Name the AFC Controller Giveaway

Big Blue24

Comp Diesel Sponsor
Here at Power Driven Diesel, we've been working on finalizing the packaging of our new In-Cab AFC Controller and we are finally ready to release these to the general public. However, we need help coming up with the perfect name, so we are having a contest:

Post up your favorite name for this new In-Cab AFC Controller and the winning name will receive a free stage 1 kit. This is an air-operated control system for the AFC that allows for fine tuning adjustments for both peak power/EGT control as well as throttle response/smoke control. It works great for smoke-free driving yet still allows full power and can be tuned to run clean or dirty at the twist of a knob located in the driver compartment.

Contest rules:
Post up as many names as you want, the first person to post up a name will be the winner if that name is selected for the finished product. Contest ends this Saturday night at midnight Mountain Standard Time.... unless you come up with a totally awesome name then we might pick a late name entry.... We will announce the winner on Monday July 13th.

Here's a picture of a complete stage 1 kit:

AFCControl1_zpse8gzhm8q.jpg

AFCControl2_zpstkxesxed.jpg

AFCControl3_zpsq9te5ok0.jpg

Here's some pics of the prototype install:

AFCcontrol%2028_zps6e1rwxao.jpg

AFCcontrol%2023_zpsbedngro2.jpg

AFCcontrol%2011_zpslldwsr3q.jpg

AFCcontrol%2012_zpslao4fpfe.jpg

AFCcontrol%2013_zpsaknyfu4l.jpg

AFCcontrol%2019_zpstloakvlg.jpg

AFCcontrol%2033_zps9fhl2edx.jpg

AFCcontrol%2030_zpsxgged2ko.jpg

Here's a video of a prototype kit from testing a few months back, this shows tuning my 98' daily driver with a healthy fueling setup and compound turbos at 5,800' elevation.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQOtLgnGfsg"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQOtLgnGfsg[/ame]

Here's a longer video running a prototype kit where we towed a gross combined weight of 20,100 lbs over all the high mountain passes on I-70 between Utah and Denver, CO. We made zero under hood tuning changes so this is the same 26* timing, 5x016" injectors, 100cc dv's, etc. that pushes this 7200 lbs truck to mid 12's. All tuning was controlled via the in-cab AFC controller knobs.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6_7KQvPYDM"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6_7KQvPYDM[/ame]

Also, there were a few good early entries so these names have already been submitted and are going to be considered along with the names/guesses that are posted up here.

Bi-Polar dials

Jekyll/Hyde dials

easy-p

123-afc

rental knob

"AFC Live"

Csp-12v

The Fuel Tamer

Dino chip

Fossil fueler

Quick draw
"From tame to track in seconds flat."
Or slow to go in seconds flat.

"Auxiliary AFC program"

"Pneumatic Auxiliary AFC"

"the regulator"

Fuel optimizer.

The coal controller

manual in-cab oral control kit

The Anti-oraler!

The twist chip...........fuel maximizer.

The Eliminator (eliminates smoke and the fuel plate).

12V-DD "Twelve Vee Double D" (Double Dial)

Smoke switch (but in a good way).

DinoTune

ACS (Aneroid control system)

RFIV short for Referenced Fuel Injection Volume

PDD Air Tune
Mechanical Boost Reference Control (MBRC)
Aneroid Live or Live Aneroid
Remote Aneroid Control
Versa-Tune or Versi-Tune
Remote Fuel Limiter

Probably inappropriate but here it is. Fuel Under Control Knobs or F.U.

Last edited:
Mister twister *insert tornado picture*

Dial-a-smile

Twist It To Turn It Extremely Strong (there's an acronym there) LOL

Last edited:
Dino tuner

Dino tuning

The Dino tuner

Edit: disregard I didn't read the list close enough.

I like mine and a few more on the list as well. I would avoid anything with smoke or things that describe the kind of attention real diesel enthusiasts have been attempting to avoid for years. Always loved AFC live, but it is more of a coined phrase for our way of tuning in the fight with the CommonRail rival. Also afc live or csp might be a touch close to copyright infringement/plagiarism. Doesn't matter to me what it is called though. If it works, it works.

Last edited:
PDDS (Power Driveability Dial System)

After all, the problem you have solved here is making power in a 12v driveable.

I like mine and a few more on the list as well. I would avoid anything with smoke or things that describe the kind of attention real diesel enthusiasts have been attempting to avoid for years. Always loved AFC live, but it is more of a coined phrase for our way of tuning in the fight with the CommonRail rival. Also afc live or csp might be a touch close to copyright infringement/plagiarism. Doesn't matter to me what it is called though. If it works, it works.

I completely agree with Adam.

Is this a "race only" item, or is it (CARB) approved? :hehe:

In all seriousness, good luck to you and everyone else at Power Driven Diesel with the lauch of this!

wireless
Wireless tablet
Wireless tuner
Mechanical tuner
12Vchip (chip = can help impress public) Get the bad rap off of all the black smoke complaints...?
Twist n play
Screw n play

I thought we decided this in your other thread?

manual in-cab oral control kit, MI-COCK for short

Wonder why I never could land one of those sweet marketing gigs. I blame my parents for all my shortcomings.

Last edited:
I'm thinking AFC-live is the winner, I do like PDDS as in Power Driven Dial System. Kinda goes along with your company name Power Driven Diesel.

Afc fuel management
Master afc control/afc master control
Afc commander
Afc manipulator
Afc pilot
Afc supervisor
Supremacy over your afc etc
Variable afc control
Fine tune afc
Tweak my afc
Afc calibrate

Back