Hallas Performance compounds

[/B]

:wrong:

This should be in the "Im not a site vendor but am trying to get free advertising section". Are you related to Wade?

I started this thread to talk about another guy building 6.0l compounds. Im sorry you missed it in the begining.

Oh......got it....I read more about the where he worked and who he was I completely missed the point of the thread.

So this show is this at the shop? When is it? Address? What dyno?

Is this the guy who had the truck in the Autorama in Detroit? He didnt have a vendor booth but a show car space right? But he's a vendor? They had a basement........man am I confused

We were there and had a vendor booth.....and a shop.....and an event.....with a real dyno.....damn....what was this thread about again......

Ok put up or shut up.... wheres you compound set up????

I was there and none of the vendors had S*** other than off the shelf products mfgd by someone else
Oh unless your eldebrock or oooh mopar performance..
Oh yea 2 credibles Katech and livernois and neither has compounds for a 6.0l and both are corporate.

Funny thing is the fastest guys and the nicest cars there are usually built out of passion spilt blood in a garage.. not corporate advertisement. Thats also why you dont see them and all the flashiness in your face...

Look out for the guy who walks quietly and carries a big stick

Dmaxvaz -- you just validated our issue.

I don't know Mike Hallas and I probably never will. But people that run these types of businesses are killing small businesses. They do the work for way less because they don't have the over head most shops do. So, you a potential customer of a local small shop won't go to them because Mike; does the work for less in his spare time. That causes people to go out of business, products to loose their integrity because of the prices they are being sold for, half the time, basement vendors are selling the stuff that "fell off the truck" or was a reject. Which just hurts everyone.

If Mr. Hallas wants into the aftermarket, how about he open a shop up and take a risk like the rest of us have?

Don't get me wrong, if it wasn't for my JOB I wouldn't have most if not all of the stuff done to my truck. It was/is my job and that's why I have what's done, done. When something breaks, you bet you a** I'm stressing about where to find the money, how can I fix this or that.

Isnt that how small buisnesses get there big overhead later on. Thats how most all small companys start! You will see tons of guys working out of there house or garage or front yard just to make it by to earn money from there family and there customers are usualy the same type of people that are hard up for cash and need a little helping hand i believe you are bashing the wrong people when alot of us started this way when we couldnt afford our own shops or to spend $100,000 in becoming dealers for tons of different companys.

Isnt that how small buisnesses get there big overhead later on. Thats how most all small companys start! You will see tons of guys working out of there house or garage or front yard just to make it by to earn money from there family and there customers are usualy the same type of people that are hard up for cash and need a little helping hand i believe you are bashing the wrong people when alot of us started this way when we couldnt afford our own shops or to spend $100,000 in becoming dealers for tons of different companys.

Very true!

Ok put up or shut up.... wheres you compound set up????

I was there and none of the vendors had S*** other than off the shelf products mfgd by someone else

I didnt know I had to have a compound set to be up here.
Self inflating is not something the parts I am involved with need.

As far as your claim of vendors and off the shelf products. Are you implying this kit is made up of parts you cannot purchase and he manufactures them? I dont know alot of dealerships or house garages that have the ability to make the parts required in a kit like that. Having a row of metal working machinery outside my office door, I've got a pretty good grasp on it. I dont think you want to debate the machining of compressor and turbine housings. Drawing pipe, turning flanges and cnc'ing plates are not common for even extremely popular diesel vendors. So before you scrutinize one make sure the kit your backing doesnt fall into that very category.

The parts we had at the show may not have attracted your attention but then maybe you shop of "Robts" website.

I didnt know I had to have a compound set to be up here.
Self inflating is not something the parts I am involved with need.

As far as your claim of vendors and off the shelf products. Are you implying this kit is made up of parts you cannot purchase and he manufactures them? I dont know alot of dealerships or house garages that have the ability to make the parts required in a kit like that. Having a row of metal working machinery outside my office door, I've got a pretty good grasp on it. I dont think you want to debate the machining of compressor and turbine housings. Drawing pipe, turning flanges and cnc'ing plates are not common for even extremely popular diesel vendors. So before you scrutinize one make sure the kit your backing doesnt fall into that very category.

The parts we had at the show may not have attracted your attention but then maybe you shop of "Robts" website.

Didnt say you had to have a twin kit to be there..your the one ripping his for being there. Also yes im sure he bought his parts and then fabricated the rest of the kit. BTW I am also very familiar with fabrication. Can also machine weld etc. I have access to all of that as family is in the machining business. In fact i run my own machined parts in my trans. Now as one who under stands pipe drawing running lathes etc i also know you cant make that qualifying statement seeing as you DO NOT have a foundry outside you door. You are buying castings! Even if you outsource them your buying them!
Basically you come on here and bash a guys kit he engineered and built in his small workshop garage or on his front porch...when you are merely only one spoke in a wheel that takes many to accomplish the same task one man did on his own. BTW how would your employer like to hear you bash the third party guy like robts who sells off the shelf parts when they are the one's who put the food on your table?? without "those guys" you wouldn't have customers and with out them you would probably be in your garage doing what they do!

This thread was a posting about a guy who built a compound setup and all everyone here has done is bash him for it...trash his one liner website and the fact that he is not big business working out of his garage hurting the big guys. Truth is most companies started there! And with your employment in your big company..you probably wouldn't be anything on your own because if you knew what it took to do it on your own you wouldnt be flapping your jaws hiding behind someone elses hard work in building something...someone in whom you merely work for! In fact your purchased labor! Just like he purchased a turbo and proceeded to make it work in his kit!

You brought the criticism to the party ...what comes around goes around.

Didnt say you had to have a twin kit to be there..your the one ripping his for being there. Also yes im sure he bought his parts and then fabricated the rest of the kit. BTW I am also very familiar with fabrication. Can also machine weld etc. I have access to all of that as family is in the machining business. In fact i run my own machined parts in my trans. Now as one who under stands pipe drawing running lathes etc i also know you cant make that qualifying statement seeing as you DO NOT have a foundry outside you door. You are buying castings! Even if you outsource them your buying them!
Basically you come on here and bash a guys kit he engineered and built in his small workshop garage or on his front porch...when you are merely only one spoke in a wheel that takes many to accomplish the same task one man did on his own. BTW how would your employer like to hear you bash the third party guy like robts who sells off the shelf parts when they are the one's who put the food on your table?? without "those guys" you wouldn't have customers and with out them you would probably be in your garage doing what they do!

This thread was a posting about a guy who built a compound setup and all everyone here has done is bash him for it...trash his one liner website and the fact that he is not big business working out of his garage hurting the big guys. Truth is most companies started there! And with your employment in your big company..you probably wouldn't be anything on your own because if you knew what it took to do it on your own you wouldnt be flapping your jaws hiding behind someone elses hard work in building something...someone in whom you merely work for! In fact your purchased labor! Just like he purchased a turbo and proceeded to make it work in his kit!

You brought the criticism to the party ...what comes around goes around.
DAMN DOUG, RIP HIM A NEW ONE:kick:LOL seriously the best things come out of garages from no namers. you know my buddy dave, he is building my brother's twins in the chevycummins as i type in a little garage in rochester hills, he will be done monday or tues. better watch out:charger:

I have never claimed to have a Compound setup. If you are going to rip on my business please rip on facts. This thread was about Hallas's compounds....Everyone loves to turn things around and thats ok. I have a small and I mean small business that sells diesels performance parts. Mostley off the shelf stuff. I dont need to be in business. I am a manufacture engineer by day, I do this because of my love for diesel performance. If you chose to want to rip on me for what I do thats fine. I have tried about eveything avaible for the 6.0l . who else can claim that. I have. I started this thread to show that someone else has a 6.0 kit available for the 6.0l

and if anyone need any help with what works and what doesnt please let me know. I can share my personall expierence

That installation of twins must have taken many hours of hard work. Then there is all the rest of what he would have done to make the listed hp. I say Mike is a nice guy and knows the value of hard work. Chest pounder? Nah!
He see's a need and tried to show what can be done. That's good for us all.

Robts

Keep at it, diesel needs more vendors like you. You are out there trying everything you can at what I am sure is a major investment on your part. Be open minded and share your scientific findings, and you will be a major player asap, not that you already aren't. I have run a succesful bussiness from 96-2007 and did so by trying everything, then marketing products that worked and explaining why others did not. Customers and I just love ordering parts that can be quantified from first hand experience. Take it for what it is worth, but the first five years of a bussiness is tough with little profits, but with actual R&D you are gonna be way ahead in the game.

Back