Jit scam artist

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's it literally no way to control it any other way than it is. Look at eBay it's even rittled with scams they can't control. My dad was almost taken for $8k buying an embroidery machine that was "shipped" but all they shipped was a tiny empty box to have a tracking number. Took him 3 months with, eBay, PayPal, and his credit card company to get his money. That was over a year ago and to this day that guy still list the machine weekly. We watch it sell every few times and wonder how many people don't get their money back.

Something like eBay feedback?

Nope. Set up Comp D much like PP. Pay the site directly, once parts are received in working order as described then the site forwards payment. Comp D gets a percentage or a fixed price of the sale for having to deal with the idiots AND operating costs.

Again if anyone has a dispute a panel of three members will decide the outcome. If an agreement cannot be reached then the owner of the site holds the decision.

This will keep the people honest with shipping and tracking numbers along with shipping what has been described.

Lastly ALL and I mean ALL classifieds will have PICTURES for proof of said parts being sold. No more "I got this transmission and it's built to the hilt" and want 6K for a piece of crap, or a turbo that's busted up.

Nope. Set up Comp D much like PP. Pay the site directly, once parts are received in working order as described then the site forwards payment. Comp D gets a percentage or a fixed price of the sale for having to deal with the idiots AND operating costs.

Again if anyone has a dispute a panel of three members will decide the outcome. If an agreement cannot be reached then the owner of the site holds the decision.

This will keep the people honest with shipping and tracking numbers along with shipping what has been described.

Lastly ALL and I mean ALL classifieds will have PICTURES for proof of said parts being sold. No more "I got this transmission and it's built to the hilt" and want 6K for a piece of crap, or a turbo that's busted up.

Puts too much responsibility and liability on the site

That would be more of a disaster than how it is now. I think less people would use it then.

This is so far beyond a realistic idea. The liability would be huge and there's no good reason for the site owners to take it on. The money they might make would never be worth the headache. I think an ITrader feedback system is the best bet. There are always going to be bad eggs and nothing is going to change that. I've bought and sold lots of things on multiple forums and I've seen the same thing everywhere, some really small percent of the time things go bad, it's just part of society. Clearly looking at the responses from how many people who have positive experiences shows the system is working pretty well.

Don't think there will be an easy way. It's a just take the gamble and hope it works.

See that's a response I was looking for nobody would agree to it. However implement it and everyone would no choice but to say OK.

Leadership is getting people to do something they don't want to do and like it.

Fact of the matter is we all enjoy a free resource here.

Last edited:
Again, why punish EVERYBODY involved (including site owners) for the actions of a very SMALL few? :confused:

I would say if you're scared of having a bad deal on a forum, just don't buy/sell stuff on forums. Just pay full retail for everything and pay with credit card.

It's the same logic that outlaws black rifles that can go pew pew more than 15 times because one idiot shot up a movie theater (in an area that already DISALLOWED GUNS!) LOL

On another forum I'm on its required for you to have pictures of the part with a piece of paper with your username and date on it in the picture. If you don't have that they will not approve of the ad and it won't be posted. Not sure if that would help but it'd be an easy thing to do

On another forum I'm on its required for you to have pictures of the part with a piece of paper with your username and date on it in the picture. If you don't have that they will not approve of the ad and it won't be posted. Not sure if that would help but it'd be an easy thing to do

And that does nothing for a situation like this when the buyer is the issue.....

Classifieds aren't going anywhere. This is the only place I'll send my friends to buy anything, because 99.5% of you are awesome, trustworthy folks. And that's what makes CompD what it is.

Yes....and I hope whomever the dishonest person ends up being in this 4 page debacle of bullschidt get kicked in the nuts by a freight train.

That is all. Why the hell can't people be honest? Jesus. It is not hard.

Yeah if he sent the right pump back he would have his money I would have the correct pump and no one would have heard a thing about this.

Finally update on this matter as of this afternoon. PayPal has reviewed the case and evidence submitted and has rewarded me a full refund including PayPal fees. The case has been closed.

Finally update on this matter as of this afternoon. PayPal has reviewed the case and evidence submitted and has rewarded me a full refund including PayPal fees. The case has been closed.

Yeah but your still out the pump that you originally sent him right?
but I guess you gained a little if the pump he sent is salvageable?

Last edited:
It's not BS at all. He essentially just sold the pump, granted with a bit of a paperwork headache, but he sold the pump for what he asked for. Really, he gained a bit with the junk pump whether it's salvageable for a core or he can get $0.05 for scrap...

Either way, I want to know what's going to happen to JIT. I don't want to buy and sell parts with a known bad buyer on the forum.

Yes as it stands he has the pump I sold. I have the money for the pump I sold and have the core pump he sent me. Probably tear it down to check out a pump once and save in case I or someone wants a core to send in instead of a good pump.

Put a sticky with a known issue buyer/seller list. Issue gets verified, screen name plus link to bad deal thread goes on the list. Then anyone can check the list prior to any deals and decide whether to continue or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back