Project Leftovers: The Rise of Frankenstein

What radiator was in this truck and where did you get it ? I need something just a little smaller than stock

Radiator is a Griffen combo universal unit. I think I got it through summit if I remember correctly. They come with the fan, relay, fan temp switch and cap.

Update: Denver NHRDA Race

Denver was a great test and tune opportunity and lesson regarding going racing before your truck is tuned and ready to make full quarter mile passes.

Here's a video showing the trouble spooling with the tight converter and not yet fully tuned nitrous controller. We added the nitrous kit the night before leaving for the race and we didn't have time to test spoolup at the shop's similar 5700' elevation where we could have tuned the nitrous program to make it spool. As evidenced by the poor reaction times, Todd was using this race as a true test and tune and wasn't trying to be competitive on the lights.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQtCPGo9Yi4"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQtCPGo9Yi4[/ame]

Stock stall TC or tighter? strong as heck when them chargers light, cant wait to see what it runs with a good launch! :)

I believe it's a stock stall, going to have to up it quite a bit for reliable high altitude spoolup in the summer without nitrous.

Ya that looks fun when they light.
Yes, it pulls pretty good when everything comes to life.... it's a great dyno queen.... just needs some fine tuning to be a decent racer.

What were the ET's?

ET'S were terrible with the nearly 4 second 60' times on the big power high timing zero boosted launch passes, like 17+ seconds at 122 mph. The only good data is seeing the truck go from 88.58 mph at 1/8th mile and pick up 33.7 mph and end up at 122.28 mph. A regular street tire 1000 rwhp truck will run 10.90 @ 128 mph and pick up 28 mph on the back half of the track. If we account for wind resistance differences at 88mph vs 100 mph, I still think the truck would have picked up 30 mph on a regular pass which is great. On the first pass with low timing, it spooled faster and therefore ran quicker like a high 12 second ET, and it picked up a little over 25 mph on the back half of the track which shows the much lower power at 24 degrees timing.

Adding to what Will said, in the video it is easy to discern that the 3-4 shift was way early. It was right in the meat of the power when it shifted to 4th. I will tune the trans to shift at the right times and that will help out a lot with the back half splits. Needless to say I am very excited to see what this thing will do once we get it sorted out. Playing with the timing really effects when it wants to shift. On lower timing it falls on its face and I need to shorten up the shifts. When the timing gets up over 30 its really likes to stretch its legs and turn some rpm!

Last edited:
I've been watching this build and read through it a few times now. Any chance you would care to elaborate more on the specs of your manifold charger please?

Thank you in advance.

I've been watching this build and read through it a few times now. Any chance you would care to elaborate more on the specs of your manifold charger please?

Thank you in advance.

Manifold is a gtxr202 with a t4 1.15. Has bd diverter valve as well.

Made a good solid pass yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not yet, we are switching out converters. The one I had was obviously a bit tight:doh: Putting in a Quad disk from DPC! Anyways converter should be here soon. I hate to admit that my time spent on the truck has dramatically dropped since opening up shop. But now things are better, I am hoping to have the trans back in and together by next week, if so we are hoping to make the nhrda event in Montana, I have always wanted to hit that event. keeping my fingers crossed.

Just noticed I posted this under Will's account.

Last edited:
Back