Fuel only NADM class

Let me think about it ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? Um no hell no did I say no I really meant no the answer is no f no. Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Let me think about it ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? Um no hell no did I say no I really meant no the answer is no f no. Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

You don't sound too sure about that Darren.

Sounds good to me anything to get some more fast trucks to events

Darron, phil, and all the new trucks will be a big field. I bet we have some cr trucks show off big time!!! Tim barber and the guys from dtr will be around they say!! bucks comm. is building a truck for this class also.

Tim Barber??? I'm screwed.

I have a 1/2 ton truck going together, but I can't get to ALL the races. Hopefully I can make a few of them!

Chris

This class will also be set up so every round of qualifying gets points, so the year end champion wont be the guy that runs fast and sits out,gets the buy and wins. FAST RELIABLE power is going to be the name of this game!

I think that Jeff, Phil, Darren and others are just scared to race the Ranger. Admit it guys... we won't hound you too much LOL

Will the guys running this class also run unlimited street???If not,WHY???If so,GREAT!!!!!!!

Will the guys running this class also run unlimited street???If not,WHY???If so,GREAT!!!!!!!

Naw... they are scared of the Ranger.....

It is sad that they are so terrified of a 6.0. :hehe:

Glad to see you are not Russell. LOL

I think the class is a great idea,but to cut out on other entries on another class isn't helping the sport! IMHO

If this is really going to be a fuel only class then that's what it should be. NO water, NOS or any other O2 adders period. If any of you think water doesn't add O2 your sadly mistaken. Just to make it truely fair the only fuel allowed should be provided at the track and the tank sealed so each and every truck is running the same fuel. Now that would level the playing field if you guys are really up to it.

Timmay, I ain't scared. Bring that little 6.0 on buddy.

I think the real problem has been that the playing field was being leveled a few years back and things fell out the other side. I remember when Darren was dominating the pro street class and moves were being made to make the 2wd's more competitive. The 2wd trucks were allowed to be shortened for traction and weight penalties and power adders were used to achieve parity. The next thing you know you could add as many things for power as you wanted and the weight was thrown out the window. Four wheel drive trucks can't compete at all with the weight discrepency. Yeah, Jimmy and Dale have done an unbelievable job of catching up, but having the kind of motor you need in a 4x4 to run in the low 9's is really cost prohibitive, believe me, I know. I have done almost everything possible to reduce weight(on my truck, leave "ME" out of this) and I'm stuck at 5,800 lbs. Myself and others in 4x4 trucks have to build monster motors and tear the s##t out of everything to still not compete with light 2wd trucks like Stucky with a good motor and a hefty shot of nitrous. It's not much fun when most of the class is 4x4 and 5 or 6 of the trucks are broken before the eliminations begin, and if certain trucks don't break you know who is going to win. Put a 2wd truck at 5,500 lbs and no nitrous and run in the 9's, aint gonna happen!

While I'm on my soap box another issue has bothered me. It seems that anyone can build any repower and call it a pro street truck. My understanding was that a pro street truck had to be a truck that came originally with a diesel engine. I dont recall 60's and 70's model Chevy, Dodge, and Ford 1/2 ton trucks coming with diesels. To me, it seems, it is now ok to build a 3,500 to 4,000lb repower and call it a pro street truck. I think it is important for us to decide where this is all going and if the old 4x4 Pro Street truck is a thing of the past!

Meacham Evins

Help wanted:

Seeking a 1500 pound drag truck driver.
Must be able to fit inside Kirkey 17" wide racing seats, and quickly shimmy past 10 point cage.
Prefer driver brings own fire suit, lunch, beer, heart medications, and defibrillator.

Help wanted:

Seeking a 1500 pound drag truck driver.
Must be able to fit inside Kirkey 17" wide racing seats, and quickly shimmy past 10 point cage.
Prefer driver brings own fire suit, lunch, beer, heart medications, and defibrillator.

I fit most of what you asked:hehe:

Timmay, I ain't scared. Bring that little 6.0 on buddy.

Hey its a 6.1 now, show a "little" respect. I got ya by .2 CI. LOL

While I'm on my soap box another issue has bothered me. It seems that anyone can build any repower and call it a pro street truck. My understanding was that a pro street truck had to be a truck that came originally with a diesel engine. I dont recall 60's and 70's model Chevy, Dodge, and Ford 1/2 ton trucks coming with diesels. To me, it seems, it is now ok to build a 3,500 to 4,000lb repower and call it a pro street truck. I think it is important for us to decide where this is all going and if the old 4x4 Pro Street truck is a thing of the past!

Meacham Evins

I agree with you Meacham 100%, and to be perfectly clear, Deranged was built to have fun in and promote the sport of Diesel racing. Under no circumstances was it ever built to compete in a "street truck" class. Its street legal, but I don't remember the Rangers being built that way from Ford. I will be just as happy watching it run exhibition passes all day long, and running to the circle k to get beer. I hope some day there is a class for it to run in, but I built this thing to have fun, and to say thanks to the folks here who have built this website, and this sport to what it is.

Now Don't think for a second, I'm not planning on lining up against any of you wussies in my "little" truck just for fun. :rules:

It don't make a shizzit to me...........I'm still gonna whoop Micky's behind. :hehe: I just wish I had more time to do all I need to do. I really enjoy going to all of the race's I can. I made most of the big one's this year dragging Darren's S-10 ( cause I tore mine up):bang Can't wait for Feb. to get here...............:woohoo: Gary

I agree with you Meacham 100%, and to be perfectly clear, Deranged was built to have fun in and promote the sport of Diesel racing. Under no circumstances was it ever built to compete in a "street truck" class. Its street legal, but I don't remember the Rangers being built that way from Ford. I will be just as happy watching it run exhibition passes all day long, and running to the circle k to get beer. I hope some day there is a class for it to run in, but I built this thing to have fun, and to say thanks to the folks here who have built this website, and this sport to what it is.

Now Don't think for a second, I'm not planning on lining up against any of you wussies in my "little" truck just for fun. :rules:

Dalpilot,
We will line them up and have a ball. I could also go to the Circle K for beer but the ride would not be good.:hehe:
I too built my truck to have fun and let people know what these trucks are capable of. I guess the weight disparity is my biggest beef. I really don't care about the nitrous.

Meacham

As a builder of a 1/2 ton...I'll run whatever I fit into when I get it to the track...even if it's brackets or 12.0. If I can't run Pro Street, fine, I'll either see if I can make more horsepower and run Unlimited street, or run 12.0

Chances are, I'll run 12.0 to get used to the truck, then go to Pro Street if rules allow, then see what she'll do...I should have the chargers to go pretty quick!

Chris

Back