Fuel only NADM class

If you go Fast in the 1/8 you still need a cage! Ask Gary!!!!!!!! 1/8 doesn't get you out of Danger!

1/8th mile was put into place to try to make the class more reliable the nitrous sprayers mainly stuckey couldn't keep turbos together in the 1/4 mile and so the reliabilty was the reason so we would have more rounds of competition. This new class could be quarter it doesn't matter to me.

''bottles are babies'' is what the sticker said. I am ready lets do this. why dont we just do this to make eveybody happy.
5000lbs fuel only
5000lbs open
6000lbs fuel only
6000lbs open
7000lbs fuel only
7000lbs open
8000lbs fuel only
8000lbs open.
This way we can have 2 trucks in each class and eveybody can have a chance to win.

I think this is a good starting point. We need to be more specific, however... Specific color of truck, brand of tire, and size of fuel tank. Then everyone can have their own class, qualify, and get the buy to the finals where they win.

If you go Fast in the 1/8 you still need a cage! Ask Gary!!!!!!!! 1/8 doesn't get you out of Danger!

I know...but since everyone else could find something to complain about, I had to find something!

I'm just gonna race, wherever I fit in;)

"Louise" will have a Full cage...Gary's orders:hehe:
Chris

this poor thread has gotten all out of wack. It's slow long.... everyone forgot the first sentence in the first post. It's seems the decision has already been made.............

Thee Jeff Garmon has spooken ! :rules: notice the " is "

NADM is going to have a fuel only 5000lb class next year it will be called pro street.:Cheer:

I haven't said a word, it is decided. I was being entertained by the bickering.

now the question is... what other class can we come up with the please the masses.

I'm all for a 7K class. I have 1K on that but.... I'll give'um hell !!:rockwoot:

I will say this one more time prostreet is not a daily driver class if your not willing to cut your truck up to get as close to the minimum you need to race the street class but if you want to run prosteet no one is stopping you but you will not be competitive. Prosteet is for trailer queen trucks period.

O.K. so we now have ProStreet which is 5000 min Fuel only, Street,and Bracket class are there any other classes?

Rules...

So with 1/8 mile I can leave the cage out and save some weight??

Chris:D

Come on. Just read the rule book then, in a truck geared for the 1/4 there should be 30-35 more mph present, i was just saying maybe it would make the diff. for some of the street trucks in how much cage they "had" to run. I believe its a 7.49 were a 8 pt cage becomes a ness. in the 1/8th. Sorry but thats pretty quick and your run of the mill pumped up street trucks will have hell to get there, but that same race run in the 1/4 the speeds would require more saftey equipment, thats all i was saying. For street trucks that dont want to cage there rides, maybe stick to the 1/8th, if your already faster than 7.49 wich so many are, you need to decide if its a 50k+ dollar racer and cage it or not or build a "race truck".

Apparently you missed my reply earlier...I was Joking;)

My truck will have a cage...when I bought the truck off Gary we discussed it for a little bit, and I decided I wouldn't run without one...which is another reason I'm building it instead of making my 98 faster. I should have the power to go much faster than 7.49 in the 1/8 in the little truck;)

Chris

That's the class for me "The Classless"

it's too bad but, you'll have that when you build a truck like you have :what: :rockwoot:

I'm just racin' to show case myself LOL There for sure isn't a class for me.... I don't care though cause it's all about the fun of it all. I think QD and ET's will always be a part of diesels racing. They're classes for the non purpose built trucks.

IMO, If anyone can't make the 5K cut.... just think of the trucks ( like mine ) that you'll get to go against ! all the opportunity in the world there to win some races LOL

I think the 1/4 mile is a better show my truck dosent come on until the 1/8 and then it's a real rush, but I really just want to race a have a good time! I'm not in this for fame or glory I do it to spend time with my family doing something cool, so whatever class or whatever rules are made we'll be at the track!

I've read every post in this thread, and all I can think is, STOP WHINING already. People say they want the sport to grow and get better, but then when it comes down to brass tacks they cry because the rules don't fit their vehicle perfectly. Someone on here has a quote in their signature that says "how fast is your wallet?", and there is so much truth in those words. To be a competitive racer in any organization it requires money. All of the sanctioning bodies seem to try and make a "daily driver" class for the people who want to show off their fast truck, but don't have the funds or don't want to sacrifice the streetability and comfort it would take to make their trucks dedicated racers. That's not what this class is about. This class is being created for spectators. I LOVE DIESEL MOTORSPORTS with a passion that is bordering on unhealthy and psychotic. And I don't even have a "race truck", I do compete locally in my truck, but I'm not delusional enough to think I have a chance to win, and I'm not crazy enough to travel and race it. I do however travel to watch races, and even I get bored with watching a field of 30 of the same slow daily drivers. (Same with sled pulling)
In order to make diesel sports grow when need fans. We need people like me that will go to anything within about 3 hours driving distance to WATCH a race or a pull or a dyno. (Or in my case, sometimes a whole days drive) If you have packed stands at every event, then more racers will come. All of you do this because you love it, but you're lying if you say you don't care when you're in the staging lanes and look to the stands and see them empty. You want people to go "WOW!!! So and so's truck is fast!!! And it looks good too!!!!"
Bottom line, in order for this sport to grow, in order for anyone to make money from this stupid addiction we all love, we HAVE to get spectators there. And you're also lying if you say that money is not a factor in this. No matter how much you do it for the love of the sport, you all have sat down and thought, "Holy crap, I'm going broke over this stupid truck!" We don't need every schmuck out there with a diesel truck and a programmer crowding up the pits and staging lanes, we need those people in the stands thinking, "wow, I wonder what I can do to make my truck fast like that". Then they're gonna go down to the vendor booths and ask that same question, spend some money, and everyone is gonna be happy. So stop crying and whining about wether a class fits your specific truck. If you truly want to be competitive, build a truck that fits a class, Gasser trash racers have been doing it for years, and if you've ever been to a National event for the NHRA, you'll see that they're kinda onto something.

I agree with everything Crew Girl says except we need every schmuck with a programmer racing they race Brackets like I do, then as we get addicted and save some money and get us a real race truck.

That grows the sport! people watch, then Race Brackets and go on to faster stuff.

It's the Circle of Racing!!!!

I'm not sure about you're area. But we have local events for those guys. There is no membership to an organization required to race, the entry fees are smaller, and the races are more competitive because you are usually racing against the same kind of trucks, or in some cases against all kinds of vehicles (gassers, imports, etc). Look at an NHRA event. You can't pull up in your 74 Camaro that is pretty hot for the street and just enter and compete. You can do that at your local track though. NADM is a professional race organization. My solution is that while the sport is still young and the classes are still small, the organizations should open the track up for test n tune between rounds. That satisfies the schmucks with programmers that are DYING to run their trucks, it keeps the event moving (dead track time is a terrible thing) and it keeps the competitive classes clean and orderly. Granted there is no purse or trophy or title, but if that's what a person is after, they need to pay to play.

I agree with everything Crew Girl says except we need every schmuck with a programmer racing they race Brackets like I do, then as we get addicted and save some money and get us a real race truck.

That grows the sport! people watch, then Race Brackets and go on to faster stuff.

It's the Circle of Racing!!!!

Yup. More on the track means more in the stands too. ...& once you get the addiction...it's all down hill from there... 14's... 12's... 10's... SIXES! :eek: :charger:

1/8th mile was put into place to try to make the class more reliable the nitrous sprayers mainly stuckey couldn't keep turbos together in the 1/4 mile and so the reliabilty was the reason so we would have more rounds of competition. This new class could be quarter it doesn't matter to me.

Thank you, that's is kind of the reason I was given in Bakersfield and Stucky was there. Great truck by the way. I don't buy it however, if you can't keep you vehicle together either do a better job preparing it or step down a class where it will last. I don't buy the safety issue either. If you are going to run a 9.xx quarter mile you and your truck better have the appropiate safety gear and license to do it or the track shouldn't allow you to run, period. If you go out and run faster than what your equipment and license allow then you are not allowed another run till it is fixed. Again I don't think NADM is planning anything if at all out west so it's a moot point for me. So far NHRDA is sticking with 1/4 races.

Back