Fuel only NADM class

I don't understand this weight problem I think I can get the mamba close to 5k I don't need to loose but 500lbs that is doable the 2wd will have to weight up a little but they can put the weight where it will be most beneficial. This class is for a purpose built truck if your going to compete to win prostreet has always been a purpose built class let's not be confused this is not a daily driver class can you run the class sure but you will not be competitive.

I don't understand this weight problem I think I can get the mamba close to 5k I don't need to loose but 500lbs that is doable the 2wd will have to weight up a little but they can put the weight where it will be most beneficial. This class is for a purpose built truck if your going to compete to win prostreet has always been a purpose built class let's not be confused this is not a daily driver class can you run the class sure but you will not be competitive.
One problem with the weight is that several of the fast trucks are ex.cab trucks that are already purpose built and without reworks that would cost mucho$$$$ theres no way to get to the competive 5000 lb minimum!!!!!

One problem with the weight is that several of the fast trucks are ex.cab trucks that are already purpose built and without reworks that would cost mucho$$$$ theres no way to get to the competive 5000 lb minimum!!!!!

well when you start building a race vehicle you would usually start with the lightest vehicle you can like a reg. cab. long bed (if it had to be an oem diesel truck). i guess what i'm saying is you don't go out and buy a four door chevy caprice and try race a 10.5 mustang in the outlaw class. catch my drift.

The more different classes you make the more money that the event needs to come up with for payouts and the fewer trucks your going to have for each class. Some how I do not see how this would help the sport at this point in time, when dollars are low and turnout is low.

well when you start building a race vehicle you would usually start with the lightest vehicle you can like a reg. cab. long bed (if it had to be an oem diesel truck). i guess what i'm saying is you don't go out and buy a four door chevy caprice and try race a 10.5 mustang in the outlaw class. catch my drift.
Like I said,there are trucks already setup race ready.Sounds to me like there are people trying to get rid of certian trucks that have worked and SPENT alot of $$$$ ,not to mention have paid there dues for years...catch my drift...

NADM is going to have a fuel only 5000lb class next year it will be called pro street. myself, darron, mechum,and many more are going to do our best to put together a a field of 10 or more.We hope to have a class that is 2 tens or so apart. that will make for some good racing! :Cheer:

Wow !!!!!! Way-2-go Dunbar and Clan,

Ah Darren, you know I'm just playin around....I KNOW I won't be competitive in this class...I just like messin with Philis and others....

My "over weight Pig" will stay where it belongs....12.00's and maybe a Street weight class....

Or, on the dang side lines watching!!! I'll be havin fun either way!!

I would be curious to know who will be competing in this class...Can someone chime in an name names????

All of the unlimited street class that is fuel only. Roughly 70% of the racers in that class. 1/8 mi...racers wanted it!

Well maybe so, but the field would get smaller if something wasn't done. Why is it such a big deal? Majority of the racers want it. You guys do a nitrous thing, that's cool with us, we just want to race fuel only..."don't b hatin' man".

''bottles are babies'' is what the sticker said. I am ready lets do this. why dont we just do this to make eveybody happy.
5000lbs fuel only
5000lbs open
6000lbs fuel only
6000lbs open
7000lbs fuel only
7000lbs open
8000lbs fuel only
8000lbs open.
This way we can have 2 trucks in each class and eveybody can have a chance to win.

I think It would be race days not race day and wayyy too many broken parts.

Times and speeds. These trucks running wayyy to fast w/o cages or the proper equip. to meet any of the rules that apply at 99% of any decant race track. All diff. rules apply depending on how fast the pass is and mph, they have always been there, these rules are not bent or eliminated or thrown out the window becuase were running a diff fuel... they should be inforced if any thing more so in my opinion due to the stupid weight of some of our trucks. 1/4 is fine or better for may "IF" you can do it legally. So many think they should be able to go out and damn near run super gas times with a 8k pound farm truck with a factory seat belt.....anit going to happin, unless your at some back woods Outlaw track and you sign your life away. This is why some say 1/8th, lower speeds, slower e.t's. Thats the only reason i could see why.
Ryan

Back