my quadzilla experience......everyone read me...

yeh, at first it sucks, then you learn to laugh about it, then you cry at the end of the year when you see how much you have spent. LOL

Thats why you don't look at the $$$ as fixing something that broke:doh:, I look at it as upgrading:evil.

Never had a problem with Quads box (besides some surging, which is fixed now) or service.

My box is good to. Wating till monday i'll have enough $$ to get my pulse and kill that damn surge. When you get yours togather try the MVP. I just heard about it and read up on it. No wire tap!!!

I have to agree with the guys on here. I may not own a 24V but I did work at a diesel performance shop and let me tell you. I dont care what box your running or what performance you have, these VP44`s die. I have seen a VP44 run for 150,000 miles on the stock pump and then turn around and replace one that is 6 months old, stuff happens. This is just my 2 cents. But like it was said earlier. If you want to play you got to pay

My box is good to. Wating till monday i'll have enough $$ to get my pulse and kill that damn surge. When you get yours togather try the MVP. I just heard about it and read up on it. No wire tap!!!

You do not need the Pulse to kill the surge.

If the new tunes do not solve it, fill out the support form at the top of the downloads page and let us fix it.

Sure, I would love to sell you a Pulse but, that is not required to get it to work without surging.

If the new tunes do not solve it, fill out the support form at the top of the downloads page and let us fix it.

Sure, I would love to sell you a Pulse but, that is not required to get it to work without surging.

do we need to sent the box back in?

mine is still surging with the new tune

Scott

Yes, fill the form out on the top of the downloads page and we will contact you about getting the box here to make a slight firmware change.

With the MosnterVP i have a surge even with the box turned off. I used Carburator springs to put tension on APPS sensor so the pedal is more firm which took out ALOT of the surging but doing the custome tuning and setting the APPS min and MAX will benefit me SO much. I have to much fuel on the bottom end anywho. And I currently have the pump off the truck same as the injectors, lines, and a few other things. When its back togather i'll try the test tune but i want the pulse either way. Thanks Quad!!

My QA smoked on the way home from picking up my new enclosed car trailer. I unplugged the QA, plugged in my TST comp, loaded SW9 instead of SW8 and I was on my way. A little butt hurt but no harm done. Gave a call to Jeremy sent my box in and had a new one in no time. My IP did not fry but I also replaced that back in August.

My QA smoked on the way home from picking up my new enclosed car trailer. I unplugged the QA, plugged in my TST comp, loaded SW9 instead of SW8 and I was on my way. A little butt hurt but no harm done. Gave a call to Jeremy sent my box in and had a new one in no time. My IP did not fry but I also replaced that back in August.

Just checking but, you were running the old updates right?

Don't use the old updates. Your box probably actually did not mess up, it probably just overheated itself. The new software will insure that will never happen as we have a way to keep an eye on it!!

plug your box back in and try to start it for awhile i bet your ip story will change lol just kidding man don't really do it.... that sucks that happened :( lucky for your tst comp. hey quad i was using the old updates when mine fried but i don't think you had released the new ones yet?????? just curious of the difference??? in the tunes....:) are all probs fixed with the adrenalin now?

The new tunes will not allow the box to overheat itself if the power resistor gets hot.

I dont believe that Quad would provide you with bad service. Yes it is a bear sometimes to get ahold of someone there, but what do you expect really? When I was working with them on my ADR they were always there for me helping out and doing their best, even though I was unhappy with the end result, we (Quad and I) never lost our cool and tried our best to work together.

No offense to either party, but this thread should have never been started. Smokin you should exhuasted each and every option as civil as possible before you posted what was said.

Off my Soap Box......

just so you know i did for 3 weeks and never got one single call back from quad and jeremy wasn't too much help either..... and my 1st box problem was taken care of perfect i couldn't have asked for more....too bad justin isn't still there..... not really sure what happened this go around but it didn't turn out very good..... sorry.... :(

do u have a picture so i can see how u do this.

You have to take off the black plastic cover and either cut it to fit or leave it off. But the mounting brace for the APPs is where they are. Hook your springs to the part CLOSEST to the radiator fan on the top. Theres a hole there you can get a good grab with. Then stretch the springs (i used 2) to the Throttle linkage so its more firm when you hit the pedal. The main outter linkage that you have to pop on and off is what I hooked my springs to but you can grab it anywhere just to make resistance on the pull back of the throttle cable.

It makes driving alot easier and way smoother for the cruise control and better when going over bumps and potholes so you dont throttle everytime your foot twitches.

Back