July 26th, Stanislaus County Fair in Turlock, Ca

I agree Turlock is by far the biggest and most croweded type of show and they have lots of equipment smokers monster trucks etc... I just don't care for the way they treat us, I guess paying is better then in the past when we used to just get a $5.00 trophy. How much was it to hook? Did they change the pull fee's it used to be pretty high and didn't include any pit passes hopefully they are working on that as well.

All I am saying is trucks of our caliber (built motors) shouldn't be beating up daily driven street trucks, it doesn't help the sport grow. I agree it sucks that the VTPA puts us at the end of there events but at least now we have more then one class with them.

Why don't we start our own pulling association? NCDPA. or WCDPA or any ol' ___DPA.

Last edited:
To tell you the truth, I really don't care who I pull with, what the track is like, or who I pull against as long as it's close to home. I do it as a hobby so it's fun no matter what. And ya, it was nice that Turlock did actually pay money and give trophys to the top 3. It was still $40 to pull and only one pass for yourself, but it had the biggest crowd I have ever seen at a pull and the most trucks so they must be doin somethin right. It was also organized really well and they did a great job keeping the track smooth. I will deffinantly be back next year!

Cool...you take some good pics man
Thanks Nick, the night time pulls, smoke, lights and the distance i am away from the trucks make it hard to work with (which is why 50% of the pictures are not fully focused) and im still learning a lot with photography. But as long as Cole goes to the pulls, and im not already doing something, you can bet ill be there.

Anyways, the pictures from this pull just about uploaded on my website...heres the link they will be at: Turlock County Fair Pulls

Thanks!

Thanks Nick, the night time pulls, smoke, lights and the distance i am away from the trucks make it hard to work with (which is why 50% of the pictures are not fully focused) and im still learning a lot with photography. But as long as Cole goes to the pulls, and im not already doing something, you can bet ill be there.

Anyways, the pictures from this pull just about uploaded on my website...heres the link they will be at: Turlock County Fair Pulls

Oh I hear you Nick, but I have to be honest, the only reason I am not pulling every weekend is because of the fuel prices. And payouts take care of fuel prices.

-Tom

I didn't really like Turlock that much....don't think I'll be back :(

I'll be back at Turlock next year too. this was my 4th year going. As Tom said fuel prices are expensive.. Turlock is close and the payout covered my travel.. Plus I got to see a lot of smoker tractors.

I have to agree on the smoker tractor's, we hardly get to see them over the season, and they are damn fun to watch.

-Tom

Had a little fire on the multi-engine alcohol one too..the Dow boys know more about that stuff but the guy stayed in it for a bit after the head gasket blew on one of the engines.

did anyone get video of the john deere that pulled at the end? it went up against all the other high powered rigs. one had a triple engine set up and a nother had a dual jet engine and a few other high powered non diesel engines i believe. all i know is that john deere sounded freakin awesome. oh, and it took first.

Did they have the monster trucks again? maybe we can get Dave out here in the Hushpower rig :)

BBD

i just wanted to say thanks to all people that gave me good tips on pullin and one guy even let me use his helmet.. thanks!!
one hook down for me and now lookin for more..

i just wanted to say thanks to all people that gave me good tips on pullin and one guy even let me use his helmet.. thanks!!
one hook down for me and now lookin for more..

How did you do?

Back