Mis-Matched? No longer.

So, I'm researching Intake parts here's what i'm thinking

Intake horn:
http://afepower.com/shop/details_new.php?partno=46-11011&diesel=true&

I have the old school banks one. When pressure tested it wasn't leaking "too bad", but you can feel and hear air at the grid heater delete and 2 of the 4 bolts. The AFE gets rid of that delete part so it should be simpler and has the 3.5 inlet

CAC:
http://www.mishimoto.com/dodge-5-9l-cummins-intercooler-kit-03-07.html

I don't need the entire "kit" and some of the boots. I'm going to call to today to see if the boots are rated for the high temp, high pressure stuff. If so, see if I can trade both pipes for a few extra boots.

The banks intercooler is the only other one that I found that had the 3.5" inlet/outlet.

This means I'll still have a transition boot at the inlet, but the one I had was not rated for temp!

Clamps:
Try to source the W2's. But most companies have clamps that are similar in design.

Last edited:
My local fastenal had to order them. Picked them up in a couple days. Could have payed a little exrra and had them shipped directly to me.

Sent from my XT1080

I don't recall. I know they were higher than most others out there. Seem to remember them being around $20 a piece give or take a little.

Sent from my XT1080

So, Attempting to assemble this weekend. Much issues. So Sad.

AFE intake with integrated grid delete on top of a glacier diesel Air-boost plenum thing works, ok, except the bolts are about 1/2" too short :( back to fasten all

Clamps. They will be the right size if I could ever get the damn bolt to thread in the nut! that extra 2mm on the big side really matters I suppose. It's a shame the sizes didn't over lap correctly. I figure if I get a bolt that's a bit longer, about 1/4-1/2" it can get the clamp started.

Intercooler. It's amazing how fskedup the banks one is. they really went out of their way to "re-design". Event he damn A/C condenser flanges were changed to fit their intercooler. I have no idea were my original ones are.... I may be able to make the banks 3.5" cold side tube work. Mocked up, if things were v-clamped, it would fit perfectly. :) So off to the machine shop to get 2.5" cut off and a new bead-roll put in. On the hot side, that high pressure pipe is going to fit PERFECTLY! The boots add more length, the intercooler inlets are more set back, everything is just lining up nicer this go around

The paint on the pipes look "ok" I still suck at painting. I did spent most of saturday with chemical stripper and a couple of rattle cans.

Reworked some wires, cleaned up a few things. coming back together. Definitely going to replace the AC condenser, At this point it's a flow restriction with all the bent fins.

Last edited:
Dumbass me, got the one size to small clamps. Didn't cross check the boots to the clamps. :( Assumed what was "close" in numbers was sufficient. Argh.

Back