G.M. Performance Parts Duramax Diesel Top Dragster final prep for testing .

I made a three part filter that is a cooler as well. as soon as its off the water jet . I show pictures

The wiring is done; The RPM Performance Data logger is ready to catch up to 28 channels of critical data. The K&R Pro Cube is ready to time the functions including the 4 four timers, delay box and throttle stop for 8.90 super comp racing. I have spent over 100 hours in this wiring job alone

IMAG1156.jpg

100hrs??????
Is that adding the 40hrs you spent on the phone.
Hahahaha hurry up and get it done!!
I'll call ya later when your busy.

The wiring is done; The RPM Performance Data logger is ready to catch up to 28 channels of critical data. The K&R Pro Cube is ready to time the functions including the 4 four timers, delay box and throttle stop for 8.90 super comp racing. I have spent over 100 hours in this wiring job alone

IMAG1156.jpg

Where did you get that fuse block?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

It’s a K&R wiring box, it’s unbelievable. K&R gives you a switch panel that is connected to the panel by a cable and then you get a box full of every wire you need, and it’s labeled every few inches. You also get connectors, shrink tubing. And an really cool laminated wiring diagram all for about $500

here is from their web site

Super Duty Complete Wiring Kit
Our "SUPER DUTY" Complete Wire Kit has been the leading choice of most all the major chassis shops. And for good reason - its simple, bullet-proof reliable, and complete, all at a great price.
This kit is the most rugged and complete system available at any price! It dramatically simplifies any wiring job. The Switch Panel and separate Fuse/Relay Panel are interconnected with a cable assembly that simply plugs in. Mount the Relay Panel assembly in a convenient location (usually near the ignition box) and connect the switch panel connector. This eliminates the "clutter" of wiring to switches and relays along with saving tons of time. And as a bonus, there are convenience terminals on the rear of the switch panel for powering gauges, buttons, gauge lights, interior lights, grounds, etc. Also, as with all the K&R Switch Panels, there are blue LED's on the rear of the Switch Panel that "illuminate" to make for an absolutely awesome interior glow at night.

System comes complete with all the colored and labeled wires including: Ignition, Fuel Pump, Fan, Water Pump, Delay Box, Transbrake, Throttle Stop, Pro-Stage, Lights, Starter, Tach, RPM Switch, 2-Step, Shift Timer, and Water Temp. Other unlabeled colored wires include: Ground, Shifter, Neutral Safety, Remote Start, Crank Trigger, Coil Wires, Alternator (10ga.), Ignition Power & Ground (10ga.), and main Power Wire (8ga.). Also included with every kit: All necessary quality terminals, heat shrink, wire ties, starter solenoid, colored laminated poster size wiring diagram. COMPARE all this with other manufacture's systems.

CrowsWiring-5-600pix.jpg

Home

thanks , I'm wanting to quilify well in Top dragster and get best Engineered as well.

This is by far the easiest and best wired of the 4 dragster I have put together. My comp cars were never intended to compete for a best engineered Wally.

Last edited:
heading to NHRA Div 4 event in Noble OK to get chassis tag and grade point

Are you going to race the event, or just tech in to get the grade point?

if it start's I'm racing. the Dallas race is the next week, and its a 8.90 race , so I will have to use the throttle stop there , no fun but NHRA has politly told me that using Super Comp as a place to do exibition runs and testing is frowned on now.

I'm waiting on my lines for the pumps as one of the last items

I am going to the Texas Mile one of the weekend, and if something I wished I didn't have do, but it’s a deal I have to finish. The beetle will have a new owner after the mile, if he wants to take it to the mile using my entry and driver Jordan, then I will go to the Vegas race. G.M. wants me to go to Pomona as well. I have in the past participated in the NHRA educational series

The new G.M. ECM is really cool, just bolts to the motor plate and engine, only wire off of it is ignition and throttle. We have 4 of these ECM’s and wiring harness available if anyone wants them, they have Dan’s Diesel Performance tuning. in then that allows 6000+ rpms and 2 step rev limiting as well as convertor ramp up .
Dan is working directly with EFI live on their race beta program with these Standalone Factory ECM’s.

ECM and converter ramp up????

How is the ECM controlling the converter? Isnt that controlled thru TCM?

The transmission is a Powerglide / GearVendors .
There is no PCM on this combo, all of the wiring and ECM fits in a shoe box,

What I mean is the tune allows the motor to ramp up on the convertor to its 4700 to 5000 rpm stall, and then becomes aggressive. This allows you to make an attempt to hit a pro tree.

Have anymore information on these ECM's? I'm still needing an ECM for my project and that sounds like it might be the ticket.

I'm interested in one of those ECMs too! Presumably it will work with LBZ injectors?

Back