Loose injection line

Not saying you did anything wrong Jeremy. But I put a wrench on just about everything easily accessable after we get the truck staged at a pull. We have had injectors and lines come loose even after I know I checked them. We had a lot more problems in our hard block engine keeping things tight. I assume that was just from engine running hotter. Now running water through engine again and have had a lot less problems throughout entire engine. One idea I had was a crows foot and torque wrench to check. But not having any problems lately haven't thought anymore on it.

Hmmm. Fancy little CNC aluminum 2 piece clamp. 2 or 3 3/8 bolts, when bolted together it forms 6 hex's that fit tight on all 6 nuts. (at least on the pump end)

Not gonna come loose, and tamper proof unless someone has some time.

Hmmm. Fancy little CNC aluminum 2 piece clamp. 2 or 3 3/8 bolts, when bolted together it forms 6 hex's that fit tight on all 6 nuts. (at least on the pump end)

YES!

1. Fuel does not displace air.
On the air side, that is all done before the injector even thinks about firing. So all the air that we've done our best job to get into the cylinder is there already.

2. Water does displace air.
Water injection does displace air. You simply do not gain oxygen molecules injecting water. (It is very effective however for maintaining cylinder temperatures for prolonged time's like sled pulling)

Common rails can run very close to max power on very little smoke but cylinder temperatures are un-controlable for the time it takes on a sled.

My max dyno pulls on fuel would top out the egt's at 1900+ degrees. With additional fueling could bring it down to ~ 1650 with very little power penalty.

Thanks. I get what you are saying.

1) You are already making crazy boost so once the air mixture is in that is all you get. The fuel comes in after the intake is closed so it only adds to what is in there already.

2) Water is injected before the cylinder so it is mixing with the air, so if you want more air just keep raising the boost pressures to pack more in.

Good stuff! :thankyou2:

Look at some old farm tractor Simms pumps. They had that type of clamp on the delivery valve holders. It was a simple piece of aluminum that was wedged between a pair of holders.

Picture

It would be harder to make that type of clamp work on the lines due to the six sides of the line nut. When tightening the clamp it may try to loosen the line. If the clamp was soft and not tightened real tight it would make it harder to tamper with.

Back