Name the AFC Controller Giveaway

We have a couple of short vids up on our instagram page @powerdrivendiesel We will have a larger video up to youtube shortly as well. It works awesome and the full power mode switch is way more fun than I even imagined!

Another internet thing. Where do you get the most traffic from among all your social media outlets? Post your media there first, and watch your traffic grow. 80/20 rule.

Another internet thing. Where do you get the most traffic from among all your social media outlets? Post your media there first, and watch your traffic grow. 80/20 rule.

I do admit freely that I don't know the internet rules that well. 80/20? I do want to have a lot of traffic for sure so I do welcome all advice gratefully. We post on instagram because it is so quick and easy. The thing that sucks is the vids can only be 15 seconds as I am sure you all well know. So we put up a few quick and dirty short vids and then put up a longer more detailed version as soon as possible.

As of right now we get the quickest response from the instagram account and we have quite a few contact us from there as well. It has been a fun learning curve for sure. Before we started this business I didn't even have a facebook account, still don't. But Frankenstein did and now PDD does as well.

We did some playing on the stage 2 today and it is stupid fun. If your truck makes good power you can do boosted launches at freeway speeds! we will have some vids showing it but basically when you have the AFC LIVE tuned to a low power setting and then floor it and spool up the turbos the power is still way low. Then just flip the switch to full power mode and dump the fuel to the already spooled turbos and hold on! we did multiple free way hits at about 200 HP then instantly flip the switch and we were are 650HP. I predict many more rolling burnouts in the future!

Crank up the volume.... I think we hurt the microphone on the Go Pro when it was mounted near Frankenstein's screaming turbos....

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiccxNK2yUU"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiccxNK2yUU[/ame]

Where do you suggest the afc spring to be set loose? Stock spring? Is there a strategy in tuning the afc that works best with afc live?

BTW I like the name, and from the videos I've seen looks to be very nice quality. Slick unit guys!! Can't wait to get one on my mechanical truck once it's finished

Last edited:
Where do you suggest the afc spring to be set loose? Stock spring? Is there a strategy in tuning the afc that works best with afc live?

BTW I like the name, and from the videos I've seen looks to be very nice quality. Slick unit guys!! Can't wait to get one on my mechanical truck once it's finished

Thank you!

We actually have a new spring we are going to offer as well. we have a great spring for compound kits. we are still working on the perfect spring for a single turbo application. The stock spring will work, we just have found it much more responsive to the tuning with the different spring. A high performance single capable of 50+ psi would work well with our new spring, but the stock turbos will need a different spring.

As far as strategy it is all personal preference. If you want it smoke free you can do that. (depending on your setup of course, Frankenstein will never be smoke free, it smokes at idle) It will of course make more power with a good haze and as we know the top running 12V's all smoke alot! so tune it how you like it. Really we find ourselves changing settings all the time just to try new ways, its very fun!

Last edited:
Looks pretty legit. Great job guys!

Also, when you showed in the video that you had a third arm/hand, it freaked me out a little. ;-)

As I wait for my stage 1 to arrive I keep trying to think of a clever way of mounting the box. So far it seems velcro on the lower panel or on top of the dash may be the best way. Any pictures of where you guys have seen or have your boxes mounted yet? Or do the kits come with mounting hardware and I am thinking about this for nothing?

As I wait for my stage 1 to arrive I keep trying to think of a clever way of mounting the box. So far it seems velcro on the lower panel or on top of the dash may be the best way. Any pictures of where you guys have seen or have your boxes mounted yet? Or do the kits come with mounting hardware and I am thinking about this for nothing?

Velcro on the lower panels seems to be the preferred way so far. Either side of the wheel seems good but most are putting it on the right side. The Velcro is amazingly strong, I was quite surprised really. We are toying with the idea of offering a bracket like a trailer brake controller mount, but as of now the Velcro works really well.

Here's a picture of where I temporarily mounted mine to see how I liked it. Seems to be a good accessible location to make adjustments while driving.
uploadfromtaptalk1437179852841.jpg

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk

Back