Mustang or dyno jet.

Have you ever driven a 1000 hp vehicle around on the street? It is basically pointless, difficult and dangerous:poke:

My drag truck is still tagged but I rarely drive it on the street and don't really like to. The only times I do is either to drive it to the dyno to tune it (5 mi. up the road) or maybe to the fuel station. It is difficult to drive "easy" with out excessively smoking from a stop light or easy to moderate acceleration. When the turbos do light, you are at 100+ mph instantly and it is extremely dangerous. In all actuality, it is NOT very fun to drive for more than about 5 min.

My opinion, having had both, a 600-700 hp truck is more fun and the most you would ever need for the street.

But what do I know??...I only talk about what I know and have done...not what I think I know or what I'm going to do:Cheer:

X Eleventybillion

I have driven our race truck on the street a few times, and the truck owner drove it from the track in Mission to the dyno event @ BD in Abbotsford, but I full heatedly agree here it is not fun on the street. It is loud, smokey, rough, and either dangerously slow, or dangerously fast. Even in 4wd you can blow the tires off at will when the primary lights.

Excessive smoking? Maybe you should get that thing tuned in there Dockboy.

Using 1000whp on the street, ohhhh there may be a situation here and there that'll fit... But most won't use more then 300-400 99.99999% of the time.. Sure, 1000's there, who cares.

ZR1 Vette has 630FWHP, and faster then a 1000whp truck... They seem to be just fine... just fine..

Really Jason? Comparing a Vette built to apply all that power as efficiently as possible to a truck? It's not like the Vette isn't one of the top 5 fastest cars around the Nurmburg Ring or anything.

A 650hp truck can be a handful if not paying full attention.

Chris

Really Jason? Comparing a Vette built to apply all that power as efficiently as possible to a truck? It's not like the Vette isn't one of the top 5 fastest cars around the Nurmburg Ring or anything.

A 650hp truck can be a handful if not paying full attention.

Chris

Turn off the traction control (put the smarty on 50/50/50) and show me how well you can keep a vette straight on the street.

Long wheel base vs short wheel base, you're going to react and recover a truck better and easier then a vette, fact!

People will do dumb stuff and lose control in a TDI golf if they try. No one is running around with an on/off switch for an accelerator in these 1000whp common rails.. EDIT: Change the tune to suit the street if necessary! SSR yeah! :)

As for the smoke! That's just HILARIOUS that dockboy tells us his truck is a smokey pig on the street.

Last edited:
Oddly, mine is rather easy to drive on the street. It's a bit jumpy at idle and has a really light touch on the throttle, but driving in town, on the main road, accellerating from a stop without excessive smoke etc is pretty easy. Just don't mash the pedal too hard at low boost, and ease into it when passing. Apparantly the p-pump is much more forgiving at higher power levels. Who'd a thought it? You guys must have dense bones in your feet.LOL

Im well over 1000hp. That is if you were to add up Hp from all 3 of my vehicles:doh:

Well I'm done...

Jason ****zerak has all the answers for you...Granted he has never done it, but he does have a keyboard so that should be good enough.

Good luck with your goals...

Later

Well I'm done...

Jason ****zerak has all the answers for you...Granted he has never done it, but he does have a keyboard so that should be good enough.

Good luck with your goals...

Later

:shake:

LOL

I rattle, yet it runs clean on the street. I suppose I tossed the darts at the SSR correctly.

Have you ever driven a 1000 hp vehicle around on the street? It is basically pointless, difficult and dangerous:poke:

My drag truck is still tagged but I rarely drive it on the street and don't really like to. The only times I do is either to drive it to the dyno to tune it (5 mi. up the road) or maybe to the fuel station. It is difficult to drive "easy" with out excessively smoking from a stop light or easy to moderate acceleration. When the turbos do light, you are at 100+ mph instantly and it is extremely dangerous. In all actuality, it is NOT very fun to drive for more than about 5 min.

My opinion, having had both, a 600-700 hp truck is more fun and the most you would ever need for the street.

But what do I know??...I only talk about what I know and have done...not what I think I know or what I'm going to do:Cheer:
I know several people with 1000 trucks that they drive daily. Not one of them has a problem with smoke at idle or smoke under moderate acceleration. And none of them seem to have a problem with traction either, wet roads aside. You are a damn idiot to say that you can't drive/shouldn't drive a 1000hp truck on the street. Or maybe you are just an ignorant fool that drives like a fuking idiot. Then I could understand your point. As for it being too smokey for the street, use your right foot responsibly.

I know several people with 1000 trucks that they drive daily. Not one of them has a problem with smoke at idle or smoke under moderate acceleration. And none of them seem to have a problem with traction either, wet roads aside. You are a damn idiot to say that you can't drive/shouldn't drive a 1000hp truck on the street. Or maybe you are just an ignorant fool that drives like a fuking idiot. Then I could understand your point. As for it being too smokey for the street, use your right foot responsibly.

Coming from someone with a single 72..... vs a highly tuned set of super duper twins in a ford with magic SSR tuning.

:cheer:

Our secondary is bigger then a lot of people's primaries. Driving it on the street isn't a lot of fun, it is very much like a light switch.

I would drive JSP's truck on the street without hesitation, between the turbo's and the tuning with the standalone, I am sure it is a very driveable 1000hp.

Not everyone has efi live, the archaic tuning of SSR, coupled with the size of injectors needed to make big horsepower with only 6 injectors, combined with secondaries bigger then your single... You start to get the picture, also not everyone lives in flat wide open Texas, lots of people live where there are curves, and I know this is hard to imagine, hills. LOL

Efi Live needs to hurry up with some csp5 switches.

And nowhere did I say anything about my truck.
Heres an example. One of the trucks I know of is a 1050hp 10.6 common rail. Granted it did only make 800 on fuel, it's still a fully caged 1000hp truck that drives on the streets everyday. Another one being a duramax. Not sure on the secondary turbo but the primary is a 98mm. The truck laid down close to 1100hp on fuel only. And it drives on the street great, even on the max tune.

No way in hell I would DD a 1000hp 12v, but to say you can't drive a 1000hp truck on the street is a little rediculous.

Last edited:
I'm not near 1000 and may never be....but when I was making 800 I could drive it smoke free on the street, but it took too much thought and effort (not very sensible). I find a 5-600 to be much more enjoyable.

Epically post by a dumb phone.

Efi Live needs to hurry up with some csp5 switches.

And nowhere did I say anything about my truck.
Heres an example. One of the trucks I know of is a 1050hp 10.6 common rail. Granted it did only make 800 on fuel, it's still a fully caged 1000hp truck that drives on the streets everyday. Another one being a duramax. Not sure on the secondary turbo but the primary is a 98mm. The truck laid down close to 1100hp on fuel only. And it drives on the street great, even on the max tune.

No way in hell I would DD a 1000hp 12v, but to say you can't drive a 1000hp truck on the street is a little rediculous.

A duramax with efi live and that extra 1.7L of displacement makes large chargers a lot easier to handle. Yes it is possible to drive a 1000hp+ truck on the street, I have done so, but except for one or two I haven't found many that are enjoyable to do so. Dimitri's red truck was a good example of large chargers that drove well too.

That 1000hp CR I was talking about, had a single 72 when it dynoed those numbers. It drives great. That's all I'm saying. Efi Live probably does have a lot to do with it.

Haha I know the feeling. So what is your goal again? Just to have a 1000hp truck or to have a 1000hp truck to drag and street drive? Any current 1/4 mile passes? I remember last time I talked to you I'n my suspension drop thread you were running low 12s. Was that with or without twins?

My goal is a 1000hp street strip truck. This is a new set up that i have not had on the strip yet, when we last talked i was on a s400.

I agree with Jason a ZR1, 2013 GT500, or 1500hp Lamborghini are more dangerous on the street than any 1000hp truck. i have driven a full bolt on z06, a Kenny bell cobra making over 650 to the wheels, i have been on a nitriuos busa and they are more out of control than any 7200 lb 1000hp truck that is going to take a mile and a half to light the turbos and get moving. (not sating that i am going to race it from stop light to stop light on every street)

Its just my personal goal, i can see that some say its not possible or its not safe, but anything is possible and there are more dangerous vehicles out on the roads. $.02.

And if it ends up that its not possible then i guess its not possible. I appreciate everyone's advice on my situation.

Hey all I got to say is good Luck. I hope that you get a few different parts and achieve your goal.
There is a 1000hp Henry j that is no longer than a red wagon around here that takes it to the carshow every Friday and lights the town up... Very dangerous under his right foot yes, especially when he is drinking. But the right driver and I see no problem with it. Not saying I have a 1k rig just explaining that anything can be dangerous with the wrong driver.

Back