Mis-Matched? No longer.

-13C is still above 0F right? or close.

I have become a big fan of metric over the last few years.

So, I have this oil leak at the drain on my primary turbo. It's been apart a few times and chris (and his employees) have tried a few different gaskets each time and even checked to see if that bracket is true. No luck.

It's a very very slow leak it appears as if it's coming from the back side between the trubo and the mount.

would it be silly to think if I coat the area with a high-temp RTV of sorts that it would stop it or will it eventually start leaking again?

I would think it would start leaking again if you just apply it externally, you need to stop it before it gets out. those plates are funky, tighten evenly, if that doesn't work, back one off half a turn, then tighten the other one till tight, working the seal a bit to get it where it needs to be to seal. I think I dropped one of them damn bolts during my first go around with new turbo, and found it when I switched to twins.

Picked up the truck today. Fired right up instantly like it was just shut off 4 months ago. smooth idle.

Did have some drama. The flex-a-lite controller actually caught fire. I'm some what pissed as the charging system failed shortly after I started driving home. Managed to make it home on battery (15 miles).

Boy was it nice to that S483 again, even at a moddest unlocked 40psi. :)

Glad to here its alive.

Adding another reason to not play with flexalites to my list though.

anyone have any suggestions as who makes a good fan controller that will work with these flex-a-lite fans? Short of rigging up a few relays and manually controlling things.

anyone have any suggestions as who makes a good fan controller that will work with these flex-a-lite fans? Short of rigging up a few relays and manually controlling things.

Could buy one for a compact ford and wire it.

Monkey Fist Rage

100%, never touched (other than fluid) rear diff finally started to go out at nearly 190,000 miles

Local shop with good prices on parts and experience with go fast stuff doing the work today

9a7e7y6u.jpg

ygemavyj.jpg

Back