New Pro Street rig for this season

Couple pictures. Im getting close to having it back running, can't wait. Finances are not getting any better it looks like Im for sure going to have to sell the truck. Any one want to make me an offer as is once its up running and track ready? Im still thinking it will be a couple weekends possibly three before its there. It's been a long winter.

Bruce Smith
214-532-1745

What do you lack on getting it done? May have a few parts laying around you can use.

I appreciate the offer thats for sure but I think im in good shape on all parts to finish going back together. Most of whats left Im building from scratch, brackets, piping, etc... it's all looking real good so far. I should be posting more pictures but to be honest while Im out there working it never crosses my mind tell in the evening when I come in. I'll get on it and get some good pictures soon and try and fiqure out how to post them big enough to enjoy and see well. More to come, thanks for looking.......

Bruce Smith

Cool build, I would suggest getting the body strait and BLK primer if you can swing it.

Cool build, I would suggest getting the body strait and BLK primer if you can swing it.

Man, I agree 100% and want to so bad. I wished I'd thought of it and done it this past summer when funds were not an issue but I was always busy either racing it or working it seems. Im quessing for someone to do it right and get it perfectly straight and put it in a good quality flat black epoxy primer it might cost.. what 12/1500? If things were differant I do it the day I get it back running but right now I dont see it happening; things are that tight. I feel like Id have no trouble getting that money back out of it also. We'll see what things look like in two or three weeks from now. It's also going to depend on offers I get before then Ive had a few offers so far but know ones quite close enough for me to bail out. Two have offered decant money for it as a roller but man I hate to sell it that way after building such a nice new engine for it, Im scared I want come out doing it that way, this engine by its self is going to be harder to sell that way being it cant be tested. Anyone that interested in the truck can come here and test it Well in the truck, even have a track just down the road! Im not going to just give it away Ive got a ton of money in the truck; but I will say that it can be bought 'right' if someone will just call and we talk it over a while, I even have a couple year old 18' car hauler that could go with it cheap. I'm going to be looking for a enclosed trailer for my new project one of these days. Thanks

Bruce Smith
214-532-1745

Last edited:
91 Chevy Pro Street

See if this works.

Attachments

• video[1].gif
    video[1].gif
    411 bytes · Views: 0
Well truck is at body shop getting a make-over. I will post pics when I get it back and as it is getting built.

Bruce, I hope things swing around for you and you can keep your truck. It is an awesome truck and I'm sure you guys will have it running fast real quick. LOL

Thanks Ryan, I think putting it back together should go smooth but tuning twins is new to me. hope to get it tuned with out much problem either way I will see you in Ennis.

Thanks Ryan, I think putting it back together should go smooth but tuning twins is new to me. hope to get it tuned with out much problem either way I will see you in Ennis.

I wish Ryan was helping me tune my truck!...... HAHA keep her around cool truck you got man especially after the paint job.

We'll be there. Is Ryan coming with you?

Yes he will be there.

Well it has been a little while since I updated. I stopped at the body shop on Monday to see the progress on the truck, body looks good and it was in primer. If it is ready to pick up by friday I will spend the next several weekends getting it back together and tuned for Ennis. If any of you are interested that will be a good time to see the truck and watch it make smoke. I will post pictures this weekend if truck comes home this weekend.

Cant wait to see it, wish I had the old black truck up and going to run with ya.

Cant wait to see it, wish I had the old black truck up and going to run with ya.

Quit teasing me Beaner.....

Tucker

Attachments

• 101_0455.JPG
    101_0455.JPG
    65.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Ryan%20Tucker%20Dallas%20raceway%202[1].jpg
    Ryan%20Tucker%20Dallas%20raceway%202[1].jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 0
  • Ryan%20tucker%201[1].jpg
    Ryan%20tucker%201[1].jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I am working up a plan as I type, maby gonna get something together for it real soon. Still have a Cummins but more like what you had in it, simple but fast.

I am working up a plan as I type, maby gonna get something together for it real soon. Still have a Cummins but more like what you had in it, simple but fast.

Thank the lord, sooo that hopfully means that your OTHER means of a power plant has finally slipped your mind; and a Ol' Dinosour engine is going back in? Id love to see these Chevy's lined up together somewhere this year, that would be a blast to see. Bruces 91 has been used to seeing the ass end of my old 81 for the last few years, its time for revenge. Throw something together for it Bean.

By the way, I hope Bruce decides or is able to keep the truck and race it a few seasons But, if he sells it someone would be getting a hell of a well put together truck. We back halved it like my other truck and I set up the suspension, it WILL put down to the track what ever power you throw at it. It's set up at Min. weight for NHRDA Pro Street class, it should now look as good as it will run when Bruce is done dicking with it...

Tucker

Last edited:

I would love to line up with The Black Truck again, and not be looking at its rear end as Ryan pointed out. It will be at Ennis even if is not race ready. Sounds like it is a maybe that it will be ready to pick up friday. Witch sucks but that is what happens when you depend on someone else to work on your truck. We are still going to do every thing myself and Ryan can to race it April 2nd.

Quit teasing me Beaner.....

Tucker

I have not seen a day time image of that truck. It is sweet! Where is it now?

See you guys at Ennis, I have a feeling when Bruce takes a good look after it was painted he will keep it...... We all hope so.

I have not seen a day time image of that truck. It is sweet! Where is it now?

See you guys at Ennis, I have a feeling when Bruce takes a good look after it was painted he will keep it...... We all hope so.

Ryan Bean now owns it. That truck was so much fun, crazy how fast 6 teens felt in that truck. I still didnt even pull a full second off its e.t.'s with the Altered; Although I sprayed the truck and fuel only in the Altered. 6.61 was my best fuel only pass in it, 40's on first kit and teens on the second stage.

Last edited:
I would love to line up with The Black Truck again, and not be looking at its rear end as Ryan pointed out. It will be at Ennis even if is not race ready. Sounds like it is a maybe that it will be ready to pick up friday. Witch sucks but that is what happens when you depend on someone else to work on your truck. We are still going to do every thing myself and Ryan can to race it April 2nd.

You gonna make it to TS? I hope to have her up and goin again by then.

Back