New Borg Warner S300sxe Turbos

Your kidding me right?

You put turbo on, take it out in the rain and act like it's the greatest thing since sliced bread.
Don't be mad bro, most thought the same thing about the batmo wheel when it came out.

Go do a burnout in the gravel and come back and tell us how bad it is.

Oh hellllll na lol. Seriously though these compounds have seen plenty of 60-70psi beatings which is barely tickling them. Now sadly this truck has busted these 22.5 duals loose off a dig more than I'd like so I'll avoid rock throwing, but since we're talkin throwing stones......

How bout that VP dually with a 69sxe running a 12@108...... oh wait must not fit into your bro-science!

All I've ever said is IF you do an sxe either do the 64.5 or the 69.

My 63/71/13 spooled slower than my 63/68/ 83. The 69 was boostless until 1900rpm. unless really trying to spool it then it was full control of boost over 2250 rpm.

5x14s 7mm d.v. benched 215 pump. Pdi manifold. 20° minor p&p head. But the truck is a 5 speed.

Yeah in your dyno vid you were flooding that turbo big time, I'd definitely agree not tje best for yours.

Last edited:
That 63/68 sounds good too. Honestly I just want something bigger than this 351. With all the talk of how well these run given there size and the injectors I already have . I would go smaller on injectors too also. I got a good deal on these 5x.016s .

Last edited:
Apparently you must've missed the content of the original question, otherwise your keyboard saddle and pink as$less chaps wouldve been hanging still. Lol

So since you know all, please do share your 369sxe experience........

Don't get your panties in a bunch...I have read in multiple threads, as have others, where the 369sxe is given as the bestest of the best for every random application. It may work great for you and that is great...any third grader would realize it will not be the best for every application.

:Cheer:

67735194.jpg

Don't get your panties in a bunch...I have read in multiple threads, as have others, where the 369sxe is given as the bestest of the best for every random application. It may work great for you and that is great...any third grader would realize it will not be the best for every application.

:Cheer:

Totally agreed my experiences differ from others.

Honestly it seems to me the best reviews are coming from the ppl using them as secondary turbos.

I'll be putting this 1.0 housing on and running the gate plate to the 40mm JGS as a fall back if I choose to dump more fuel.

Last edited:
blackmega3500 said:
...your keyboard saddle and pink as$less chaps...

I have nothing useful to add other than that all chaps are "assless". :D

What I don't understand is why these SX-E turbos are more durable than previous s300s? Maybe, and most likely the information was posted in this thread and I just didn't understand it? Anyone care to explain in nice and slow for a yahoo up in the Dakotas(we don't get out much)? Is it simply the 360 thrust bearing? You could get those as an upgrade for the old s300s though, so I doubt it's just that.

Upgraded thrust standard, different cover design, and slightly different compressor wheel from a forging.

There were some rumors that the shaft got a bit better too but I don't think that has been confirmed.

Also, they have the 73 turbine that is a better non clipped design vs the old box s366/73 clipped style.

Last edited:
We dyno'd a 98' 12 valve today with a 362 SXE turbo, it was part of a promotional video for our turbo sale this month, but the dyno results are there for those wondering how they do on a loaded mustang dyno at 5700'.

Truck specs: Brand New Shortblock with .020 over 286210 pistons, 182/214 Hamilton Cam, 60# Springs, 7/16 pushrods, PDD 5x014" sac 145* injectors, DDP 024 DV's, 4k GSK, PDD Stage1 lift pump, PDD 550 HP Tranny, AFC LIVE, Turbo Tuner for wastegate tuning. As I recall, it made 45 psi boost.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oW9-mK_SE6Q"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oW9-mK_SE6Q[/ame]

I wouldn't bank on a larger turbine housing gaining power, most instances the opposite is true.

I wouldn't bank on a larger turbine housing gaining power, most instances the opposite is true.

For who's? If your saying about mine, its to open a tad more flow to the primary. IF I plumb the gate plate it'd be only set as an open dump to max boost/drive to 75-80psi.

Last edited:
Also I have been monitoring my wot from a dig drive and its spiking to 80ish which was slowing my spool down with the tight .91.

In a single pressure stage. The only instance I can see a larger(numerically) trim compressor and a larger turbine housing as being beneficial is as a secondary.

Last edited:
In a single pressure stage. The only instance I can see a larger(numerically) trim compressor and a larger turbine housing as being beneficial is as a secondary.

So got the new 1.0 on and decided to not gate it even after I bought everything.

Interesting thing though. The right rear exhaust housing bolt was loose and I think it was leaking slightly before the primary.

Havent done much driving except around the block and it spools just a tad slower(100ish rpms), but definitely doesn't feel as bogged down when boost starts to build.

Will know more tomorrow when I have more time.

Back