Mis-Matched? No longer.

Holly crap. I just had the worlds worst customer service EVAR at Fastenal when I went in to see if I can swap out the clamps and return some legit stuff that was incorrect.

I have the number of the VP of sales for the area to chat with this morning. I'm that livid that I'm reporting this situation to their management.

Dude, I was lectured, by some punk kid kid about respect! That's amazing.

Well, had a nice talk with the VP of sales at Fasenal for this region.

Problem appears to be understood.

I wonder if ill get my stuff refunded. We shall see.

Hey Jason...BTW...are you still sarcastic about mismatching two years after this thread started? LOL.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

Well, this year, the hold up isn't "major" and it's a factor of lazyness and being busy with me. Last year was just "ahhh damn.." with the rods bending.

I'm hoping this is the last major mechanical thing to deal with.

I wouldn't be surprised if the original t-case breaks.

The front diff may have a pinion bearing going, that will be labor-ish to replace. the Ring/pinion is perfect.

I'm leaving the suspension alone and not lowering it this year. I may change up the wheels/tires, these are getting low on the tread. They are nearly 4 years old! LOL.

The trans may need a re-refreshing at the end of the year/beginning of next. All in all it doesn't have that many miles over the past few years due to things breaking.

I'm hoping to finalize the tuning and just drive / race the damn thing after this last project is done. Got a few supercharged vettes that keep running their mouths around here that need a humbling ya know?

Last edited:
Well, getting close to getting back on the road here. Hopefully the correct clamps are on their way and will arrive monday. New boots for between stages here on Tuesday. Scheduling to get the A/C condenser replaced Tuesday afternoon. This one has so many rocks and bent fins I'm sure I'll gain 20% airflow! it's just that bad! :)

Looking at how the hot high pressure side is now positioned. It's more squared up this time around. The new boot will provide more flexibility so I'm hope less tug/pull/twist. Wiring is getting cleaned up a little bit each day as well as a few other odds and ends.

My new problem is the ATS radiator hose. I have the old "version 1.9" kit were the hose is un-supported behind the CP3. It's been fine for years. The hose is not wearing, however I'm kinda thinking it should just get fixed properly. Especially since the AFE intake is not as "fat" and has more ridged corners. That and the Hot high pressure pipe is butting up next to it every so slightly.

I do have the Wicked coolant bypass, so the radiator hose starts 1.25 inches higher. So who's radiator hose for twin pumps will work the best and be supported better?

Pics? I have what I believe to be a current ATS hose, and its supported by a little bracket, seems to be fine even with my Fleece Coolant Bypass block under the OEM neck. Could you just fab a simple bracket or maybe buy the ATS bracket?

azy6unug.jpg

Is this something useful to you? The little grey bracket right above the cp3.

Looks like your hose is a completely different shape. This bracket might not work as it was designed to be used with a 90* t-stat outlet and yours is the straight version.

lost a head gasket mid August. Found the head was cracked at two seats.

I got my self a nice 6.7 head. side draft intake. Its starting out at 4tho out as far as flatness and will be much closer to zero when machined

o rings or fire?

Based on my readings, orings should do the trick this time around

Last edited:
Back