Name the AFC Controller Giveaway

This is where I put it

[ame="http://s1258.photobucket.com/user/Cody_Mertes/media/IMG_20150717_124550035_zps3fq22liy.jpg.html"]IMG_20150717_124550035_zps3fq22liy.jpg Photo by Cody_Mertes | Photobucket[/ame]

Last edited:
I've been playing around a little with the AFC LIVE stage 2 setup in my daily driver. Just for fun I dialed back the fueling to where it would only make a maximum of 45 psi, then I locked the converter in 3rd gear, brought it up to 60 mph with my foot on the floor, then flipped the full power mode switch and it will chirp the tires!!! It's actually quite amazing how hard it hits when everything is spooled up (barely) and then you let the pump go instantly to full rack which results in a nice boost spike to 85 psi and a big power hit. Now with just 650 HP, I don't have enough power to keep them spinning at 60 mph unless I started at a lower speed like 30 mph.

I can't wait to try this on the dyno to see if it can make an artificial power spike....

AFCLIVE2.1_zpsadcq66ej.jpg

AFCLIVE2.2_zpsuckfcmsw.jpg

AFCLIVE2.3_zpsqme0rwwo.jpg

That sounds like it was made just for breaking input shafts. I like it. LOL

What all is different between the "stage 1" and "stage 2"? Is there going to be a stage 3?

That sounds like it was made just for breaking input shafts. I like it. LOL

What all is different between the "stage 1" and "stage 2"? Is there going to be a stage 3?

You can disregard this question. I forgot Scott got the website working on govt computers, so I was able to look it up.

I think one of these would do great on the purple truck. Might let me get some mileage back lol.

Also, it looks like you can just swap any spring into the AFC with this, the lighter the better just to act as a diaphragm return? Or would you still want a heavier spring so you aren't getting full fuel at a low boost pressure, and to allow the afc live box to have a wider range of control?

Last edited:
You can disregard this question. I forgot Scott got the website working on govt computers, so I was able to look it up.

I think one of these would do great on the purple truck. Might let me get some mileage back lol.

Also, it looks like you can just swap any spring into the AFC with this, the lighter the better just to act as a diaphragm return? Or would you still want a heavier spring so you aren't getting full fuel at a low boost pressure, and to allow the afc live box to have a wider range of control?

Will spent about 5 hour's last night mapping out a bunch of different springs. We will have some interesting info on what he found soon. It was late last night. I don't even know what all he found but he was excited about his results. He is like a little mad scientist I swear. LOL

Will spent about 5 hour's last night mapping out a bunch of different springs. We will have some interesting info on what he found soon. It was late last night. I don't even know what all he found but he was excited about his results. He is like a little mad scientist I swear. LOL

LOL I'm picturing a guy hunched over a spring under a microscope

So does the stage 2 require 12v power n ground for the toggle? Or is that all mechanical

So does the stage 2 require 12v power n ground for the toggle? Or is that all mechanical

I was wondering that too, but I imagine it's just a bypass valve of some sort. I didn't see any wiring in any of the pics or videos. I really applaud their ability to fit all that stuff in that little box, and keep it reliable.

I thought I asked this already, but what kind of input pressures will this handle? I'm thinking of the 100psi compound guys.

I was wondering that too, but I imagine it's just a bypass valve of some sort. I didn't see any wiring in any of the pics or videos. I really applaud their ability to fit all that stuff in that little box, and keep it reliable.

I thought I asked this already, but what kind of input pressures will this handle? I'm thinking of the 100psi compound guys.
It's a manual bypass valve. No electronics. Also Will is running it on his daily driver at 85psi so I'm sure they made it suitable for the high boost guys.

I swear I remember typing a response to that question but I sure don't see it here. Anyways yes we have it on Wills truck that sees 85 psi daily and the components are all rated at over 100 psi so we think it should be fine at those levels. Most afc springs will be maxed by 50 psi anyways so no need to run more than that through the system.

I swear I remember typing a response to that question but I sure don't see it here. Anyways yes we have it on Wills truck that sees 85 psi daily and the components are all rated at over 100 psi so we think it should be fine at those levels. Most afc springs will be maxed by 50 psi anyways so no need to run more than that through the system.

It might have been in the other thread. It is getting a little confusing LOL

You should start a new thread for the afc springs. I know I would be all over buying one for my single 63/68. I'm running a stretched 215 spring. I'm sure you have came up with something a bit better:rockwoot:

You should start a new thread for the afc springs. I know I would be all over buying one for my single 63/68. I'm running a stretched 215 spring. I'm sure you have came up with something a bit better:rockwoot:

We absolutely will! We are going to publish all the info on our springs so you will know what you are getting. How much boost is needed for full travel and how far the afc arm moves for every 5 psi increase. Then you can decide what you want based on the turbo system your truck has.

^ even for a big single like s475, because I'm curious about that and if it would work with a diverter valve:Cheer:

^ even for a big single like s475, because I'm curious about that and if it would work with a diverter valve:Cheer:

The divertor valve should stay on a straight boost signal. You cold totally tune your truck to run that single. Don't expect it to spool like a stocker of course but you could easily control the smoke with this running an s475. however if your preboost is set to aggresively and it smokes heavy with 0 boost it will still smoke.

In our AFC spring testing so far we found that the arm would start to move even when the gauge showed 0 psi. Our new springs will have better control and the very low psi spectrum.

The divertor valve should stay on a straight boost signal. You cold totally tune your truck to run that single. Don't expect it to spool like a stocker of course but you could easily control the smoke with this running an s475. however if your preboost is set to aggresively and it smokes heavy with 0 boost it will still smoke.

In our AFC spring testing so far we found that the arm would start to move even when the gauge showed 0 psi. Our new springs will have better control and the very low psi spectrum.
I want one! Asap.

Back