Phoenix, AZ Sept 1, 2007

Ken in AZ said:
I'm down with that.....but right now I'm changing my clutch and hope to be done in time.

just removing the flywheel now
Procrastinate much?:hehe:

just got the trans in and now I gotta reinstall the turbo + exhaust

should be done done by 5:30

I'm catching up with some guys at the hotel at six, so since you guys are running a bit behind I'll have to pass on meeting at your shop.

thanks though

BIG thanks to all the guys (and gals) that put this together!

Had a great time tonight running my truck. Finally poppped my strip cherry!

Missed low ET by a couple tenths, but got to drive my truck home...;)

Turbotug said:
but got to drive my truck home...;)

Yeah yeah yeah... It'll be interesting to see what the carnage is.

I had a blast as well, and i personally want to thank everyone for representing the event so well and helping it be so fun!! I cant wait to see what we can put together next year as a diesel only event!!!

Hey Marc- thank you guys for putting the event together, you did a great job! Looking forward to next years!

no problem man!!! We will get it all dialed in and running way better for next year and build this into a destination event...with fun being the #1 priority!!

Keep me informed as far as your trans goes....sorry you had problems. Im sure this is not sounding good for you...but only one truck having problem on the track honestly seems pretty good to me......too bad it wasnt 0 trucks!! At least you walked away with a trophy out of the deal!!!!

Every one that showed up....make sure to tell everyone your thoughts on the event.....and that will help us with next year!!!

Wish I could have made it, but it is just a little far. We are currently working on something for the east coast. I will keep yall informed.

Around 100 trucks, not sure what the low ET was, I thought I saw 13.2 something, but dont hold me to that.

Pitz had low ET with 13.3.

"Backed it up" on his next run....

Sorry....:)

Turbotug said:
Pitz had low ET with 13.3.

"Backed it up" on his next run....

Sorry....:)

Oh man that was bad :hehe:

I had a great time. Still don't have the truck dialed in to well. I just wish it was a little cooler.. I think I was the smokiest of the bunch though...:bang

Pitz any idea on what happened yet?

Haha :p Pretty sure it was the rear clutch pack, but we'll see soon. I'm definately going to try and get a broken part or two from the tranny and attach it to my trophy!

No one was in the 12's? Out of 70 trucks? Marc you did say it was mostly powerstrokes though! :hehe:
All jokes aside, we have an event here in Indy that is similar to this that is just two years old. It's awesome because it seems to bring out more of the local guys that don't usually go to the bigger events.

Adam.....that is the best part about this was the fact that the average joes were not scared to run. My big priority now is to #1 get it all set up as an all diesel show.....#2 get more guys wanting to actually race......#3 getting a few more faster trucks out there..... All and all we want this to be pure fun.....with competition being the second thing people are thinking about....yet still have a format that allows for cometative trucks to run and do well. We will have much better prize money, trophies all the way out to third, etc next year. Hopefully even more givaways if you guys believe that....and make this something everyone from the stock IDI 7.3 to the 10 second Dmax or Cummins (and hopefully PSD soon:pop: ) can come to and really enjoy themselves!!

Pitz....u HAVE to get pics for me of the broken parts on that trophy!! and as far as that "backed it up" comment for your run after the fast ET....that was just meanLOL LOL LOL

Marc said:
Adam.....that is the best part about this was the fact that the average joes were not scared to run. My big priority now is to #1 get it all set up as an all diesel show.....#2 get more guys wanting to actually race......#3 getting a few more faster trucks out there..... All and all we want this to be pure fun.....with competition being the second thing people are thinking about....yet still have a format that allows for cometative trucks to run and do well. We will have much better prize money, trophies all the way out to third, etc next year. Hopefully even more givaways if you guys believe that....and make this something everyone from the stock IDI 7.3 to the 10 second Dmax or Cummins (and hopefully PSD soon:pop: ) can come to and really enjoy themselves!!

Pitz....u HAVE to get pics for me of the broken parts on that trophy!! and as far as that "backed it up" comment for your run after the fast ET....that was just meanLOL LOL LOL
I agree, that's how ours is. Mostly local boys and average joes out for a good time and bragging rights. John P showed up and schooled us all though, lol. Those trophies looked pretty sweet!

Turbotug said:
Procrastinate much?:hehe:

Nah, just go the clutch on wednesday and not other time to work on the truck other than sautrday morn :poke:

Anyway, I had a great time, too bad I couldn't run my truck not that it would et anything that great open axle 2wd and all :)

Ken

just remember guys.....This year was just a building block!! It was a first annual and we will make it bigger and better!! Im thinking november could be a better date for it just based off of the weather.....but we will get all those details ironed out!! The biggest thing is that people had a good time and we have something to build upon that was a success!!

Marc said:
..and as far as that "backed it up" comment for your run after the fast ET....that was just meanLOL LOL LOL

I was just gonna put up the info and that popped in my head, about spit beer all over my screen laughing at myself. GF wondered what I was laughing at, couldn't get her to understand. Besides, I'm jealous. If I'd air down some, and messed with my tuning a bit once it cooled off I probably could've cracked 12s, there is always next time.

This was my first time out to the strip and now I've got the itch now. I'll be trying to get some of the local DMAX guys to show up. If anyone is interested I'll try to make mention of it.

Get any pics or vids yet? I only have the two of my last runs.

Back