POLL: water injection @ sled / drag events....

water injection yes / no ??

• sled - 2.6

Votes: 15 14.2%
  • sled - 2.8

Votes: 23 21.7%
  • sled - 3.0

Votes: 38 35.8%
  • sled - all

Votes: 54 50.9%
  • sled - none

Votes: 9 8.5%
  • drag - quick diesel

Votes: 12 11.3%
  • drag - pro street

Votes: 16 15.1%
  • drag - none

Votes: 5 4.7%
  • drag - all

Votes: 59 55.7%

• Total voters
instead of asking the question if water should be allowed why dont you do a poll asking if bushings on 2.8s to change to 2.6 should be allowed

Thats a whole other can of worms thats already been opened. Pretty much that rule is in effect. Most have built to that rule already and it isn't gonna change. There was a thread somewhere on here. I'm sure if you search for it you can find it.

2.6 Street Diesel

Turbocharger: The vehicle is limited to a single turbocharger; the inducer bore on the
compressor housing may be 2.6”. The inlet will be measured using a 2.65-inch plug or internal
calipers. Bushing from any larger turbo size down to a 2.6 turbo is PROHIBITED. A stock
map width enhancement (MWE) groove is allowed. No MWE groove will be allowed that has a
width greater than 1/4 inch. All provisions allowing air to the wheel other than via the bore and
the MWE groove are prohibited. 6.4 liter Powerstroke engines may utilize the factory twin-turbo

Thats pretty clear to me, If there are guys running bushings in the 2.6 class that is a tech violation!!!!

Ive pulled 2 years now with my CR and no water and have had no problem.
I did drop a seat a week ago. Upon removing the head none of the pistons were melted:snoop: even with the 1800*+ EGTs and extream timing..

So I still vote no water....

2.6 Street Diesel

Turbocharger: The vehicle is limited to a single turbocharger; the inducer bore on the
compressor housing may be 2.6”. The inlet will be measured using a 2.65-inch plug or internal
calipers. Bushing from any larger turbo size down to a 2.6 turbo is PROHIBITED. A stock
map width enhancement (MWE) groove is allowed. No MWE groove will be allowed that has a
width greater than 1/4 inch. All provisions allowing air to the wheel other than via the bore and
the MWE groove are prohibited. 6.4 liter Powerstroke engines may utilize the factory twin-turbo

Thats pretty clear to me, If there are guys running bushings in the 2.6 class that is a tech violation!!!!

Ive pulled 2 years now with my CR and no water and have had no problem.
I did drop a seat a week ago. Upon removing the head none of the pistons were melted:snoop: even with the 1800*+ EGTs and extream timing..

So I still vote no water....
If your speaking about Indy, I was talking stepped covers. Not bushings. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

No that was for Convicted1

It seems that every one of his post include, 2.8 turbo bushed down to 2.6.

I was simply showing that it is against the rules, and isnt happening.

Im sure he is thinking of the guys running S400+ chargers with a 2.6 cover, which is not against the rules.

Actually in the case of the truck I'm speaking of, it WAS NOT a stepped cover. It was a bolt on bushing.

But it's a moot point now... I see your points and I'm content. I'll either step up or step out... Haven't decided what to do yet. But it'll be one of those things.

zstroken - Your Inbox is full and I can't hit you back.

He either deletes them one by one or he is the most popular guy on here. Cause I pm'd him earlier today and it was full. Then an hour later it was just fine.

Yeah... He deleted some right after that and I was able to respond.

Now it's full again!

Actually in the case of the truck I'm speaking of, it WAS NOT a stepped cover. It was a bolt on bushing.

But it's a moot point now... I see your points and I'm content. I'll either step up or step out... Haven't decided what to do yet. But it'll be one of those things.

Anybody got a nice tow right they wanna sell!? :woohoo:

I voted no for all sled pulling classes and said yes to quick diesel and pro street drags.

Pulling trucks don't need water/meth in my opinion. But the drag racers could use the help I think. Blowing stuff up and breaking parts is all part of the fun of sled pulling, as is trying to figure out the right game plan to avoid the carnage.

Convicted 1, I know you take pride in driving your truck to the pulls and driving home. But even in the lowly 2.6 class there are purpose built trucks competeing and no rule changes are going to change who is up front every weekend and who is in the back. If you want to go out and hook just to hook then detune the truck and run in the stock or work stock class.

I wanted to do what you are doing as well, I love my truck and I enjoy daily driving it. But I'm already to the point of it not being so fun to drive any more and I'm only running a small 2.6 charger. In fact this winter I am getting a tow rig/daily driver and a trailer just so I can make it to more events next year. And within the next two years I plan on jumping up to Super Street because I feel comfortable with those rules as they are now and with the competitors in that class here on the east coast.

Sorry for the long post but I had to try and get some of my thoughts out there after reading all 5 pages of this.

WTF are you going there for its 50 degrees and pouring! Screw that!

WTF are you going there for its 50 degrees and pouring! Screw that!

Thats prime football weather!! It definately rained and never slowed down. Mizzou blew it, now I'm sick. Oh well. Wife left in the 2nd quarter and sat in the vehicle.

Back