Halfton 12 valve mods.

Well I got two that I put in yesterday that are leaking fuel up through the lock nut. So this is where I got that theory from. Gonna try and remove them and clean surface below washer better. That is all I know to do.

It's typically the horseshoe washer for the return line. I've only had a few that have actually had enough back leakage they leaked all the way out the top.

It's typically the horseshoe washer for the return line. I've only had a few that have actually had enough back leakage they leaked all the way out the top.

Agreed but in this case no trace of fuel coiming from at top of injector at all.

I'm just going out to see what to do to slow it down to 7.70 Index for the north texas race, which should put me close to the 11.90 at Ennis.

Agreed but in this case no trace of fuel coiming from at top of injector at all.

Re-tighten the banjo bolts on the return when the engine is warm, fuel won't come up through the hold down nut unless there was a leak at the disk, and it would have shown when assembled. Brake cleaner will help, I typically spray them down after warm, tighten the banjo bolts, and spray them down again.

Yep you guys were right. Leaks are fixed.......

Truck idles smoother and has a bit more pedal preboost. Seems to be about the same at wot seat of pants. Topped off the tank at the same place. Will report back after it is fill up time again.

Weston keep the 131 dvs or move to something else?

Last edited:
So I hear 181 seats with 131 dvs are a good combo?

Need to pull the afc and see where the plate is. Trucks runs much cleaner now time for more fuel lol.

Still have a half a tank on Westons new injectors. Truck runs much, much smoother at idle. Huge difference..... Seat of pants power seems about the same in power. The trucks pedal is much bigger at slow speeds. This makes me believe truck is putting out more power but not certain.

Big Blue sent me these to try out next tank. Not sure it will help the mileage but hoping for more power and same mileage...... If mileage increase bonus!

20130302_121836.jpg

Filled up and got 22.5mpg. say 6 wot runs, found a fuel leak from injector change and leaked for a week and a rear tire that was severely low. Could not tell by inspection never had a vehicle with low pros lol. Gonna run another tank before I make another change.

Seems to be a lot of confusion on the forums from what I have seen, people not knowing the difference between the shoulder thickness and the last three digits of the part number. This is why labeling something by what if flows is helpful, leaves little room for guess work.

Vague is the name of the game in diesel performance..... the wealthy retired master marketers of years past started with smoke and mirrors and left when the vague game played out.

On a technical note, the valves that Max is going to try are a regular full 8mm diameter DV with a 0.050" wide shoulder with a regular 131 style seat. That's the same valve and seat setup that cleaned up the smoke on Gasoline Sucks' truck.

I don't think you'll ever re-train the masses on interpreting flow gain cc's to how big the valves are, they just don't get it. High performance customers understand cc's and I agree, that's a great way to size delivery valves. I think a master marketer for general non-experienced consumers would revert back to stage 1, stage 2, stage 3, or HP+ on a bone stock truck, etc. if they wanted easy size information for the general diesel enthusiast.

Back