Loose injection line

DISTURBED

YEA WE RIDE THE SHORT BUS
So had a points pull last night. And about mid track I had a injection line mysteriously come loose on the pump. I started the truck to get heat in it and there was no seeping, or leaking from the line. I check the lines every couple of hooks just as a precaution. Has anyone ever had one go from tight, to turn it with your fingers loose in 150'? Stainless .120 lines. Owe and it was number 1 line. All the other lines I couldn't budge with a wrench. Anyone think of s reason why this would have happened?

Yes we had the same result a few years back. Made pulloff went to line at about 100' #3 line came loose. Wondered what happened couldnt figure it out how it came loose either.

I had the #1 line actually unscrew itself off the pump last year. I had just tightened them the day before. I threaded it back on and never had a problem again. Hell of a mess though.

from phone

that sucks, maybe a good idea to mark them all once tight at the top or front of the nut and just visually verify they haven't moved after each hook?

that sucks, maybe a good idea to mark them all once tight at the top or front of the nut and just visually verify they haven't moved after each hook?

That's a good idea. My gut says someone messed with it. Can't prove it nor would I know who would have done it. Truck will be on lock down from now on. I put a wrench on the lines every so often and have never had one loosen. I've been pulling a long time and this is the first time its ever happened.

Man that would take some balls. Ive never noticed u just poppin the hood and walking off either. Of course i magically lost the hose clamp on the heat wrap on my exhaust there at berckly co and it proceeded to flap around out of the hood stack so guess you never know.

I had one come loose on me last year after a couple of passes. I haven't had any other issues but I check them all the time now.

Did any one have any damage from the fuel being leaned out?

No. Probably because mine came completely off. Do you watch egt on each cylinder.

from phone

I use to till my data system died an I haven't got the new one installed. I will before the next hook though

Quite a few of the local competitive farm stock tractors will paint marker 1/2 of the sides of each of the injector nuts. That way there is no possible way you can't prove it was tampering if that is what happened.

Jeremy, I had a major problem with my stainless .120 lines back when my truck was runnin. I would torque them and then after the run I would have leaks. Patti sent them back to schieds for me; and there guy that bends there lines called me and said there wasn't anything wrong with them. He told me I had the pump CC's set to high for the size injector I was ruunin. But patti sent me a set of Steel .120's and I had no trouble with them. I dunno bud.....just an idea.

Quite a few of the local competitive farm stock tractors will paint marker 1/2 of the sides of each of the injector nuts. That way there is no possible way you can't prove it was tampering if that is what happened.

X2. Mark the back side.

Even if you can prove they were messed with how does that help? You still don't know who.

Back