Halfton 12 valve mods.

You mean my lazer cut s and 5x25s are not ideal? They should put me at 900 hp and then once I upgrade my turbo!...

Well gonna crash my own dead thread.......... Got Unbrokens old 22" Dodge SRT-10 wheels on the truck. Hell of a trade up.

20130310_180640.jpg

20130310_180534.jpg

20130310_180519.jpg

20130310_180506.jpg

20130310_180431.jpg

Last edited:
Fuel mileage mods halfton 12 valve.

Good lord... You sir are now my newest hero! That's got win and sex written all over it.

Sharp truck for sure. I'd own it and drive it if I could afford (2) daily drivers. Need a 4x4 every once in a while so no sharp looking 2wd in my small fleet.

Here was my 1st test drive with the wheels and tires today. They tow a ok lol.

20130311_090053.jpg

Thanks for the compliments guys...... Good upgrade for certain.....

After fixing the charging issues on the halfton I got semi motivated to go back at it. Installed Wills 050 dvs yesterday. (shown next to my 131s) after I get this job started today I will go do the ole seat of the pants test. While I was in there I pulled the afc housing off to see what I am working with. Answer to that is nothing........ No plate.

20130428_110601.jpg

Last edited:
I think you need to drop that truck about a inch or two and it will be pure sexy!

Naaaaaw got the truck to hook I am leaving it alone. Plus I actually use it as a truck. It tows and hauls crap sometimes.

Just read your whole thread. Nice truck man, makes me want to build a 1/2 ton dmax.

Truck has a "bigger pedal" with the dvs at slower speeds. Only got on it once due to traffic seems like it gained some power.

Truck looks absolutely amazing!
Keep up the good work!

Thanks!

Truck is at a tranny shop. Getting convertor tightened, tranny oil cooler and making a trade with shop owner for an output housing with mechanical speedo reference. This will allow me to use a convertor controller for auto lockup. This convertor should make a good difference in power and mileage it is waaaaaaaaaaaaay loose.

Thanks!

Truck is at a tranny shop. Getting convertor tightened, tranny oil cooler and making a trade with shop owner for an output housing with mechanical speedo reference. This will allow me to use a convertor controller for auto lockup. This convertor should make a good difference in power and mileage it is waaaaaaaaaaaaay loose.

More in depth descritption please? I'm not well versed in auto's.

I know its been explained before but could you elaborate on loose vs tight convertors, and how a tighter convertor is going to bring your mileage up?

More in depth descritption please? I'm not well versed in auto's.

I know its been explained before but could you elaborate on loose vs tight convertors, and how a tighter convertor is going to bring your mileage up?

1st of all I am not by any means a tranny guy....... Basically a tighter convertor will put more of the motors power to the ground. A loose convertor will allow a motor ( for lack of a better term) to load easier due to the convertor allowing slipage. Like when you spool the charger at the line. The tighter convertor will help with mileage and power because the motor is doing more work with less of its power.

Last edited:
Back