Pro Street 1st Gen Build Thread

Well it looks good man. Very inspiring and makes the want to list a lot longer on mine! Any idea or goal to have it done? Next spring at least?

Lol thanks your truck looks nice in your profile pic!

Thanks, that's the 92. The DD besides the Jetta. need to get me a 24v again so im not putting miles on this girl

24pkvpx.jpg

Well it looks good man. Very inspiring and makes the want to list a lot longer on mine! Any idea or goal to have it done? Next spring at least?

I am trying like hell to have it atleast raceable for TS 2015 we are going to try real hard to make it happen.

Bout all one can do, try like hell and not start cutting corners when it gets closer. What part of the country you in?

Damn! That is a pretty good weight savings. Those first gen cross members are heavy!! Good info man.

Recently I picked up my newly machined engine parts from Darren and I was very happy with how everything turned out. The block was able to clean up standard bore, was decked and fire ringed on a CNC machine. Crank measured out perfect and was polished. The head was slightly milled and cut for my larger Hamilton valves along with the Hamilton double valve springs set up and height checked.
97b8d3af9764f9233235fcda6e52a82b.jpg
53a5d4a10ba96a5bedccdf5d25b49b74.jpg
ec4ff3081fc9494387e27e8abb6d6ec8.jpg
695a622083ab461d0dd2a278c267f2af.jpg
the valve bowls now need some cutting and smoothing to make a nice transition and the head will be ready to go to keating to finish the intake runner Mill and Tap. Darren also recommended installing all 7 cam bearings in the block so I'll be having that done soon as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have I missed it somewhere here or what but what kinda fuel/air are you planning on running? Any updates?

Watching this. Actually fixing to start a similar build with my 93. I want to stay on stock suspension though. Shooting for 10 sec range. Look forward to seeing it at ts. Ps. I'm from ky as well
3b225f419f0b1c3bd54a73808113613c.jpg

Watching this. Actually fixing to start a similar build with my 93. I want to stay on stock suspension though. Shooting for 10 sec range. Look forward to seeing it at ts. Ps. I'm from ky as well
3b225f419f0b1c3bd54a73808113613c.jpg

That should be doable, I just don't like what leaf springs do. What part of KY are you in?

That should be doable, I just don't like what leaf springs do. What part of KY are you in?

Yea after driving mine today and remembering how rough it rides I might rethink that lol. I live in Ohio county. Western part of ky. Bout 40 miles from owensboro. 60 from bowling green. Going to a truck meet at beech bend tomorrow. Ya oughta come down.

Yea after driving mine today and remembering how rough it rides I might rethink that lol. I live in Ohio county. Western part of ky. Bout 40 miles from owensboro. 60 from bowling green. Going to a truck meet at beech bend tomorrow. Ya oughta come down.

That's a 3 1/2 hour ride for me, all though I do love that track.

Back