POLL: Change SuperStreet to 10.50

10.50 index instead of Super Street?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The WHOLE issue is about how to grow the sport. You are already racing and are crying about the thought of possibly having to race someone faster. So what makes you think if the classes stay the same as they are that ANYONE with a 10.0-11.5 sec truck would even want to show up and race?

They won't and aren't in the numbers that are needed.

You can keep it status quo and the sport will die a slow death. Or, you can take one for the team, still race and be competitive and help the sport grow.

I fail to see how anyone with an 11.0 truck is better off under your rules. the 10.0 class will be like the 11.90, trucks will be running the dial in no time especially if the SS trucks are brought down. right now if you can't run 11.90 then you will lose in that class. And just like right now people who can't run 10.0 will start a thread about being to big of a gap and we need a 10.5 and an 11.0 and an 11.5 to fill the void.

also I am not the one crying about not having a fast enough truck trying to get an existing orginaztion to change there rules to fit my truck. I haven't started any of these threads. I am not worried about racing faster trucks than mine because right now most of SS is faster than me. I have been dreaming and designing hoping to change that, it is a blast.

You say that the sport will die a slow death if we don't adopt your rules. I say the sport dies an instant death if we follow your rules. what do I care who is in the lane next to me in an index class. I don't and you don't. You always post how you love racing your local tracks vs whatever shows up. why bother to travel to an event when you can get the same thing at home? it has been said by others you don't travel to nhrda races, I don't know if that is true or not but it seems that if you don't travel when nhrda is different than your local scene, why would you travel when it was the same?

If we want the sport to grow the best way to do that is to show up. times are tough and fuel is crazy expensive, I think that is the biggest reason the sport grows slowly, not the lack of index classes.

Your making this point very clear.

I think this is being presented wrong. Again I am not in favor changing the SS class. I believe that adding a 10.50 to 10.90 index would help create a transitional class for new competition to grow into the SS and PS class's. I don't however see much separation between the top in SS vs PS class's though.

But hey I think some one should tell Seth, Darrin, Phil, Micha, H&S and the other 4wd guys they picked the wrong trucks to compete in PS.... :hehe:

I guess the concept of personal opinion is foreign to you?

I know of at least 8 people in this area alone that have or would be willing to put bars in their trucks and race if they had a class to be competitive in.

So they say, everyone talks big till its time to actually do it.

I find it interesting that you all know of 15 racers that would race if there was a class made for them. So they will show up to 2 or 3 events instead of one. How will that help the sport grow? Unless you are willing to do some traveling and hit more than your local races, you opinion holds no weight. Show up to five NHRDA races next year with your 15 people and prove your point. Until you are willing to go to the races and support the NHRDA, you will not get the changes you are seeking. A new class won't be added until truck count is up. If you don't come to the races with your 15 new trucks, truck count will not go up. I personally would like to see a 10.9 class added, but i will continue to race the 11.9 until that happens.

You are saying to Randy, until you do what we want, we will not support you. If you can't see the flaw in your argument, you will never help the sport progress. There are people interested in helping the NHRDA grow into a mainstream sport who have the pull and connections we need to accomplish that. If you want to take your ball and go home because everyone else won't play by your rules, you will be spending alot of time at home tossing your ball to yourself.

i only made it to 4 races last year, and seen the same people at all the events. if it wasnt for the 6000 mile road trip i would of only made it to 2 races (missed 2 more races due to medical reasons) if i was more mid west or east coast the number of races would of been higher. i am planning on building a truck to race and dont care what class it is in, i'm goin to have fun and see people, winning is nice but not what i'm going for.

most people on the west coast area dont make it to many races due to the fact there isnt any races close enough to make it worth there wile. driveing more than 5hrs after work on a friday or waking up at the butt crack of dawn to drive to a track and races isnt much fun and frankly its fun to go beat up on ricers and muscle cars at the local track....why you think SM has so many entries ?

wile we were tryin to get our bugs worked out on our shop truck, we raced so many trucks that we had no chance on beating and just hoped for them to break i know it sounds bad but that was our best shot. we didnt care we was having fun in the pits and after the races.

flame suite on :pop:

I find it interesting that you all know of 15 racers that would race if there was a class made for them. So they will show up to 2 or 3 events instead of one. How will that help the sport grow? Unless you are willing to do some traveling and hit more than your local races, you opinion holds no weight. Show up to five NHRDA races next year with your 15 people and prove your point. Until you are willing to go to the races and support the NHRDA, you will not get the changes you are seeking. A new class won't be added until truck count is up. If you don't come to the races with your 15 new trucks, truck count will not go up. I personally would like to see a 10.9 class added, but i will continue to race the 11.9 until that happens.

You are saying to Randy, until you do what we want, we will not support you. If you can't see the flaw in your argument, you will never help the sport progress. There are people interested in helping the NHRDA grow into a mainstream sport who have the pull and connections we need to accomplish that. If you want to take your ball and go home because everyone else won't play by your rules, you will be spending alot of time at home tossing your ball to yourself.

Im not sure who your referring to in this post? No one here said they would not run if the class's didn't change it was stated by a couple of us who know of people who would run a 10.50 to 10.90 class and that people would be more eager to travel if they had a class they felt they could contend in. No one is telling Randy they are taking there ball and going home.

Not staying home by any means. No point in me running a trailer queen in 11.90 index when I can do it with my daily driver. I will still race just be in SM and SD. I did not run the class's this year because I was to busy trying to keep a PS truck together. Hell you watched us swap transmissions the morning of the race trying to compete in PS.

It's damn expensive to make very many races unless you have very deep pockets orYou have a good sponsor. OSUBeaver is right on, trying to build and maintain a sub 11 second truck is a fools game, the cost goes up exponentially. If the fuel costs get much higher no one will be traveling very far to race. We logged over 17000 miles making the races this year. That not in the cards for next year. It remains to be seen how many the truck will make, fuel costs will decide it.

I don't see as many trucks racing next year as were racing this year. I seroiusly doubt the low truck counts we had at Brainerd and the Virginia races will justify those two events even surviving next year. Adding a another class I doubt will help what the real problem is, too damn expensive to travel very far to race.

I like super street the way it is, the way I look at it, it's the heads up class with th most requirements, eventually the trucks aren't gonna get any faster, you can only make a 6000 lb truck go so fast, it's down to who can be the fastest with requiremtns given on bassically an even playing field, you can't really make excuses if the guy that's beating you has to meet the same requirements...

But I see where your coming from there are a lot of 10 sec trucks out there that are gonna look at some of the super street trucks running 9s and not want to run there 11.20 or 10.90 truck....

Add another index class? 10.90?
I think we need to see another season of super street with some newer trucks and see what happens I think the advancement curve is gonna slow down this year and there will probly be more trucks in the 9s

Here is the opinion of a guy who has been racing for about 6 years, and always in SM brackets. I have slowly built my truck from a first pass of 16.78, to a personal best this year of 12.46@109 mph. In those 6 years I have watched SS go from the intended class of street driven trucks doing mid 11's, then mid 10's and now mid to high 9's, and NONE of the top 5 SS trucks are daily driven or even driven to the track that I have seen. Don't get me wrong, I love how it has evolved and the competition has driven that. I've known a couple of the SS guys for a long time, and I know they have put cash/blood/broken knuckles into their trucks to push them into the 9's. But look at what the 11.90 class did for NHRDA, it made guys like me have something to shoot for, as being in SM, there was never a chance of me competing in SS as there was WAY too big of a gap, and I was getting bored of brackets against 17s trucks. There are a lot of SD trucks now, that are running on fuel and hitting the binders to make the 11.9 index. If they went wide open and sprayed those bottles in the bed, they would have something to shoot for if there was a 10.5 or 10.9 index. Racing is a progressive sport, look at all the gasser classes. I say leave SS alone, add the 10second index somewhere and see how it goes, as there are a lot of trucks that could compete in high 10's, that really don't have a chance in SS if the big dogs are running right.

Back