LMM upgrades

wrongway

I have a buddy with an 08 LMM and it's a fuel sucking hog. What is the absolute best bang for the buck to make it get some mileage and or more horsepower? He is bugging the shiot out of me. I'm thinking some kind of EFI Live and a DPF delete. He has talked to someone that has used the Quadzilla setup and he like's it. So, what kind of help can you give me?? Thank's, Gary

I have a buddy with an 08 LMM and it's a fuel sucking hog. What is the absolute best bang for the buck to make it get some mileage

selling it..LOL

sorry I have nothing useful to add (pretty typical for me)

sorry Gary!

my brother has one..LMM dually with 22.5's..he gets like 11..he has an airraid..said he could 'feel' the difference..

ive got an LMM. 13.5 in town recently, was better when new. Have seen 21mpg on the highway.

My solution: bought a 12 valve LOL rolled 500 miles tonight on 1 tank with a 1/4 tank of fuel still left over! 75% of the miles are in town (what i call town), 0-50mph constantly and in-between. Even drove 75 miles on dirt roads or in the pastures. Love it :rockwoot:

seriously, Quadzilla and PPE have DPF deletes tunes. Sounds like EFI live may be too much for him. Some have seen great mileage improvements, some guys haven't.

If LMM's weren't such a clean ride inside and out, i wouldn't own one. Im really starting to ponder why I do have it. I drive my 12valve everywhere these days. The LMM went to dinner 3 times last week and made a 45 mile trip today....and it burned 3/4 tank in that much driving. Granted, going 70mph pulling a trailer in 20mph winds isn't the best for mileage in that 45 mile trip, but still. Short trips KILL mileage in my LMM. and it seems that if it sits, it takes a while to get everything flowing again to get good mileage. Doesn't help that everytime you start it, it idles up a little to warm up unless its already completely warm. Damn electronics!!!

I would say a quadzilla stealth on the 70hp setting and delete the DPF and muff. A guy in town has an 07.5 LMM and went from 11.5 -13 to 13-16 by deleting the DPF, quad on 70 (best mileage compared to other settings). He is lifted and on 22s. He does all in city driving for his company.

delete the dpf get a 01 to 07 exhaust unplug the senors and get a dpf tune .

Buddy went from 14 to 18 by deleting the dpf and regen...lifted on 22s too.

keep that lmm

what you should do is spend some money and gey mad hp and than you will see a change but you have to relize its going to come down to money i get like 16 city and 27 highway and i have 750 at the wheels so it comes down to money

what you should do is spend some money and gey mad hp and than you will see a change but you have to relize its going to come down to money i get like 16 city and 27 highway and i have 750 at the wheels so it comes down to money

So how does one go about getting 750hp to the ground out of an LMM? Just curious. :blahblah1:

The absolute BEST deal you'll find is offered by AlligatorPerformance over on dieselplace.com Its a DPF delete kit complete with exhaust, quad tuner, and egr blocker plate for $600! Thats a smokin deal. The Quad tuners are $400 alone.

well its all differnt types of things mostly a secret the i can get most of it from turbo work custom injectors and other **** made custom for my truck

well its all differnt types of things mostly a secret the i can get most of it from turbo work custom injectors and other **** made custom for my truck

So what you really mean is that you're full of $hit?
Sorry man, but are you like 14?

:umno:

So what you really mean is that you're full of $hit?
Sorry man, but are you like 14?

:umno:
yea most people think that till they see the truck if want come to florida and get your a*s handed to you by the duramax pensacola diesel did injector work on it silver springs did turbo work and nos work to it speed and truck did propane when i first got the truck so if you want to go lets go the efi live gives me 600 hp at the engine so let me know i will walk all over you ooo

Let see some dyno numbers, timeslips or some video of this BEAST!:poke: What kind of rods are you running?

i dont have videos right now or any dyno # or timeslips but nobody keeps time slips i have everything else back in florida 4340 billiet rods

Back