Oil Cooler Failed

Are you going to be happy driving a gasser? You are going to trade a repair bill for a truck payment for 48 to 60 months if you sell the PowerStroke and buy a new truck. I know what I would do but I have driven nothing but gasser 1/2 tons and always needed a bigger truck for work and towing. You could also spend the money on a F250 with the 6.2 in a XL if you want to go to a gas truck. Just spitting out ideas here.

I hear ya, but I get a free gasser and free repair bill, as long as I get rid of this truck. I will probably need a bigger truck, but then again, I can always call one of my guys up and tell them to deliver what i need :lolly:

Thank you for playing devils advocate, but Im also tired of every couple weeks in the shop.

I hear ya, but I get a free gasser and free repair bill, as long as I get rid of this truck. I will probably need a bigger truck, but then again, I can always call one of my guys up and tell them to deliver what i need :lolly:

Thank you for playing devils advocate, but Im also tired of every couple weeks in the shop.

I know I am kind of spoiled that way as well with a fleet of flatbeds and boom trucks. :lolly: I hear you on having the truck in the shop every couple weeks I have been lucky with mine lately.:bang

Just got a video from Dean. The truck is alive again! FINALLY!

Its alive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sooooooooooooooo happy!!!!!!!!! Will have a vid up soon of that thing running and some crazy strobes!

If you are not a real "Fix it myself" kinda guy...these damn trucks will break you...they are not cheap after the warranty runs out.

I think if I was you...I would have been doing some serious wheelin and dealin at the dealership when the truck was in the shop....I would of dumped it right there and then. (They can eat the labour, and get the parts off the shelf)

There is no way you are gonna recoupe the money for the repair bill...kinda like guy's who have sunk a ton of money into their ride, and want to sell it for what they have into it.....never gonna happen....ever.

I am guilty of it...and realize that I can never sell my truck for what I have into it...unless I wanna give it away for next to nothing...

It's a disease.....and I have had it all my life...

Hope everything works out for you...

If you are not a real "Fix it myself" kinda guy...these damn trucks will break you...they are not cheap after the warranty runs out.

I think if I was you...I would have been doing some serious wheelin and dealin at the dealership when the truck was in the shop....I would of dumped it right there and then. (They can eat the labour, and get the parts off the shelf)

There is no way you are gonna recoupe the money for the repair bill...kinda like guy's who have sunk a ton of money into their ride, and want to sell it for what they have into it.....never gonna happen....ever.

I am guilty of it...and realize that I can never sell my truck for what I have into it...unless I wanna give it away for next to nothing...

It's a disease.....and I have had it all my life...

Hope everything works out for you...

Well the thing runs awesome. Its not that I am looking to get any money out of it, and it was an end of the year tax write off. The truck has more than paid for itself in the amount of time I have had it using it for work. I am not sure what I am going to do with it though, as its not the money that really bothers me, but every few weeks back in the shop for something. I cant keep something that isnt reliable, it doesnt make any money. Also, for the majority of things I do now, I just need something to just get around in, and this thing uses way to much fuel to just drive around.

Yes, I probably couldve done things differently with it, but I am not that concerned. Now Im seriously trying to figure out if I should keep or sell it. Its not that I am trying to recoup the money, as I assume any money put into a vehicle is lost, but trying to get a problem vehicle off my hands. Everyone tells me that it should be rock solid now......

I would keep it then.
Gas costs more then diesel, and gas trucks get worse mileage then our diesels. (If they put out the same power...)

Gas is cheaper than Diesel in Tx.

At least in my part of Tx.

Last edited:
Gas in FL is cheaper by 25-30 cents a gallon. I kept my diesel but I've got a little ranger with a 4 banger in it to buzz around in now.....way cheaper! But I can't haul anything bigger than a jon boat with it. It's like a go-cart on 33's. I'd say get an f150 with the small v8 in it if u get a gasser. As long as you have access to a diesel when you need one. You obviously won't be able to haul nearly as much but at least you still feel like you're driving a fullsize truck, and the little 4.6 gets a little better mpg than the 6.0 in most cases.

Trade it in on whatever you want.. its how i got out of my 6.0l.. I traded it into the dealer with A horrid Miss..and a Antifreeze leak.. They gave me 25K and they knew what probs it had...

They sold the truck the new owner didn't get 150 miles on it and it left him sitting on the Interstate, the dealer ended up taking it back.. Resold to a new owner who pulled the 6.0l and now has a CR in it

Gas is cheaper here as well.

With the amount you just spent to get everything fixed and the time it took to do so you could have dropped a CR in there. Just a little food for thought.

Well an update for you guys on this thing. I realize that i couldve dumped a CR in it, but my mechanic really cut me a break on the price, and I got a bunch of free parts. Lately I got a little toyota taco 4 cylinder - 5 speed to get around town in. I love it! Im going to finally pick the truck up tonight!

I will get some vids up but it definitely is running better than it ever has. Im going to beat on it for a couple weeks and see how it hold up :hehe:

Then, Anyone want a 6.0? I will be getting something smaller when i sell it because i drive alot to school and work, and have other vehicles now and therefore do not need this thing, but it does have some super cool strobes!

I do love the F-150 gassers. I think they are the best trucks ever. There is a reason they have been on top for 33 years!

Back