Fuel only NADM class

Weight is a key factor in going quick and fast. If your going to try and make a lower weight limit then do it for the masses not the few. I think a GM duramax Standard Cab 2wd is as light as any factory diesel truck is going to be. Set a weight limit right around that and most could get close to that if they wanted for a true FUEL ONLY class. I've got a '04 and I could toss it on the scales to see what its weight is but my guess is right at 6200 lbs. The 4 x4 trucks should win this type of class hands downs if it's kept at the current 1/8 mile length but if you open it up to a full 1/4 mile then the 2wd truck have a better chance at it.

Weight is a key factor in going quick and fast. If your going to try and make a lower weight limit then do it for the masses not the few. I think a GM duramax Standard Cab 2wd is as light as any factory diesel truck is going to be. Set a weight limit right around that and most could get close to that if they wanted for a true FUEL ONLY class. I've got a '04 and I could toss it on the scales to see what its weight is but my guess is right at 6200 lbs. The 4 x4 trucks should win this type of class hands downs if it's kept at the current 1/8 mile length but if you open it up to a full 1/4 mile then the 2wd truck have a better chance at it.

:clap: agreed !! except for the last part. I think us 4x's can hold our own with " some " of the 2w. I hate 1/8 runs

or have more than one " fuel only " class

I agree meacham, 5500 lbs would be a great and achievable weight for 4x4 trucks and in my opion no NOS will eliminate alot of trucks that run pro street now but should bring some new ones as well.
I JUST DON'T WANT TO SEE IT ALL GO AWAY!

I guess I'll just have to build a 2wheelpeeler tubed and glassed ,add 3 huge turbos,2 trannies,and 300%oversize sticks (almost fogot about the 2 sigma pumps to push it) Can I play now?????????

I guess I'll just have to build a 2wheelpeeler tubed and glassed ,add 3 huge turbos,2 trannies,and 300%oversize sticks (almost fogot about the 2 sigma pumps to push it) Can I play now?????????

What's does it weigh? :rules:

I agree meacham, 5500 lbs would be a great and achievable weight for 4x4 trucks and in my opion no NOS will eliminate alot of trucks that run pro street now but should bring some new ones as well.
I JUST DON'T WANT TO SEE IT ALL GO AWAY!

If you havent noticed it is already gone! there is less of us racing every year on a regular basis. A four truck showing is a joke, and thats what we do over and over. I dont know the answer to this would someone pm obama and get a good solution!

I think the "fuel Only" is great but what's the best way to get more people in? The lower weight sounds great to the folks that have held this racing together but it's out of reach for so many that would or would like to compete in this class. my .02

This is a great idea but... you're getting the same exact people. The 10 or so mentioned are the same guys that run every event +/- I thought the point was to open up the field to attract more and have a bigger showing.

The reason the field have been so small I think is, it's typically only shops that build race trucks. Most all other racers are guys like myself that built a truck and want to run. Hell, just about all the guys mentioned already all have shops and already have race trucks that are in the weight suggested.

We do need a class like this but, I don't think it should be the sole focus in a way to build our sport.

No, I'm sure we don't want to see a all ET race but, if you look at what shows to events.... it's ET racers... sometimes 100 and more ! Those are the guys we need to attract into a faster different style race.

I cant bracket race my truck would burn down while i watching a 17 sec. truck go down the track!

I think 5500 lbs would be a more realistic minimum weight, not many fullsized diesel pickup's could ever make 5000 lbs. It would give the class to the totally custom trucks. WHAT IS WITH THIS 1/8 MILE CRAP?
Last year when NADM came to Bakersfield and held the early FEB race it turned out to be 1/8 mile much to the dismay of some of the people present. The reason given was the majority of the racers wanted it so they would have a less change of breaking, thereby giving the crowd a better show. Sorry if that's the case then it seriously limp! It doesn't look like NADM is going to do much out west, and if that's the case it's a moot point for me anyway.

I guess we should rename the class to Fake Street. Then maybe so many won't have their panties in a wad!

OMG...there go's the thread. (I cant take you guys ANYWHERE!;-)
Anyway... /topic...
I dont see why everyones so hyper-concerned about the minimum weight deal. I take great pride in putting the smackdown on 3500lb cars with my 6000lb truck on a regular basis.

Tittties n' beer!! Just keep that fat overweight pig of a truck out of my way!

Back