures of event should be up by tomorrow.

Also I got a email from a professional photographer that was at the event and he sent me a link to the pictures he took.

link to website www.shootmephotography.com

beware it does take some time to download all the pictures. He said he would email anyone wanting pictures in hi resolution pics for $10.00 a piece.

Talked to our webmaster today and all the pictures of event should be up by tomorrow.

Also I got a email from a professional photographer that was at the event and he sent me a link to the pictures he took.

beware it does take some time to download all the pictures. He said he would email anyone wanting pictures in hi resolution pics for $10.00 a piece.

Those are some nice pictures there!

Hey Look Brandon, even the tow rig made it to NHRDA's site :).
IMG_1843.jpg

Hey Steve I got some vids of your runs on Saturday once I get everything uploaded to my computer I'll send them to you.. Also sorry to hear about your trans goin I talked to Mick once I made it to Muncie on Sunday and he told me wat happened

Well I went on the link provided but it does not have the evening classes on there. Can you find out if they took pictures of them?

Did anyone else check out the girls paige and kayla on the shootmephotography site before the show pics?:hehe:

Hey Steve I got some vids of your runs on Saturday once I get everything uploaded to my computer I'll send them to you.. Also sorry to hear about your trans goin I talked to Mick once I made it to Muncie on Sunday and he told me wat happened

Shawn, thanks. Jim Layden gave me a tow up to Iowa ( Thanks Jim ). It ended up being a problem this the valve body, Dave G had me back on the road late Monday afternoon. I left Saint Lucas, Iowa 5am Tuesday morning. I didn't see you Saturday. The event was great, maybe I should have just run 1 class instead of 2. The Chyrsler Classic is coming up on the 19 - 21 at Pittsburgh I see there is no truck class this year. Later. Thanks Steve B.

Well I went on the link provided but it does not have the evening classes on there. Can you find out if they took pictures of them?

Probally not it was hard to take pictures at night , i had to erase about 75 shots because they were just a blurr on our camera.

Probally not it was hard to take pictures at night , i had to erase about 75 shots because they were just a blurr on our camera.

Mine has a night mode but it you still have to be really still to get good night pictures..........all this technology.....lol

Shawn, thanks. Jim Layden gave me a tow up to Iowa ( Thanks Jim ). It ended up being a problem this the valve body, Dave G had me back on the road late Monday afternoon. I left Saint Lucas, Iowa 5am Tuesday morning. I didn't see you Saturday. The event was great, maybe I should have just run 1 class instead of 2. The Chyrsler Classic is coming up on the 19 - 21 at Pittsburgh I see there is no truck class this year. Later. Thanks Steve B.

Sounds good and glad to hear shes on the road again and it was nothing too magor... but yea on saturday i caught maybe 4-5 of your runs and thought you were making some great passes... Also i have been working 14hr days so i have yet to get the pics/vids uploaded to my computer but when i do im gonna send them over to you... Good talking to you.. Shawn

I talked to Inside Drag Racing Television this morning and the airing of the FASS Diesel Nationals will be on July 5th 2009 at 11:30am and will have a repeat show on July 6th 2009 at 4:30pm.

They stated that these times are nationally broadcasted in your time zone. They also suggested checking your local station to verify time of showing , Inside Drag Racing explained that even though it is suppose to air at 11:30am Nationally, that sometimes different suppliers might have up to ½ hour discrepancy on airing so again check your local listing for programming.

Inside Drag Racing is broadcasted on Fox Sports Net Services

The projected coverage from Fox Sport Net is 38 million viewers on the FASS Nationals.

We also are in the talks about having Inside Drag Racing Television having coverage at our West Coast and East Coast finals, we will keep everyone up to date on the progress of both events.

Back