New Pro Street rig for this season

As soon as I can I will post several good pictures from a digital camera. I can not figure out how to get pictures off my phone to load up on here, they were not very good pics any how. Cell phone pictures are never 100% but they give an idea. Bruce

Small update, the truck came together nice and Im very pleased with the way it looks now; the new engine also came together and makes a lot of power. Truck didnt make a killer showing at the Tx race thats for sure but at least I now know why; it was driving right through the convertor. It's an old school 518 OD w/o lock up and I had the convertor guys loosen up the stall speed to make spooling the new chargers a bit easier; well we went WAY to far; it drives right through it like it wasnt there. The convertor is trashed and getting sent back to be redone and strengthened even more, even the poss. that it ballooned on me.

You can tell from the burn outs that once the tires get warm and start to stick that the engine revs to the moon and they stopped pulling. Then after looking back at the in cab videos it was super obvious in watching the tach; it wouldnt leave tell around 3500 then when Id drop the hammer it ran over to where I have the gsk setup [4250] and stay pegged even during all the shifts. Low 12's is all it would run in this condition, we were expecting more like low to mid 10's right off the bat with this power. The engine seems to be right were we want it and making killer power if we can get it to the ground; boost was 115# with 90# drive pressure cant wait to see how it performs when the new convertor comes in!

Ive still not been able to properly size photos and get them here, but hopfully there will be some good shots of the truck from the Tx. race soon that folks can see that were not there. Thanks

Bruce

Bruce you showed better than I did! LOL I didn't even make the it to the 8th under power.

The truck looks amazing and I may have left a little drool on the engine bay while looking at the twin setup.. I am sure you will get the bugs out of her.

Small update, the truck came together nice and Im very pleased with the way it looks now; the new engine also came together and makes a lot of power. Truck didnt make a killer showing at the Tx race thats for sure but at least I now know why; it was driving right through the convertor. It's an old school 518 OD w/o lock up and I had the convertor guys loosen up the stall speed to make spooling the new chargers a bit easier; well we went WAY to far; it drives right through it like it wasnt there. The convertor is trashed and getting sent back to be redone and strengthened even more, even the poss. that it ballooned on me.

You can tell from the burn outs that once the tires get warm and start to stick that the engine revs to the moon and they stopped pulling. Then after looking back at the in cab videos it was super obvious in watching the tach; it wouldnt leave tell around 3500 then when Id drop the hammer it ran over to where I have the gsk setup [4250] and stay pegged even during all the shifts. Low 12's is all it would run in this condition, we were expecting more like low to mid 10's right off the bat with this power. The engine seems to be right were we want it and making killer power if we can get it to the ground; boost was 115# with 90# drive pressure cant wait to see how it performs when the new convertor comes in!

Ive still not been able to properly size photos and get them here, but hopfully there will be some good shots of the truck from the Tx. race soon that folks can see that were not there. Thanks

Bruce

Setup a phtotbucket account much easier you don't have to re size. Or send them to me I will post them, m.kirtley1@gmail.com. Truck looks great! That is a good amount of boost man wow!

Here's some pics of the truck...

BruceSmith.jpg

BruceSmith6.jpg

BruceSmith5.jpg

BruceSmith4.jpg

BruceSmith3.jpg

BruceSmith2.jpg

sure looks a hell of a lot better than the first time i saw it with all the peeling paint. i have to admit it suprised me last year how hard it ran. good luck with it.

How big are the injectors?

How big are the rear tires?

How well does it hook up, what are the 60' times?

Looks slick!!!

Setup a phtotbucket account much easier you don't have to re size. Or send them to me I will post them, m.kirtley1@gmail.com. Truck looks great! That is a good amount of boost man wow!

Max thanks for the offer, I was already working on sending Travis some pictures, he offered as well. How is your truck have you had time to fully check it out? Hope you can get it back running soon.

How big are the injectors?

How big are the rear tires?

How well does it hook up, what are the 60' times?

Looks slick!!!

The truck hooks good. 33x18.50 DOT. 60's- 1.50's but with the current converter it will not do it but I expect when I get the converter dialed in 60's will be better than they have ever been. Call me if you want more information 214-532-1745

Thanks for the compliments guys

Max thanks for the offer, I was already working on sending Travis some pictures, he offered as well. How is your truck have you had time to fully check it out? Hope you can get it back running soon.
to our surprise it was a ujoint that failed then ripped the yoke on the od housing. Over drive unit was fine internally. Getting billet shafts and a tranny build at hrd now.

Well been real busy lately, got new converter I hope to get it installed this weekend and maybe tested as well. I'll let yall know how it goes.

Back