July 26th, Stanislaus County Fair in Turlock, Ca

I will be ther for sure (if it holds up Friday)
Turlock always has a big crowd and is probably the biggest pull in CA. Last year there were 40 diesels in the 8000 lbs. class.

Ill be there for sure gonna be a good pull this year nice sandy track lots of hooks always a fun night. Just gotta work out some bugs and ill be fine.

I herd from a few tractor pullers out of the valley that they won't even go to a John Shipman event. He has been known to close the gate and not allow any pullers early. It was also mentioned that they were directed to let up at a certain point basically rigging the outcome of the pulls.

Anybody ever have any problems with a John Shipman event?

I'm a no go. I'm working day shift and on a 10 day work week. If all goes well, our next event will be Ukiah.

Nope, that's another one up the 99. The track there at Turlock is probably the worst out of all the tracks in CA.

-Tom

i've pulled turlock the last 3 years. and while the track is sandy there is a lot of trucks for a CA event. i'm in!

I got busted out there last year, $350 ticket for speeding and a clueless douche bag cop trying to lecture me on the side of the road for a half an hour. I would just rather not bother with it.

-Tom

I got busted out there last year, $350 ticket for speeding and a clueless douche bag cop trying to lecture me on the side of the road for a half an hour. I would just rather not bother with it.

-Tom

Why was the ticket $350? Was it a double fine zone? I hate those, who cares about some dumb caltrans workers or some narrow lanes with no shoulder.......geeze they should just lighten up. Maybe you were towing a 8-10K lb trailer with a 7k lb truck and they have the stupid 55mph law when towing. Screw it who cares about everyone else.

What a jerk, just think he's out there putting his life on the line for a $60-70K a year check while we're sleeping in our houses safe and secure. What a douche bag.........................sorry for the sarcasim, back on topic.

Howard, when are you taking off for this I might want to go that way.

Last edited:
Why was the ticket $350? Was it a double fine zone? I hate those, who cares about some dumb caltrans workers or some narrow lanes with no shoulder.......geeze they should just lighten up. Maybe you were towing a 8-10K lb trailer with a 7k lb truck and they have the stupid 55mph law when towing. Screw it who cares about everyone else.

What a jerk, just think he's out there putting his life on the line for a $60-70K a year check while we're sleeping in our houses safe and secure. What a douche bag.........................sorry for the sarcasim, back on topic.

It was not a double fine zone, and no it was not a construction zone even. I was not too worried about the ticket per say, because I was legitimatly speeding, but the cop had me on the side for a half an hour arguing with me about what was legal as far as weight when he did not have any scales with him, so he obviously could not prove a damn thing.

You don't have to apologize for your sarcasm. Most assholes make assumptions on inconclusive facts anyway.

-Tom

Howard, when are you taking off for this I might want to go that way.

I won't be going to this one. I have a bad gut feeling about this one so I will be staying home and saving my fuel money for Ukiah. Actually I will be buffing my truck out for the first ever.

Tom, I still owe you a beer or two. You going to Ukiah?

Wow, Mr. Colesanti you have some issues. Why do you feel the need to call me an asshole? I made no assumtions, only questions because it seems as if a fine that high was not the norm so there had to be more to the issue.

Why do you often seem to have so much friction with others? Ive read several of your posts and it seems you like to call names.

Why is it the "douche bag cop" was first lecturing you for 30 mins and now he was arguing with you? which is it, or was it both? Some day little man you may need the help of some douche bag cop when you or one of your family members are in trouble. I hope you get what help you deserve when you need it. Until then keep up the good Carma.

Howard- oh well, next Im sur ill see you soon. Take care of those little ones.

Wow, Mr. Colesanti you have some issues. Why do you feel the need to call me an asshole? I made no assumtions, only questions because it seems as if a fine that high was not the norm so there had to be more to the issue.

Why do you often seem to have so much friction with others? Ive read several of your posts and it seems you like to call names.

Why is it the "douche bag cop" was first lecturing you for 30 mins and now he was arguing with you? which is it, or was it both? Some day little man you may need the help of some douche bag cop when you or one of your family members are in trouble. I hope you get what help you deserve when you need it. Until then keep up the good Carma.

Howard- oh well, next Im sur ill see you soon. Take care of those little ones.

How about next time you mind your own business, and keep YOUR comments to yourself. YOU were the one who called me out with your assumptions and sarcasm, so retalliation should have been expected. You do not know me nor do I know you, I would like to keep it that way.

-Tom

Back