NADM 2.6 Ohio regional series for 2011?

New rules are locked in for us for 3 yrs. Hoodstacks and RSV (ag) govenors are allowed in our 2.6 over here. Updated the turbo rule and a change on the hitch rule. I think NADM can and will get trucks, but it would be nice to see the rules comparable to COTPC as they typically have a large 2.6 turnout.

Jeremy

WEll, share the details!!

We always look at what others are doing, but if you are making a 3.0 class with a 2.6 charger, I doubt we'll change.

Sort of like another group taking their alternators off in a street legal class.

We went to protrusion and also stock map width. Also the compressor bore must retain the 2.6 bore for 3/8 inch. So no stepped covers right before the wheel.1/8 inch protrude.

We went to protrusion and also stock map width. Also the compressor bore must retain the 2.6 bore for 3/8 inch. So no stepped covers right before the wheel.1/8 inch protrude.

what are they trying to regulate with the stock map width?

We went to protrusion and also stock map width.

Also the compressor bore must retain the 2.6 bore for 3/8 inch. So no stepped covers right before the wheel.

1/8 inch protrude.

Good deal, did you vote, or is there a rules board? Was it close?

Basically we had a meeting after pull. The top 15 cotpc trucks were there and we hand voted for everything. We also are adopting 3.0 true class. Illinois rules.

Presiscion makes turbo that could net u prob 75hp just in the cover.

2.6 ideas

We came down to a few events in Indiana and Ohio this summer and had a great time. Wow, the 2.6 debate is really intense. I was under the impression that the 2.6 class was the next step up from workstock. I didnt think that 2.6was intended for the all out puller, but the weekend warrior that was not stock or stock appearing anymore. This would make this a street class of sorts. 2.8 has evolved to 3.0, why I'm not sure. The 2.6 turbo controversey is way out of control. There are many 2.6 trucks that could or should run 3.0.
I would like to see 2.6 return to a street class. As much as I would hate some of these rules, it would put many trucks in the true class that they belong. 1)Nail down a true 2.6 turbo rule. Get tough on exotic equipment that does not belong. Take an average cost of 5-6 off the shelf 2.6 turbos and put in place a claim rule. Guys wont spend crazy money if they could loose it for half or less the price to replace. 2) Make it 4wd, not 6wd. 3) Keep the no hood stack rule. 4) No front hanging weight. Yes, this one really sucks, but levels the playing field for the less horsepower trucks, and puts the big power guys up in the classes they belong in. This also helps the uneducated people in the stands visually identify the difference in each class. Not trying to offend anyone, just hoping to advance the sport.

i would run in this however, I wish there was a way that we could have the shorter wheel base truck run with the LONGER wheel base trucks.

i would run in this however, I wish there was a way that we could have the shorter wheel base truck run with the LONGER wheel base trucks.

There is, its called the stubbies can hang another 500 pounds or more on the front, because of less frame, less sheet metal.

I didn't notice Cliff Carnes having any trouble...

There is, its called the stubbies can hang another 500 pounds or more on the front, because of less frame, less sheet metal.

I didn't notice Cliff Carnes having any trouble...

That extra weight better help! Our new 3.0 truck is a regular cab. We are hoping the 2600lbs. on the front will make up for only having 152" wheelbase:lolly:

I ran a Hood Stack for quite a while on my Street truck...no problems with the staties or cops around here...but most all the cops around here are Hillbillys so yea... and it would be nice to see this come to life cause id definitely attend ( spectate ) these pulls... be more pulls to add to my calendar!.. just wish i had the extra $$ to actually pull more than once.... cause once i break.. im done... lol...

Back