POLL: water injection @ sled / drag events....

water injection yes / no ??

• sled - 2.6

Votes: 15 14.2%
  • sled - 2.8

Votes: 23 21.7%
  • sled - 3.0

Votes: 38 35.8%
  • sled - all

Votes: 54 50.9%
  • sled - none

Votes: 9 8.5%
  • drag - quick diesel

Votes: 12 11.3%
  • drag - pro street

Votes: 16 15.1%
  • drag - none

Votes: 5 4.7%
  • drag - all

Votes: 59 55.7%

• Total voters
I'm with you... it was Phil's fault LOL

Tim will be merging the other one here

Except for those of us with 04.5-07 Common Rails who need the cooling advantage to avoid melting pistons.

I say straight water only though... No Methanol.

Except for those of us with 04.5-07 Common Rails who need the cooling advantage to avoid melting pistons.

I say straight water only though... No Methanol.

:bang Build it to stay together like everyone else has to do. So your voting water for the sole reason of common rails? Then you gonna limit it to a single injection pump? All the other trucks only run one.... I'm not against the common rails by any means. But water JUST because a common rail needs it isn't quite the way to make the rules for everyone. When all other trucks are ok without it. $.02

LOL... I don't really appreciate the comment... "Build it to stay together like everyone else has to do..."

I assure you I've spent the money and put in the research to build a decent common rail truck... I could have spent MUCH MUCH Less and built a P-Pump truck "Like everyone else"... But that's not the road I choose to travel.

I also wasn't saying that the CR was the only thing that would benefit from water... ANY of them would benefit. Just happens the 04.5-07 would benefit a little more.

The poster above me stated that "water is pointless in the 2.6 class"... I simply stated otherwise...

I honestly don't know why I stick my nose in these posts anyway. I have zero interest in having a "competition only" truck. My truck is a street truck. I drive it to the pulls and drive it home. I get lumped in with the 2.6 class when I decide to pull though and usually finish upper middle of the pack, so I guess maybe only the "front runners" opinions should matter.

On another note... There are too many guys trying to run the 2.8 class who can't get the job done, so they decide "Well screw it, lets bush this turbo down to a 2.6 and go screw with that class....". Leaving those of us who never intended to build a "Full on competition truck" with no place to go.

I don't care one way or the other about dual pumps. I don't run them, and thats not what this thread is about...

Last edited:
a 2.6 pulling truck should not be allowed water. 3.0, 3.2 twin or all of the higher classes there is no question about it.
the only class i am in question of is 2.8. my truck is a 2.8 and i darn sure know that if i wasnt allowed to run the water i would not have made it through the year, let alone 1 or 2 pulls. if i cant run water in the 2.8 next year, i know i will move up a class just to keep the engine alive, i wont choke it down with a smaller charger

Well let me ask this...

I'm not tryin' to be an ass either... I just don't understand.

Why shouldn't a 2.6 truck be allowed water? Whats the problem with it?

isnt a 2.6 truck "technically" supposed to be street legal? do you need to run water on the street with it all the time?

i just think there needs to be some sort of boundary for each class. water being one of them

I don't fully understand the point of not allowing water in 2.6 and 2.8. Granted it may not be NEEDED in 2.6, but I view water as an aid in engine longevity. If its purpose is to cut cylinder temps by a few hundred degrees, why not?

+1 for what j-rod says...

No.. We don't need the water on the street. We're also not tryin' to drag a sled behind us at full throttle, with everything set on kill on the street.

The turbo size should be boundary enough.

Also... The key phrase here is "Supposed to be a street truck class".... How many pulls does this end up being the case?

I don't pull but I say allow it for the purpose of keeping egts at a more manageble temp.

the question isn't solely about water. I think water would be allowed regardless. Most would never run straight water anyway. I suppose the poll should have been set up differently but, I think the question is....

if everyone thinks water is ok..... how much meth should be allowed ? That where a possible advantage would be.

I guess the poll should have been more like this....

water yes/no
meth yes/no
% of meth allowed
when and where would tests take place
should they even test for meth

If you allow methanol... Let them choose the mixture.

As has been stated before... Natural selection will weed out the guys who try to push the issue.

LOL... I don't really appreciate the comment... "Build it to stay together like everyone else has to do..."

I assure you I've spent the money and put in the research to build a decent common rail truck... I could have spent MUCH MUCH Less and built a P-Pump truck "Like everyone else"... But that's not the road I choose to travel.

I also wasn't saying that the CR was the only thing that would benefit from water... ANY of them would benefit. Just happens the 04.5-07 would benefit a little more.

The poster above me stated that "water is pointless in the 2.6 class"... I simply stated otherwise...

I honestly don't know why I stick my nose in these posts anyway. I have zero interest in having a "competition only" truck. My truck is a street truck. I drive it to the pulls and drive it home. I get lumped in with the 2.6 class when I decide to pull though and usually finish upper middle of the pack, so I guess maybe only the "front runners" opinions should matter.

On another note... There are too many guys trying to run the 2.8 class who can't get the job done, so they decide "Well screw it, lets bush this turbo down to a 2.6 and go screw with that class....". Leaving those of us who never intended to build a "Full on competition truck" with no place to go.

I don't care one way or the other about dual pumps. I don't run them, and thats not what this thread is about...

I hope you know it was not a shot at your truck or anything. What I am saying is. Stepped covers, bushings, dual cp3's, 13mm, etc are all allowed as it is. When is it gonna stop? Add water to the class and there is no difference between the 2.6 and 2.8 other than a bushing or different cover. Im not specifically speaking of your truck. I know you want it to keep things together BUT that shouldn't be needed if everything else wasn't out of control in the class. It should be meant for street trucks. Leave the show for the 2.8 and up classes to turn insane rpm's and things. Hell the way its going, the next thing will be "Reversers, drop boxes, and rockwells need to be legal cause my oem driveline won't hold" Which is where it is in 2.8 for quite a few. If you have a truck that is meant to be a competitive pulling truck and your in the 2.6 class. If you can't keep it together without water. Its time to pull the bushing and run 2.8. When you get an organization like NADM that have many people adopt or follow many of their rules around the nation. It will change the rules in alot of places that aren't meant for dedicated pullers. Its not NADM's fault that things will happen like that but many organizations look to them for some sort or rules organization. Hopefully they see this and won't let the 2.6 get out of hand more than it is. Also as you know I'm all about p pumps. But I feel a 4500 limit should be in place in that class to keep things in check on the p pumped trucks. With that all said. I say no water at all.

the question isn't solely about water. I think water would be allowed regardless. Most would never run straight water anyway. I suppose the poll should have been set up differently but, I think the question is....

if everyone thinks water is ok..... how much meth should be allowed ? That where a possible advantage would be.

I guess the poll should have been more like this....

water yes/no
meth yes/no
% of meth allowed
when and where would tests take place
should they even test for meth

You definitely should have said water/meth if you didn't want votes on just water. I would not have voted "yes to all" for water/meth.

I disagree that most would not run straight water.

My vote is straight water. Period. No meth. Tests should be performed when the truck is going through tech.

I hope you know it was not a shot at your truck or anything. What I am saying is. Stepped covers, bushings, dual cp3's, 13mm, etc are all allowed as it is. When is it gonna stop? Add water to the class and there is no difference between the 2.6 and 2.8 other than a bushing or different cover. Im not specifically speaking of your truck. I know you want it to keep things together BUT that shouldn't be needed if everything else wasn't out of control in the class. It should be meant for street trucks. Leave the show for the 2.8 and up classes to turn insane rpm's and things. Hell the way its going, the next thing will be "Reversers, drop boxes, and rockwells need to be legal cause my oem driveline won't hold" Which is where it is in 2.8 for quite a few. If you have a truck that is meant to be a competitive pulling truck and your in the 2.6 class. If you can't keep it together without water. Its time to pull the bushing and run 2.8. When you get an organization like NADM that have many people adopt or follow many of their rules around the nation. It will change the rules in alot of places that aren't meant for dedicated pullers. Its not NADM's fault that things will happen like that but many organizations look to them for some sort or rules organization. Hopefully they see this and won't let the 2.6 get out of hand more than it is. Also as you know I'm all about p pumps. But I feel a 4500 limit should be in place in that class to keep things in check on the p pumped trucks. With that all said. I say no water at all.

I don't think this was a shot at my truck at all... And I think you and I are somewhat on the same page about a few things. I just get a little heated about this water thing because I'm so upset that the 2.6 class has been overrun with guys from the 2.8 class who couldn't cut the mustard.

The 2.6 class has gotten out of hand. Bushings and stepped covers should never have been allowed in this class!!

What has happened is the guys who couldn't run competitively in the upper classes stepped their covers or put bushings on so they could "Fit" in the 2.6 classes. Leaving those of us who truely street drive our trucks and end up getting stuck in the 2.6 class no option but to overfuel the crap out of them to get every last ounce of power, in a usually vane attempt at being competitive.

Obviously a street driven truck is goin' to have a hard time spoolin' a bushed 2.8 or 3.0 charger, so we're stuck with LEGITIMATE 2.6" turbos which won't cool the amount of fuel we're adding to try to compete with the guys with the bushed chargers.

This isn't a CR thing... This is a 2.6" class thing.

Either get rid of the stepped covers and bushings or allow those of us who are entering TRUE STREET TRUCKS a chance to make up for it with water... We're not asking for nitrous, which would add the air we're loosing to the bushed guys... We're just asking to have a way to cool the piston crowns off.

Back