HID kits for Dodge trucks?

I bought my HID's from Burke here:

HID Kits, HID Bulbs items in BURKE Moto Pros store on eBay!

They are 6000k, true plug and play lights that come with a 5 year, UNCONDITIONAL warranty. I have had an issue twice with a blown ballast on the fog lights. I e-mailed them and had a new one on my door step in 3 days, no questions asked. Headlights were $75 shipped at the time, and fogs were $55.
Just my
$.02

I will run only ddmtuning.com hids in my trucks any more. 75 bucks gets you a high/low 55w kit your choice on color temp. Light quick and I have had mine in my Dakota for a year now with no issues except for low beam is high beam on lights. Tried rewiring and didn't change. Minor thing to awesome lights.

I removed my high beam indicator light for a quick fix.

I have been running DDM's 55w 6000K high/low kit for the past year and a half, and no negatives to say about them.

I say go for the 6000K. For my kit, the light they throw is nearly pure white once they light up, but they still have the blue look when you see the truck coming on the highway. Any higher than 6000K and you lose visibility IMO.

Dustin is actually the one who got me to buy my HID kit from DDM.

for those of you doing this in second gen dodges are you just using the sport housings?

for those of you doing this in second gen dodges are you just using the sport housings?
I did mine in a black one piece...
134898_4585583752988_760288916_o.jpg

135211_4585584072996_598888220_o.jpg

You need to do a similar write up when you do yours Phil....I would definately be interested in it. I have plans for Retro Solutions HID's in heads & fogs and would like to do the true projector as well.
I plan on it, need to send them a message and see if anybody has done a set...been looking for a dodge writeup for a while.
Found these...2nd Gen Dodge Ram HID Projector Retrofitted Headlamps

Last edited:
Dude awesome link!

Times like this I wish CompD had a "Thanks" button.
No problem at all man, I figured you'd like that link from your avatar. Hopefully I have a similar thread when I get the coin together for the projectors and no other stuff comes up. Maybe everybody on the fence with a second gen should chip and buy em for me, I'll guinea pig.

I've had HID's in stock (well aftermarket) housings for about a year now, I like the sound of what these projectors will do.

the projectors are nice, but are a very tedious and time consuming job. the end result is great tho

Back