HPTuners on 03-05s

I copied your tune into one of my files with the master switch enabled and loaded it up to try and duplicate your issue. I was unsuccessful, truck idled the same as a stock tune does. Doesn't really help you, but thought I would pass the info along.

Last edited:
That proves it's your modified file that makes your truck run poorly.

But what part of the modified file? I made EVERYTHING mirror the stock file with exception of the main timing table and it wouldn't run until I disabled the master switch. I'm lost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But what part of the modified file? I made EVERYTHING mirror the stock file with exception of the main timing table and it wouldn't run until I disabled the master switch. I'm lost.

Despite it taking so long to flash, it's best that you stick with few and small changes to start out so that you know when and what tables may have caused an issue from one modification to the next.

Again, having looked over your tune file, I would suggest the following:

1) Go ahead and leave you IPW duration table and your main SOI base table modified as is for now.

2) Adjust the various Hi/Med Hi/Med Lo/Lo Density SOI Timing tables to resemble your base table.

3) Revert the changes to your main timing ECT Adder and ECT Coefficient tables (I have some suspicion that your issues may lie primarily in these 2 tables).

4) Revert any changes to master switches back to stock.

See if that helps at all, then start working out from there.

Last edited:
So it runs fine with the master switch disabled?

I have every limiter disabled on mine, including the master switch.

So it runs fine with the master switch disabled?

I have every limiter disabled on mine, including the master switch.

It runs, but not like it should. I generated a new stock file then modified it, and now it runs with the master switch enabled. Still not getting full fuel but I'm working with someone now to get it figured out. We are making some progress.

Here's a quick issue... Anyone had "unable to locate vcm". Drivers all installed properly. Tried restarting, swapping ports etc. 03 cummins

Here's a quick issue... Anyone had "unable to locate vcm". Drivers all installed properly. Tried restarting, swapping ports etc. 03 cummins

Which version of VCM Suite did you install?

Which version of VCM Suite did you install?

Installed off the cd that came with the vcm. Downloaded latest from website and it resolved the issue.

Sent from my flashscan v2

Anyone have the issue "no VIN detected. Enter Vin or hit cancel and proceed without one"? My laptop has been sitting in my truck all afternoon because I'm afraid to unhook it. Hopefully someone here can help me. I can't get anyone to return my phone calls. Any help would be appreciated

Thanks
Jason

Anyone have the issue "no VIN detected. Enter Vin or hit cancel and proceed without one"? My laptop has been sitting in my truck all afternoon because I'm afraid to unhook it. Hopefully someone here can help me. I can't get anyone to return my phone calls. Any help would be appreciated

Thanks
Jason

Were you trying to read or flash your truck?

Thanks
Jason
Had that happen on a 6.0 powerstroke yesterday. It happened every time I tried to read the truck. It will also not let me save the file even though I entered the VIN.

Had that happen on a 6.0 powerstroke yesterday. It happened every time I tried to read the truck. It will also not let me save the file even though I entered the VIN.

Well that sucks! Keep me updated on your results. I'll do the same. Thanks for the reply

I left it that, the customer wasn't in the shop for tuning. I just wanted to look at a 6.0 file to see if I wanted to add them to my list of vehicles to support.

Thanks
Jason

reinstall latest version on 3.0 and try again, email support@hptuners.com for help. They are busy and will respond as fast as possible.

Lavon

Ok, I took Lavon's advice and was able to read the file. Next question....I am having it remotely tuned. Do I need to license the file? Or does my tuner do that?

Thanks
Jason

Ok, I took Lavon's advice and was able to read the file. Next question....I am having it remotely tuned. Do I need to license the file? Or does my tuner do that?

Thanks

Jason

You will use 2 credits, and your tuner will have to use 2 credits.

Back