Garmon's Shop Day 08!! Decided!!!

Just got in from pre-event event...come on down, it is going to be a great time!!!

Heck Yeah!!

I just got home for Jeff's. Been there All dang day!!

Shoot, We've already had a great time...Drank LOTS of beer and got the Beer Dyno warmed up for tmrw...LOL

O'l Brian Buchanan Blew a .205 tonight ....lol....Man, He was feelin No pain!!! lol

Hope to see everyone there tmrw.....I gotta get some sleep!! Its freakin 1am and I'm supposed to be there at 7:30am...:doh:

dang Dave you made it home already ! guess you did drive fast LOL.

I guess you missed it but, I had the high breathalyzer tonight.... .1400 :hehe:

see ya'll tomorrow !

BTW.... Phil, yes there are hotels close to the shop

alright everyone, its about 630 here at the house, ill be at commerce at 715-730 if anyone wants to follow, i have a few from south carolina coming also, cant wait to see everyone there....

I'm gettin cleaned up then I'm headed out. Gotta stop and fill up on the way so I'll be there bout noon.

I just got back in. There were some good looking, high HP trucks there. I was going to run mine, but there were too many 500+ HP Dodges. I didn't want to get imbarrassed with a mere 350 in my 7.3 When I left, the highest was a red 12v pushing 2200 LB/Ft IIRC.

And, Triton, I think yours was the MegaCab with 725HP? Your truck is absolutely sick.

pichers1-1.jpg
[/IMG]

It was a GREAT time! When I left pizza was on the way and there was still beer left, no telling how long it's gonna keep going LOL

THANK YOU JEFF!!!!!!!

JohnP was 890 and climbing when the input shaft let go. 6 years and 200+ passes on that thing. I'd say he got his money's worth out of it.
They got it off the dyno and into the shop and that trans was out in less than 30 minutes, rebuilt and back in the truck in less than 2 hours from the start.

As usual...the dyno crew busted ass...and today they had cold, dreary weather to contend with but they never missed a beat.

Thanks to David for putting everything together and thanks to Jeff for opening his doors to everyone....I'm damned glad I made the trip.

just got home myself and Richard, you lucked out. There's snow here but, I didn't see any all they way through N. GA.

I had a great time starting Friday night. I was very badly influenced by the Buchanan's which lead me to assume you left LOL

It was great to see everyone again...what a outstanding group of people :rules:

Billygoat and Smoke'um mucho gracias !!

Thanks to Dave, Mike and Jamie the dyno masters !

a big thanks to Thee Jeff Garmon for everything. Food, drinks, shop use, hospitality and yes... entertainment !! :clap: ..... where else can you watch transmission work of that caliber !

im uploading pics as we speak, around 34-35, ty it was nice seeing you and everyone else there, sorry we couldnt get that video to you, im gonna try a different file to get it to you via email, still kinda po-ed about my laptop...:Cheer:

It was a GREAT time! When I left pizza was on the way and there was still beer left, no telling how long it's gonna keep going LOL

THANK YOU JEFF!!!!!!!

Lets just put it this way......I got to Jeff's this morning at 0830AM....I JUST GOT HOME!! ITS 0343 AM.....:hehe:.....I'd say that's a FULL Day at "THE" Jeff Garmons Shop Day!!!!!

Man it was a great time....Heck, both days...I was there Friday from around 1030am to 1130PM.....

When I left tonight(morning actually).....Jeff, Quarterman, Slowpoke, Wideopen, Mickey Davis, and Jeff's son were just getting ready to hit the sack.....

Darren was still a .140 on the "BEER" dyno!!!!LOL
Jeff was still a .127 I think..

Wow!!!! What a time!!!

Oh, Ask to here the story about the "SOFA KING"!!!! :hehe:

Funnier than chit!!!

Got a grudge match lined up too but you'll never guess which two!!!! Check out the thread in the Drag Racing secetion called " It's SOFA KING On"....LOL

thanks for the pictures Kyle. Yeah that does suck about the puter. Hanging out with all them girls, your mind was else where LOL If you're not able to get it emailed... don't sweat it man ! I do appreciate the effort and will meet up at another event and I'll be sure to have my flash drive.

Squeak.... thanks :Cheer:

Man,....what a great weekend even though I had a few "mechanical problems!":hehe: I had a great time in spite of the problems and it was good to see everyone again and to meet some new faces. I have been wanting to make this event the last two-three years buy always had to teach at the college. Jeff,....you have a very nice facility there Sir!

I want to sincerely thank Jeff Garmon and Big Swole for all the work they did on hosting this event. Also, my thanks to David Dunbar for bringing the dyno.
I also want to SINCERELY thank everyone who helped me get my transmission out and back in including: Jeff Garmon, Matt, Phil, Darren, Mickey, Mike D., Brian, Billy, Phil T., to name a few. If I have missed anybody, I sincerely apologize. Man you guys are great and even though I had problems, I am VERY glad it happened at Jeff's shop and NOT going home on I-20!! As UNBROKEN said, I have that ATS Transmission with those billet shafts in my 96' since 2001 and I know I have over 200 drag race launches and God knows how many dyno runs. Jeff felt like the shaft was probably cracked already.

Anyway,.....my sincere thanks to EVERYONE!! It was a great event and I hope I can make it again next year. Great pictures Kyle!

---------
John_P

Back