NADM 2.6 Ohio regional series for 2011?

Sledpuller

Comp Diesel Sponsor
With the addition of the Tug a Truck pull in May, National Trails in June, and the Fall, plus Bunker Hill, and hopefully back to Dragway 42, Ohio is shaping up for a regional series.
2.6 for sure..maybe debut the new 3.0 class?

When we formed NADM, we figured high fuel prices would kill a National Series, so we put all the purse money towards the individual events, and it has worked out nicely.

However, Ohio as a whole is small enough corner to corner, and 6 pulls isn't that many.

Ok, how much purse would you need to make it worth your efforts to chase 6 pulls?

What is a reasonable points series entry fee?

Should it pay back a percentage on how many participants are chasing points?

I know I wouldn't have the money, or time to be competitive in the 2.6 class but would absolutely love to see this happen and get off the ground. Ohio loves our truck pulls, plain and simple and have a pretty steady group of pullers. I can't really give any input of purse money but I sure would love to see an Ohio region pulling series!

Just watch crossing with cotpc dates.. I think alot of us cotpc guys would do it... if you would allow hoodstacks...lol thats the only diff. in rules.

I would consider running this series, pending the dates. As far as 3.0, I know there is not too many up here cuz we have an unlimited single class. I love the idea.:rockwoot:

You could count me in, I know of a couple other's that aren't members on here that would be game as well

Just watch crossing with cotpc dates.. I think alot of us cotpc guys would do it... if you would allow hoodstacks...lol thats the only diff. in rules.

Seriously, how many of you guys are running hoodstacks on a 2.6?

I would say in cotpc there is like 7-8 of us. quit calling it a street class swanson. it wasnt a street class 2 years ago and hasnt been since. there nothing street about it... and do you think a hoodstack adds a bunch of power or something.. why does everyone ***** about it.. I still drive my truck to a from work 2- 3 times a week with a hoodstack.. so whats not street about it? lol

I don't pull so this is only an outsiders view. I've always wondered what all the big controversy is over hood stacks. It's just a shorter version of a bed stack IMHO. If it's the whole "street" card people want to play, then how many street trucks run around with weights hanging off the front end or a dually set up w/out the dually fenders?? I doubt the hood stack adds any notable advantage to the truck, so why worry about it? Just curious.

How many truck run weights on there towe rigs.. how many have bumpstops, how many have water to air setups.. barkin up the wrong tree

how does posi - traction work on a plymouth, exactly how is a rainbow made?? It just does..

I don't pull so this is only an outsiders view. I've always wondered what all the big controversy is over hood stacks. It's just a shorter version of a bed stack IMHO. If it's the whole "street" card people want to play, then how many street trucks run around with weights hanging off the front end or a dually set up w/out the dually fenders?? I doubt the hood stack adds any notable advantage to the truck, so why worry about it? Just curious.

X2

:thankyou2:

An Ohio series sounds awesome. And if need be, I'll put a stack in the bed, just don't want to.LOL

You have your plate full now. You better get started on it now in hopes of having it done by next year.:Cheer:

Who? I'm agreeing with you Danny---I don't see the big deal with running hood stacks.

I was directing that to swanson...lol not to you.. I agree with you joel.. its mearly for spectators and I like to see my smoke since I dont have a video recorder.. help me with tuning.

It doesnt much matter to me, if there was more than one org. than ran it, i would be putting one on mine. I think i look neat. The only bit** i would have would be that i couldn't run it anywhere else.

thats why I said make it to where we can run them and I think you would have cotpc trucks..

I still drive my truck to a from work 2- 3 times a week with a hoodstack.. so whats not street about it? lol

Other than the fact you are committing a felony, and drawing the wrong sort of attention to Diesels, nothing.

Back