POLL: water injection @ sled / drag events....

water injection yes / no ??

• sled - 2.6

Votes: 15 14.2%
  • sled - 2.8

Votes: 23 21.7%
  • sled - 3.0

Votes: 38 35.8%
  • sled - all

Votes: 54 50.9%
  • sled - none

Votes: 9 8.5%
  • drag - quick diesel

Votes: 12 11.3%
  • drag - pro street

Votes: 16 15.1%
  • drag - none

Votes: 5 4.7%
  • drag - all

Votes: 59 55.7%

• Total voters
But you have to see that once you start adding those aftermarket parts. Your work stock class is out of the question. Your stuck right in the middle cause 2.6 is no longer a walk in the park these days. That is of course until the turbo rule is fixed to a true 2.6 turbo. Which isn't going to happen with NADM cause of the great greats it has in that class.

See thats not how things should be organised... A 2.6 class should be just that. Not a bushed 2.8 or 3.0 or whatever.

Let those guys take the bushings and stepped covers off and lets see how truely "Great" they are...

Does that make any sense?

Quite honestly, you say you have way more mods than the 685 HP in your sig, yet you WANT to pull with the little guys to put 100 feet on them? Not very sportsmanlike.

Pull in the 2.6 class without your meth, nitrous, and take your beating.

Thats essentially what you're letting the bushed and stepped cover guys due to those of us with the true 2.6 chargers!?

And I'm the hypocrite!?

I simply stated that I'd love to pull that class BECAUSE it would be just like the 2.8 flunkies dropping into the 2.6 class!?

There are MANY in the 2.6. Well I should say, probably the majority of the trucks that run NADM in the 2.6 have bigger chargers than a 2.6. But lets face it. If you are going to pull with an organization like that. You have to bring your A game. They are legal so folks are definately going to run them. Hell even with Show Me Smokers, many are running bigger than a 2.6 charger. Do we like it? NO, but with the limited amount of pulls we have. We have to bring the best show possible until we can get enough sponsors to pay for a 2.8 or super street class. When we do get that money. You can bet 2.6 will be a true 2.6 class again.

Convicted I can relate to what you're saying.... to drag racing though. I drive a 8K mega cab on 37's. Not a truck you typically see in a class other than a daily driver class and rarely then. Well, I didn't want to run just ET's, so to run with the big dogs.... it took a little more doing but, I did it.

The ET class is set up for guys who drove to the track and basically drive their trucks everyday. Hell, many of the guys will run the rent-a-cars they had to get because of coming from out of town.

Next class up is quick diesel with a 12.0 index. Running a 12 flat isn't easy at all and typically can't be done with a basic built truck. This is my class so I had to build accordingly.

The point is..... you have to build your truck to the class you want to run. If that's more than your pocket can handle then.... you'll have to live with what class will accept your truck. You say you'd have to get thrown to the wolves in the 2.8 class. Well, the only way to not be a piece of meat among the wolves is to build your truck a little more.... having water or not isn't gonna make or break you getting to that class.

Trust me... I have no problem taking a beating. Gives me a reason to try harder.

But when there is NO WAY TO WIN because of the fact that I want truly street drive my truck... Whats the point in trying?

Here... I'll ask this... Am I Mistaking that the 2.6 class was supposed to be a "Street Truck" class. Maybe thats the whole issue here since I seem to be the only one debating my side of this?

I guess I could have just misunderstood the name.

Adding water is just going to make it worse for the guys looking to make a couple hooks and shy them away from the sport.

Trust me... I have no problem taking a beating. Gives me a reason to try harder.

But when there is NO WAY TO WIN because of the fact that I want truly street drive my truck... Whats the point in trying?

Here... I'll ask this... Am I Mistaking that the 2.6 class was supposed to be a "Street Truck" class. Maybe thats the whole issue here since I seem to be the only one debating my side of this?

Well to be out on top in a 2.6 class probably won't be a street truck. Do you think that with the allowing of water your gonna be out front? Won't the others just run it also and go that much further, now you just turned a somewhat tame driveline class into a parts breaking class.

Honestly if winning the event is what you are worried about. Lose that thought. Do it to have fun. I spent every dime I had to build my truck. Not cause I thought or knew I would win. Cause I wanted to experience in that type of truck I liked watching. It has came a long way in a short time and I am very happy with getting it to the competitive level in my class. Still there are those that are just untouchable (Ingram) unless you do everything possible to a truck. These 2.6 guys are taking the chance of melting motors in exchange for be competitive. Thats part of it.

Let those guys take the bushings and stepped covers off and lets see how truely "Great" they are...

Does that make any sense?

On paper, shore.

I promise you, if we take the 25 trucks at the NADM Indy Inv. and give them all the same spec turbo, the same top 10 will still be up front.

You are chasing ghosts. There is not enough at stake to tighten the turbo rule down.

All it will do is drive competitors away, exactly what we don't want to do. NADMs rules are designed to go anywhere in the country,and have minimal teching issues. You start putting in spec turbo rules, forget it.

Convicted I can relate to what you're saying.... to drag racing though. I drive a 8K mega cab on 37's. Not a truck you typically see in a class other than a daily driver class. Well, I didn't want to run just ET's, so to run with the big dogs.... it took a little more doing but, I did it.

The ET class is set up for guys who drove to the track and basically drive their trucks everyday. Hell, many of the guys will run the rent-a-cars they had to get because of coming from out of town.

Next class up is quick diesel with a 12.0 index. Running a 12 flat isn't easy at all and typically can't be done with a basic built truck. This is my class so I had to build accordingly.

The point is..... you have to build your truck to the class you want to run. If that's more than your pocket can handle then.... you'll have to live with what class will accept your truck. You say you'd have to get thrown to the wolves in the 2.8 class. Well, the only way to not be a piece of meat among the wolves is to build your truck a little more.... having water or not isn't gonna make or break you getting to that class.

This is NOT a money issue for me... This is an I want to STREET DRIVE the same truck I go the pulls with issue.

My truck doesn't get trailered unless its broken.

Sure... I can go buy another truck just to tow this one to the pulls and step my current trucks game up even more... I can do that without breaking a real sweat on the wallet. (Not trying to sound like an ass... I just want to set the fact straight that I'm not too cheap to build something thats competitive.)

Money really isn't the issue. Its the fact that I enjoy pulling the same truck I drove to the pulls in.

Eh well guys... I'm just gonna take the hint and bow out on this debate. Yeah Yeah... I know I said that before...

Maybe if I want to continue having fun at the pulls I should do just that... Be the cookie cutter guy that everybody else is and buy another truck and trailer this one....

Also.. Just to clear one more thing up... I have the utmost respect for (most) of you guys who have been in this debate. So don't take my posts as disrespect please... I just think maybe I haven't been taken as seriously in this.

This is NOT a money issue for me... This is an I want to STREET DRIVE the same truck I go the pulls with issue.

Sure... I can go buy another truck just to tow this one to the pulls and step my current trucks game up even more... I can do that without breaking a real sweat on the wallet. (Not trying to sound like an ass... I just want to set the fact straight that I'm not too cheap to build something thats competitive.)

Money really isn't the issue. Its the fact that I enjoy pulling the same truck I drove to the pulls in.

Eh well guys... I'm just gonna take the hint and bow out on this debate. Yeah Yeah... I know I said that before...

Maybe if I want to continue having fun at the pulls I should do just that... Be the cookie cutter guy that everybody else is and buy another truck and trailer this one....

Also.. Just to clear one more thing up... I have the utmost respect for (most) of you guys who have been in this debate. So don't take my posts as disrespect please... I just think maybe I haven't been taken as seriously in this.

Hope to see you at the Show Me Smokers banquet again this year. We will chat there.

You entitled to your opinion no matter how wrong it is! LOL

Seriously 750HP+ or so and you won't be driving your truck, you will be breaking axles, driveshafts, if your really able to hook up.

When and where?

I'd like to be able to stay more than 5 minutes this time. Last time I was so tired from being on the road for 36 hours I couldn't make myself stay.

I understand and didn't mean to insinuate you were being cheap. It's just the way it goes. The organizations can't make everyone happy so they do what they can to try and be fair.

Real if you want a solid answer to your questioning.... take a look at the poll. That's a good indication of what the majority wants ( those who polled anyway ). Majorities usually rule

When and where?

I'd like to be able to stay more than 5 minutes this time. Last time I was so tired from being on the road for 36 hours I couldn't make myself stay.

We don't have a date set yet. But I will let you know or keep an eye on show-mesmokers.com

You entitled to your opinion no matter how wrong it is! LOL

Seriously 750HP+ or so and you won't be driving your truck, you will be breaking axles, driveshafts, if your really able to hook up.

Trust me... I went through more driveline parts than I care to count last year... Didn't get to pull much this year due to work and family issues and never being able to get the darn head on my truck fixed.

And everytime I broke a front axle shaft or a front axle or rear U-Joint or Pinion... I DROVE the truck home. Heck.. I left Iberia last year and it sounded like my truck was going to fall apart because the front axle shaft was just clunking around in the front hub.

Come to find out that wasn't so smart... but I still did it! LOL...

I understand and didn't mean to insinuate you were being cheap. It's just the way it goes. The organizations can't make everyone happy so they do what they can to try and be fair.

Real if you want a solid answer to your questioning.... take a look at the poll. That's a good indication of what the majority wants ( those who polled anyway ). Majorities usually rule

Well right now the "Alls" have it! LOL... But guys.. Like I said. I do see your point. Maybe I was just grasping at thin air here.

Seriously I gotta go... Gotta get the garage cleaned up before sun down. I'll check back in later.

Definately let me know when the banquet is... I'll try to keep an eye on the site as well.

Thanks for listening to my rants...

-David

Classes above 2.6 definite water. . . maybe even 2.6. . .i hate seeing trucks that hav to be defueld to keep egt down

instead of asking the question if water should be allowed why dont you do a poll asking if bushings on 2.8s to change to 2.6 should be allowed

Back