Opinions Wanted

Oh, so you are the one that bought that truck. I guess I was about 2 steps behind.

Oh well. Glad to see it is getting restored. I will have to stop by and look at it when you finish.

Oh, so you are the one that bought that truck. I guess I was about 2 steps behind.

Oh well. Glad to see it is getting restored. I will have to stop by and look at it when you finish.

Yep. It was a good friend of mine that owned it. I'm very picky about how a vehicle is put together and how it looks, so I'm starting from scratch. It should be pretty nice once I'm done. I see you're from Marietta. I'm from the Griffin area. Maybe once it's done I can make a trip up and you can check it out.

Yeah, I live Smyrna now. I am in Tifton every other weekend. I'm just up here for school. Well now it's Work and School.

My dog wanted to help
2012-11-09_16-43-09_763.jpg

bahaha yeah we had to change a blower motor for the heater in one before, that sucked

I don't like the design. I went ahead and bought a new heater core. Id hate to get everything back together and then it go out. I'll be paying someone to do this next time haha.

I was going to pull the whole body off of the frame to paint it today. Instead, I'm going to pull the bed and paint under it then put it back on. Then I'll do the same with the cab.

The bright red you seek is code PR4. If you buy it be sure to have a test panel painted with it to verify the color. It has a bad habit of getting mixed more orange than red.

I was going to pull the whole body off of the frame to paint it today. Instead, I'm going to pull the bed and paint under it then put it back on. Then I'll do the same with the cab.

I used a 2-post so then I could paint the underside of the body and frame. Kinda makes your kneck hurt from looking up and painting but it is worth it.

When I hear the word restoration mentioned- my mind goes to the assembly line paint markings and exact assembly line look....

IMHO the word "restoration" gets tossed around wildly these days.....

:hehe:

When I hear the word restoration mentioned- my mind goes to the assembly line paint markings and exact assembly line look....

IMHO the word "restoration" gets tossed around wildly these days.....

:hehe:

Its not a Shelby mustang or Yenko camaro..... The term restoration has nothing to do with the color I choose for a 98 dodge....

^^^^ definitely should be on the "to do list". I always like the deep, dark, gun metal grey that came on the 3rd gens. Also a nice blue would be my second choice. Something to make the body curves really pop.

Charcoal!!! That's the color.

Restoration doesn't necessarily mean OE, Silver or Gold-level; I'm restoring 4 cars and not a single one will be OE level. Hell, they likely won't have the OE engines in any of them

Back