Mis-Matched? No longer.

unusual carnage. battery to alternator cable. Any ideas? heat? how far do these motors twist over?

2yqenu5y.jpg

yvyqevy2.jpg

routed like this

uhezugeq.jpg

Last edited:
after unplugging things, looks like fatigue. hindsight i suppose i shouldn't have used the battery end on the alternator...

Nice going!

Could probably just remove the old end and solder on a new one. Save the cable.

i've been wanting to re route that one for a while, got a longer one and fixed it up nicly

http://www.frozenboost.com/

time for some good stuff obviously. that boot is a stepped boot, so I'm sure it has some different breaking points.

These clamps tho. i haven't had any issues with them for a while until I re-installed them. They must get drastically weaker every time you clamp them. I'm not sure how that top pipe pulled out from under that clamp. totally stretched it. Both sides are now getting 2 clamps. :)

good news tho. nothing else appears to be hurt. I need to inspect both turbo's a little closer for end play and up/down, but at first glance the little one didn't hit the compressor cover. No new blowby. new new leaks. No missing coolant Started fine every time (hot and cold, just got home on the tow truck :( )

tyjutu3e.jpg

It was on its way to 1000!

Tune is from Les at silver bullet tuning. Street manners are calm, low key, cool and clean.

Last edited:
geez, that's right, truck's to long to have the big fan up front, so no air flow over the intercooler and I never did flip on my radiator fans either.

On the road with IAT's much lower should add a few extra horsepower.

Faaaaaack. Is that a dent in your hood?

I like the dyno extrapolation.....LOL

That 1000hp paper in hand can be such a ****.

Last edited:
Faaaaaack. Is that a dent in your hood?

I like the dyno extrapolation.....LOL

Yeah, the high pressure pipe was all sorts of pissed off. There's a nice bump on the top of the hood too! I'll grab a pick.

And I was curious to see "what if, the pull kept going past 2800rpm...."

I can't get a good picture of the top of the hood. Very minor and at some angles invisible with a super tiny chip of paint missing. I'm just going to leave it be. heh

Time for some Mikalor clamps, and those metal ringed silicone boots like JSP runs.

Yup the W2's work great.

JSP will have to let you know what boots he runs as they have seen well over 100psi without issues.

That's the style of boot all hotside but the ones I have are rated for 120psi. Which just happens to be what I'm running. Can't go wrong with any of those clamps, even the light ones are enough. But I lean to overkill.

That's the style of boot all hotside but the ones I have are rated for 120psi. Which just happens to be what I'm running. Can't go wrong with any of those clamps, even the light ones are enough. But I lean to overkill.

Do you have a vendor where you got your boots from. I'm learning that some things just should be done over kill. I'm rather tired of messing with boots at this point.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgnuZ5M6jco"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgnuZ5M6jco[/ame]

Back