POLL: Change SuperStreet to 10.50

10.50 index instead of Super Street?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
your request seems a little demanding dude. I can't say why "EXACTLY" for everyone so I will speak for myself. Although I do believe others will feel "EXACTLY" similar to my answere.

First and foremost
Index racing sucks.

Ok now thats out of the way other almost EXACT reasons I and the rest if SS is getting screwed by your proposal.

I and others built a truck for SS, if I was trying to build a truck to compete in an 8.50 index I surely would have chosen a diffierent truck. Mine is an extended cab 4X4. I got a 4wd because the suspension limitations make it hard to hook a 2 wheel drive, hence the absolute void of rwd SS trucks. SS street is 4wd class all the way. My truck is completely gutted even the bed has been cut out and it still sits a little over 6000lbs. perfect for SS, terrible for an 8.50 index.

So we have a problem people who have been designing to the rules forced to slow down or build a new truck. And I do know that 4x4's are competitve in PS currently but it is not the truck I would have chosen to run in that class or an 8.50 class.

perhaps the question should be asked
Rob, Torrey Spooner,shawn and other SS guys with 9's now or in the future,
If you were building a truck for an 8.50 class with a 2800 lbs minimum weight would you have chosen the truck you currently run in SS or would you have gotten a different vehicle. If you would have chosen a different vehicle would you feel that all the effort money and time spent on your current rule legal truck was a waste, maybe the rule change came at your expense?

as to why I would not continue with nhrda. simple, the closest race is 7 hours away. I can get glorified bracket racing a lot closer than that. If they had a race nearby I would surely still attend, I just can't see going far to attend that style of race and here is why.

I spend a lot more time dreaming about how to go faster than I do behind the wheel at a track. I would say that I enjoy building, designing and thinking about my truck as much as actually racing. the actual race is the payoff of my ideas. going faster than before is the rush, thats what makes the drive worthwhile, racing others with the same passion of trying new crap out. seeing if my crap works better than theirs this time around. or as is most often the case not working as well.

So with your classes my 4x4 truck is not nor ever will be an 8.50 truck. 10.0 while still fast, well once your there your done. No more innovation, dreaming or the majority of my fun. I would not be excited to see what my truck will run with my lastest changes cause I will have made none and will already know I can just adjust for the track and run the #. your rules at the expense of my enjoyment with the current setup.

so the next question.
rob, torrey, spooner, shawn and other SS racers in the 9's or soon to be,
If you would not have chosen your truck for the 8.50 class would you continue to be excited about a class that requires no further thinking on your part? Would you still be excited to just slow down to 10.0 and race. Will you continue driving all over the country to not try out your new stuff?

If your excitement about your rule legal truck is diminished would you feel the rule change came at your expense?

another question should be asked.
All PS competitors.
Your new class has a weight minimum of 2800 lbs. If you were to build a vehicle for this class would you have chosen the vehicle you use now? If not and it becomes apparant that your low 9 second truck cannot compete will you happily jump back to run 10.0 with the former SS crowd? Will you travel all over the country to run 10.0?

I can just see it now. All on diesel tv

BIG DON
" hey randy these two truck, team green and the black mamba are both low 9 second trucks and they might even hit a high 8 second pass."
RANDY
" thats right Big Don we are really excited to see these guys try to run right on the 10.0 dial, makes for real tight fun racing."

I hate your idea so much. Seriously I think it totally sucks.

:clap:

you'll find the guys pushing for this change are the guys who only show up to one maybe two events a yr. i didn't see dockgirl at worlds, nor did i see a bunch of the other guys whining about this change. so why make the guys who actually show up at events change there program.

also whos the douchbag that said fuel only. piss off and go run nadm events

I guess I was there Max was there so was Scott and several others who have voted were there. They just don't like posting on the forums.

I second the Fuel only proposition...

gs100I guess Ashly Blacks 2wd caltrac PS truck is traction challenged? GTFO with that excuse. Not to mention it would seem you fit Shaun's mold also sense the race near you is 7 hrs away?

your request seems a little demanding dude. I can't say why "EXACTLY" for everyone so I will speak for myself. Although I do believe others will feel "EXACTLY" similar to my answere.

First and foremost
Index racing sucks.

Ok now thats out of the way other almost EXACT reasons I and the rest if SS is getting screwed by your proposal.

I and others built a truck for SS, if I was trying to build a truck to compete in an 8.50 index I surely would have chosen a diffierent truck. Mine is an extended cab 4X4. I got a 4wd because the suspension limitations make it hard to hook a 2 wheel drive, hence the absolute void of rwd SS trucks. SS street is 4wd class all the way. My truck is completely gutted even the bed has been cut out and it still sits a little over 6000lbs. perfect for SS, terrible for an 8.50 index.

So we have a problem people who have been designing to the rules forced to slow down or build a new truck. And I do know that 4x4's are competitve in PS currently but it is not the truck I would have chosen to run in that class or an 8.50 class.

perhaps the question should be asked
Rob, Torrey Spooner,shawn and other SS guys with 9's now or in the future,
If you were building a truck for an 8.50 class with a 2800 lbs minimum weight would you have chosen the truck you currently run in SS or would you have gotten a different vehicle. If you would have chosen a different vehicle would you feel that all the effort money and time spent on your current rule legal truck was a waste, maybe the rule change came at your expense?

as to why I would not continue with nhrda. simple, the closest race is 7 hours away. I can get glorified bracket racing a lot closer than that. If they had a race nearby I would surely still attend, I just can't see going far to attend that style of race and here is why.

I spend a lot more time dreaming about how to go faster than I do behind the wheel at a track. I would say that I enjoy building, designing and thinking about my truck as much as actually racing. the actual race is the payoff of my ideas. going faster than before is the rush, thats what makes the drive worthwhile, racing others with the same passion of trying new crap out. seeing if my crap works better than theirs this time around. or as is most often the case not working as well.

So with your classes my 4x4 truck is not nor ever will be an 8.50 truck. 10.0 while still fast, well once your there your done. No more innovation, dreaming or the majority of my fun. I would not be excited to see what my truck will run with my lastest changes cause I will have made none and will already know I can just adjust for the track and run the #. your rules at the expense of my enjoyment with the current setup.

so the next question.
rob, torrey, spooner, shawn and other SS racers in the 9's or soon to be,
If you would not have chosen your truck for the 8.50 class would you continue to be excited about a class that requires no further thinking on your part? Would you still be excited to just slow down to 10.0 and race. Will you continue driving all over the country to not try out your new stuff?

If your excitement about your rule legal truck is diminished would you feel the rule change came at your expense?

another question should be asked.
All PS competitors.
Your new class has a weight minimum of 2800 lbs. If you were to build a vehicle for this class would you have chosen the vehicle you use now? If not and it becomes apparant that your low 9 second truck cannot compete will you happily jump back to run 10.0 with the former SS crowd? Will you travel all over the country to run 10.0?

I can just see it now. All on diesel tv

BIG DON
" hey randy these two truck, team green and the black mamba are both low 9 second trucks and they might even hit a high 8 second pass."
RANDY
" thats right Big Don we are really excited to see these guys try to run right on the 10.0 dial, makes for real tight fun racing."

I hate your idea so much. Seriously I think it totally sucks.

Where the hell did you get 2800 lbs from? :confused:

The intention of the Index classes would be for factory frame rail trucks only. No tube chassis permitted. You want to run a tube chassis, run in ProStock.

Like me, I doubt your truck started out with the intentions of running sub 10 sec. passes. I know mine didn't, because like you said, I wouldn't have picked this particular platform if I did, it just happened to evolved that way.

But you are missing the big picture which is to ATTRACT new participants so this sport will grow. The class structure as it sits now does nothing to promote relatively low budget low 10 to low 11 participants. I KNOW the cost and dedication it takes to get 6000+ lbs. to run low 10's and 9's. When you cross the 10.0 mark the dollars go up substantially and most are not going to spend it. So what you have now is a "restricted" heads up class that has crossed the line to where cubic dollars wins and no new participants in their right mind will want to join.

Now, I do not believe that all the existing sub 10 sec. trucks would slow down and run a 10.0 index. I personally know 90% of them and I can comfortably guarantee you they would run an 8.50 class continually trying to go as fast they can, not slow down and run 10.0.

So, I guess the real issue boils down to would you be man enough to run against Team Green, Smitty, The Georgia Mafia and the others? Sounds like you wouldn't be.:doh: What's wrong...are you scared? :poke: I have run my 7000 lb truck against all of them for years and never failed to have a good time and have sometimes actually done pretty well!

Besides, like most people, you think that Index racing would be a bunch of vehicles capable of running 2 sec. faster slowing down to run the index. Well guess what? There is not enough competitors right now for that to happen. Right now, there is no one able to run 8.50 so the PS class would stay as it is only GAIN participants from SS who are legal to run under 10.0 and don't want to slow down. The few SS trucks lost to PS would be replaced by many more knowing now that they won't be racing mid 9 sec trucks and don't have to spend the piles of money necessary to run and be legal to sub 10's. 11.50 would be the same as SD, which ironically, seems to be the most competitive, crowd pleasing class.:poke:

Where the @#!*% did you get 2800 lbs from? :confused:

The intention of the Index classes would be for factory frame rail trucks only. No tube chassis permitted. You want to run a tube chassis, run in ProStock.

Like me, I doubt your truck started out with the intentions of running sub 10 sec. passes. I know mine didn't, because like you said, I wouldn't have picked this particular platform if I did, it just happened to evolved that way.

But you are missing the big picture which is to ATTRACT new participants so this sport will grow. The class structure as it sits now does nothing to promote relatively low budget low 10 to low 11 participants. I KNOW the cost and dedication it takes to get 6000+ lbs. to run low 10's and 9's. When you cross the 10.0 mark the dollars go up substantially and most are not going to spend it. So what you have now is a "restricted" heads up class that has crossed the line to where cubic dollars wins and no new participants in their right mind will want to join.

Now, I do not believe that all the existing sub 10 sec. trucks would slow down and run a 10.0 index. I personally know 90% of them and I can comfortably guarantee you they would run an 8.50 class continually trying to go as fast they can, not slow down and run 10.0.

So, I guess the real issue boils down to would you be man enough to run against Team Green, Smitty, The Georgia Mafia and the others? Sounds like you wouldn't be.:doh: What's wrong...are you scared? :poke: I have run my 7000 lb truck against all of them for years and never failed to have a good time and have sometimes actually done pretty well!

Besides, like most people, you think that Index racing would be a bunch of vehicles capable of running 2 sec. faster slowing down to run the index. Well guess what? There is not enough competitors right now for that to happen. Right now, there is no one able to run 8.50 so the PS class would stay as it is only GAIN participants from SS who are legal to run under 10.0 and don't want to slow down. The few SS trucks lost to PS would be replaced by many more knowing now that they won't be racing mid 9 sec trucks and don't have to spend the piles of money necessary to run and be legal to sub 10's. 11.50 would be the same as SD, which ironically, seems to be the most competitive, crowd pleasing class.:poke:

I got 2800 lbs from your post on the 8.50 rules in the other thread about ss being an index. and how much frame rail, don't need much right now in PS.

I actually did buy my truck with the purpose of nines in SS. I ran a full size long bed in SS at first. Then after the first world finals in topeka I bought a repoed half ton with the intent of competing with maxed out which was well into the 9's at that point. you say most are not wiliing to spend enough to go 9's but I keep hearing about more and more guys hitting the that number in SS.

As to my being scared, I could happily lose to them as well as anyone else which is what I mostly do. But then you have the exact same problem we have now. part of the class is slower than the other so its not fair, whaa. why force the people who have been succesful in there class into the higher class?

I guess I don't agree with your big picture. I don't see how screwing the people who attend nhrda to attract mythical racers that may or may not exist is a good thing.

I guess I was there Max was there so was Scott and several others who have voted were there. They just don't like posting on the forums.

I second the Fuel only proposition...

gs100I guess Ashly Blacks 2wd caltrac PS truck is traction challenged? GTFO with that excuse. Not to mention it would seem you fit Shaun's mold also sense the race near you is 7 hrs away?

The only thing I know about ashley's truck is that is is not in SS. I stand by my statement that I chose my truck based on what I saw in SS. Had I chose to run PS I would have gone RWD.

as far as a race being 7 hours away, my zip is 84721 go ahead and mapquest me my closest nhrda race.

Where the @#!*% did you get 2800 lbs from? :confused:

Am I the only one who sees the blatant hypocrisy in this post?

Am I the only one who sees the blatant hypocrisy in this post?

The WHOLE issue is about how to grow the sport. You are already racing and are crying about the thought of possibly having to race someone faster. So what makes you think if the classes stay the same as they are that ANYONE with a 10.0-11.5 sec truck would even want to show up and race?

They won't and aren't in the numbers that are needed.

You can keep it status quo and the sport will die a slow death. Or, you can take one for the team, still race and be competitive and help the sport grow.

The WHOLE issue is about how to grow the sport. You are already racing and are crying about the thought of possibly having to race someone faster. So what makes you think if the classes stay the same as they are that ANYONE with a 10.0-11.5 sec truck would even want to show up and race?

They won't and aren't in the numbers that are needed.

You can keep it status quo and the sport will die a slow death. Or, you can take one for the team, still race and be competitive and help the sport grow.

How many people have a 10.0 to 11.5 truck that don't race? Really.

I think more than you know.

I also know several who only make a single event close to home because they don't believe it is worth their time to travel cross country to compete if they aren't competitive. Case and Point is 36 SS participants only made one event and 19 PS guys only made a single event. Now imagine if those guys all starting making 2 or 3 events a year on top of any of the trucks not running at events. Even if no new trucks showed up over all attendance would be likely to increase.

I know of 7 in my area not to mention the ones who are already running class's and considering dropping out. Myself included if we don't add a 10 ish range index class my PS truck is getting stripped down.

I know of at least 8 people in this area alone that have or would be willing to put bars in their trucks and race if they had a class to be competitive in.

Exactly what?

I know of 7 in my area not to mention the ones who are already running class's and considering dropping out. Myself included if we don't add a 10 ish range index class my PS truck is getting stripped down.

Between the two of you, you've come up with 15. I'll go ahead and add 0 in my area and anybody else can add theirs.

That's quite the national racing circuit.

Between the two of you, you've come up with 15. I'll go ahead and add 0 in my area and anybody else can add theirs.

That's quite the national racing circuit.

:confused:

See, that attitude is the problem...

If a change would gain even a few racers, it would be growth and progress! Keeping it the same to appease a few and lose racers means eventual death.

Though I'm not a fan of index racing, and won't ever be able to race myself...Greg is right.

Epically post by a dumb phone.

:confused:

See, that attitude is the problem...

If a change would gain even a few racers, it would be growth and progress! Keeping it the same to appease a few and lose racers means eventual death.

Growth and progress in sub 11.0 trucks is a fools game. Sorry. It costs too much for most people compared to regular gas drag racing if you race them hard and often. Say what you want, but building a sub 11.0 truck to drive around the country and race isn't for very many people.

Growth and progress in sub 11.0 trucks is a fools game.

Your making this point very clear.

I think this is being presented wrong. Again I am not in favor changing the SS class. I believe that adding a 10.50 to 10.90 index would help create a transitional class for new competition to grow into the SS and PS class's. I don't however see much separation between the top in SS vs PS class's though.

But hey I think some one should tell Seth, Darrin, Phil, Micha, H&S and the other 4wd guys they picked the wrong trucks to compete in PS.... :hehe:

Back