POLL: Change SuperStreet to 10.50

10.50 index instead of Super Street?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I say leave SS as is with so many building to the class it is starting to get more competitive for those who can afford it.

I think a 10.5 to 10.90 index class as an addition would be the way to go. I talked to a bunch of people who would run the class this weekend.

Did anyone else notice that the Super Street world finals winner was a 10.2 truck? I think my vote gets represented again with that statement

Yeah it was noticed. It was also noted that the Canada race had a 3 way battle for the ET record in the mid to low 9's... Also noted 2 new trucks in the class going into the 9's at finals.

Again I think this is being aproached the wrong way. Leave SS alone and add a 10.50 to 10.90 index class.

I vote for 10.90. That way a real street truck could possibly compete. Any faster and you gotta do some serious weight and suspension mods.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Leave it all alone, either build a truck to compete in SS as is or detune and run the 11.90 index. Adding classes only delutes the existing ones. A low 10 second truck many time wins the SS class due to the 9 sec trucks breaking. Case in point the world finals, Rob never had a decent pass all day due to an electrical problem.

Last edited:
Leave it all alone, either build a truck to compete in SS as is or detune and run the 11.90 index. Adding classes only delutes the existing ones. A low 10 second truck many time wins the SS class due to the 9 sec trucks breaking. Case in point the world finals, Rob never had a decent pass all day due to an electrical problem.

I agree, rather than building a class to fit your trucks build your trucks to fit the class available, those of us who have done so would be ticked if the class we built our trucks for disappeared for those who aren't willing to change there truck for the class.

I think your missing the point of it being a transitional class to help people build up to the SS and PS class's.

With your logic why not just eliminate the SS class all together and have the SS guys run PS? Hell H&S won the first race of the season running mid 11's.

^^ This,,, to be honest the line between SS and PS is so blurry right now it isnt even funny. I think that we are on the right thinking of running a 10.5 index for SS... just like what was mentioned earlier, stepping stones to be the big run, PS. Just my simple opinion

I think your missing the point of it being a transitional class to help people build up to the SS and PS class's.

With your logic why not just eliminate the SS class all together and have the SS guys run PS? Hell H&S won the first race of the season running mid 11's.

Unless I'm missing your point, I totally disagree, look at the top Prostreet trucks, they are nothing like the top Superstreet trucks, they are about a 1/2 a second faster on average, are anywhere from 500 to 1000 lbs lighter, and for the most part are towed to the line and towed back and started with starting fluid. They are closer to a prostrock truck than the Superstreet trucks are to Prostreet. A 10.5 index class will kill the Superstreet class. As I said, build one to compete or step back, learn to drive and compete in the 11.90 class where it is totally a driver's race. Two years ago very few trucks in the 11.90 class could run close to the number and so if you could you didn't have to be all that quick on the light to win. Not so anymore, just look at the Ennis race. There were a lot of passes that were 11.9x and lights .099 and quicker. The class is fast enough that the crowds were really into it and the racing very tight, many decided by acouple of 100's of a second.

What races are you watching Ken? All the ones I go to there is a very very thin line between ss and ps... point in hand, Rob. He is more than competitive in both classes.

Yeah I guess your right SS trucks are no competition in the PS class.

PS National points standings.

Place Name Points Events
1- Jarid Vollmer 410 7 (won 2 and 2nd in 3) 2 of the 2nd place finishes at the hands of Rob
2- Rob Coddens 350 6 (won 2 and 2nd in 3)
3- Donavan Harris 200 4
4- Payton Hugie 170 3
5- Seth Sullivan 150 2
6- Aaron Rudolf 120 2
7- Darren Morrison 120 2
8- Phillip Palmer 110 3
9- Shawn Ellerton 90 3
10-Mickey Davis 90 2

Back