Project X Diesel VW Hot Rod Drag Week

Wow. I though Greg was bad over here

from tdi site:

and you are the expert how?

not trying to put you down , but tell me why you don't like it , and your experience , and credentials in airflow design.
I am moving on to fix the problems and spaghetti that VW call’s a intake tract .
This part is light years ahead of the stock ,or any other readily available stock manifold , can we make it better , you bet , but this one works great , and over the next few months you will see it evolve in to an even better manifold design.

The plenum is large enough , its just look small next to the long runners . One of the reasons we made 10 sets of flange plates to build more . If you want this one , ill sell it for the cost of materials , after we set a MPH record next week , some where is the area of $350

Between Greg at ZZ and myself , we have a few credentials, first I was the first to run a diesel powered truck in the 9 second zone, the first to run a truck in a the 8 second zone, with a best time of 8.29 @ 167 mph .
I’ll push the little TDI to the extreme using all of the resources that I‘m fortunate to have available , like engine dyno’s , full dataloggers system , and 25 years experience in drag racing , from Top Fuel to Competition eliminator

I know diesels , the people around me that partner in these projects know diesel.

Am I bold , sure , and you may not like my style , and the fact that I'm going to get the spotlight. I'm a lighten rod for this kind of reaction , and this is somewhat on purpose ,
To the people that seem to get offended that I am confident and outspoken, , I’m sorry that I have offended you . This was not my intention. I am going to create positive public relation in the mainstream, by going to mainstream events , and coming out of top.

What most people don’t understand , is that at an event like Hot Rod’s Drag Week, if you don’t finish it’s like you never went , so I ran only as fast as necessary to take the title . remember things some times try to self modifiy if you push them hard.

If you don’t like the title , then show up next year and go head to head with me , I’ll run just as fast as necessary to outrun the competition.
If you don’t want us to have a MPH record after next weekend , then show up in Goliad at the Texas Mile and outrun me , I’ll even give you the same SynDiesel that I run.

I will be helping to develop some really great parts for the TDI , from Intakes like this one , to cams that rely on my 20 years of competitive camshaft design . I have some cams that will lift the valve .500 + along with valves , and springs and retainers to match . This is sorely needed to match the air flow capacity of our new cylinder head program .
My next thought is a total package with a professionally ported head , cam ,spring , and air to water intercooler / intake combination .

Justin (oldpoopie) and LCR, welcome to CompD! I've met Justin in person (at last year's Portland TDI GTG), not sure if we've met LCR. I was running a dark blue bone-stock '00 Jetta at the drags (and parked right near the front of Rich's shop), but didn't stick around late since it was getting past my kid's bedtime. With Charlie's tunes I've gotten down to 17.0's, which is quick enough for me at this time. I'll probably take it out one of these days just to see if I can get a 16-sec timeslip with only tuning.

Timbeaux, I know how you feel about bashing other sites, but I just wanted to mention a particular instance over at that "other" site - Nick d'Amico and I were discussing a design for a thermocouple that would be better (and faster reacting) for both TDI and truck applications, and the whole thread disappeared into thin air. Not sure if it was because I'm not a sponsor over there, but I wasn't pushing our brand at all, just "brainstorming" on how to address a problem that another member was discussing.

Regards,
Michael Pliska

Hey Michael,
DOK and I both drove our cars up for that one, so indeed we could have met briefly. We scheduled Rich to put our cars on the lift and do some brake and suspension work just prior to the GTG. DOK had a Monday morning call, and he was biitching about getting on the road for the thousand miles home at a reasonable time, so we hung out for a hour or two Saturday morning, met some people, and then hit the road.

He hates it when I won't drive more than 15 over the limit, and when I refuse to be the fastest guy on the freeway. Even with only 31 lbs. of boost, and a 6000 RPM tune, he routinely drives faster than Greg can go -- and that's on the street, with only the slightest provocation. Here's an example of provocation: anybody that passes him. End of provocation. They must want to race, or they wouldn't be passing him.

I can't tell you exactly what it is, but the 'get out of jail free' stickers on his front and back windshields that say in codespeak, "I'm damn near the first responder that you are and when we meet on the road under really really stressful conditions and I just happen to save your life and you sh1t blue stars suddenly remembering the big ticket you gave me, you'll thank me", get him a free pass just about once a week. What a life.

He lost me about a hundred miles from home, saying he couldn't take my 10 over snails pace anymore.

Rich, if you're reading this, put Dave and I to the top of your sh1t list, please.

Al

Hey Michael,
DOK and I both drove our cars up for that one, so indeed we could have met briefly. We scheduled Rich to put our cars on the lift and do some brake and suspension work just prior to the GTG. DOK had a Monday morning call, and he was biitching about getting on the road for the thousand miles home at a reasonable time, so we hung out for a hour or two Saturday morning, met some people, and then hit the road.

He hates it when I won't drive more than 15 over the limit, and when I refuse to be the fastest guy on the freeway. Even with only 31 lbs. of boost, and a 6000 RPM tune, he routinely drives faster than Greg can go -- and that's on the street, with only the slightest provocation. Here's an example of provocation: anybody that passes him. End of provocation. They must want to race, or they wouldn't be passing him.

I can't tell you exactly what it is, but the 'get out of jail free' stickers on his front and back windshields that say in codespeak, "I'm damn near the first responder that you are and when we meet on the road under really really stressful conditions and I just happen to save your life and you sh1t blue stars suddenly remembering the big ticket you gave me, you'll thank me", get him a free pass just about once a week. What a life.

He lost me about a hundred miles from home, saying he couldn't take my 10 over snails pace anymore.

Rich, if you're reading this, put Dave and I to the top of your sh1t list, please.

Al

Just how fast is this 6000rpm TDI?

Just how fast is this 6000rpm TDI?
The speed limiter stops him at 132. And he wouldn't admit to how fast it goes anyway, as he's not Greg. Sometimes he even denies it's his car.

We're talking about a daily driver here that surprises all the 'fast' cars that either can't beat him or can't shake him. And if you have it coming for some reason, expect him to get in front of you and soot you. Well, come to think of it, that's nothing -- bury yourself in my tail, and I'll soot you, too -- no questions asked, no engraved invition needed. God, I love diesels!!!

make a new thread of your tdi's having fun!

ive seen one beatle up here in mn roll some coal and try to go. i giggled passed him, a blipped the throttle and the poor guy disappeared for a moment. The side by side race lasted a few seconds, like running a 85 civic on 3 cylinders

Naturally not a good representation of tdi's. so lets see em!

as far as top speed, caculated from tire, gear and rpm, my truck will and has many times run a hair under 130.

This one really cracks me up :bow::bow::bow:.....--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
update
Charlie just sent me a new tune , it solving a few of the problems we experienced at Drag Week , the little bug pulls like mad to 5800 RPMs with ease, and the street tires will blow off at ease in 2nd and third gear .

what most are not getting about the ET's at Drag Week , is the mid 14 second passes were plagued with too numerous to count problems , on many places on the track, and still pulled off a 14 . I usually abort any pass that is less then perfict , but in the case of drag week, we had to move on to the next track and next day. Mat was given his orders at the beginning of each run , to get to the finish line , and get as much data as possible , and a precious time slip .

Remember we had to finish the drive and turn in a number at each of the 5 tracks.
So for those that claim that their daily driver is capable of making the rigors of Drag Week, and turning in a better time , think again, and be there at Drag Week 2010 next year to prove us wrong .

SO

Until then we get the title , its part of the fact that Hot Rod ’s Drag Week is Main stream, and for some the only legitimate way to prove you a street machine. John Force can claim he has the fastest Street legal Fuel Coupe on the planet , but if it can make the 1100 + mile drive , its just a also ran, and did not finish .

For thouse that don’t understand me , I am a pro at this , I total understand how the forums work, and know it was only a mater of time before brand politics rear its ugly head , so I beat them all to the punch. I will garentee you that in the coming weeks we will sort out the little car , and no one will be faster , and I repeat

“ NO ONE WILL BE FASTER “

if you don't like it get off the keyboad and show up

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And then there is this reply LOLLOLLOL

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Comp that is quite an impressive bug you've produced. But you're whole attitude toward letting us know about it seems pretty arrogant, and I think you asked for the "politics rear its ugly head ." You came here asking for pointers:

Quote:
Originally Posted by COMP461
I would like a little of everyone’s input
So give me a few pointers

But you're an "expert"

Quote:
Originally Posted by COMP461
For thouse that don’t understand me , I am a pro at this

So what was your purpose in coming here? Was it to get advice from from tdiclub members who are responsible for alot of the tdi marvels we have? Or was it to shove it in our faces that your tdi is better than everyone else's?

It seems to me that you came here, got advice from tdiclub members, then called it all your own doing. You must acknowledge the fact that although this is quite an awesome bug, and I commend you for it, without alot of the research and risks taken by fellow members on this forum, we would not have alot of the tdi abilities that are available.

So in my humble opinion, your presentation of this whole thing could have been soooo much better and you asked for the flaming on here. And since you are an "expert" who "understands how the forums work" I would expect you to have been much more genuine in your approach to presenting this project by showing it as an awesome contribution and breakthrough in the tdi world, rather than making it something in which you just revel in your own personal glory.

But thats just my opinion. Sorry for the lecture

Wow. And you think it can't get any better., it does.

Greg, how's the weather up there? Your head is so full of hot air, you gota be floating.

The really sad thing is my damn RSX will run mid-low 14's with bolt ons. And its an N/A car on street tires. The 1100 mile trip of drag week is nothing compared to the commute I have every week.

Ill applaud the efforts of the others the worked on that car though. I just cant see why all that money to just have mediocre car. Then boast that it is the fastest street TDI in the country knowing good and damn well its not.

Congrats on you douchery, apparently its transcends automotive gen-eras on a global scale.

Dan..... you fall asleep at the light man?!:Cheer:

<SNIP> ive seen one beatle up here in mn roll some coal and try to go. i giggled passed him, a blipped the throttle and the poor guy disappeared for a moment. The side by side race lasted a few seconds, like running a 85 civic on 3 cylinders

Naturally not a good representation of tdi's. so lets see em! as far as top speed, caculated from tire, gear and rpm, my truck will and has many times run a hair under 130.
Everybody that I know with a TDI either owns a big truck also, or has a healthy respect for the fact that the big trucks can easily be made to run way faster than we can, and put out a more perfect soot cover than we can. I have had a number of inspiring sooting conversations with my friends with big trucks, and the stories are better than any I have -- and trust me when I say that can over-fuel at will.

I've been truck sooted, too. All I can do is laugh about being on the wrong end of the tailpipe. I think that's reasonable if I'm going to dish it out.

<SNIP> I just cant see why all that money to just have mediocre car. Then boast that it is the fastest street TDI in the country knowing good and damn well its not.
See, this cuts RIGHT to the heart of what pissed off so many people on the TDICLUB. I mean, there were other things, but this just put a BUNCH of people over the edge of the civility cliff . . .

Everybody that I know with a TDI either owns a big truck also, or has a healthy respect for the fact that the big trucks can easily be made to run way faster than we can, and put out a more perfect soot cover than we can. I have had a number of inspiring sooting conversations with my friends with big trucks, and the stories are better than any I have -- and trust me when I say that can over-fuel at will.

I've been truck sooted, too. All I can do is laugh about being on the wrong end of the tailpipe. I think that's reasonable if I'm going to dish it out.

See, this cuts RIGHT to the heart of what pissed off so many people on the TDICLUB. I mean, there were other things, but this just put a BUNCH of people over the edge of the civility cliff . . .

Cool. Still, fire up some video links in the drag/staging lanes for us.. make it easier then "youtubing" it and sorting though all the crap..

As for Greg, he's a great punching bag. I've never met him in person version, I hear he's a totally different douche bag. However, online he appears to be like them clown punching bags that just keep rolling upright.

Bozobopbig.jpg

Tim, Rich. I think compd just copied and pasted a post from here over at tdiclub.. Call your lawyers!!!! LOL

From TDI forums:

Comp: "I am the great cornholio, you must bow to my bunghole"
US: "SHUT UP, DUMBASS"

cornholio.jpg

Somebody want to mention to the TDI guys that Greg's dry sump, "first ever sheet metal intake", Dr. P truck was running with Keating's (hotter) dually engine? (Best I can remember that is)

Or that mess with Johns funny car.

How many race teams has he been booted from?

Just stating observations.$.02

We should introduce the new guys to the broken furniture.:hehe:

Hey Michael,

Al

Al,
I vaguely remember a couple of guys talking about getting on the road, it was probably you! I was there fairly early by myself, talked to Justin a while (and he looked at my timing belt to tell me which version I had), then was chatting with a woman with a NB parked near the front, then talking to an old HS classmate about his newly-acquired TDI, then talking to Rich & Charlie inside. I left to pick up my daughter, then came back to the shop, then headed out to the dragstrip (and ended up leaving again to take my kid to my mom's house so I could make some passes at the track).

BTW - up at August Blackout I was hanging out with a couple of guys from Eastern Canada (can't remember their names), and one of them had a TDI swapped into an earlier car, with compound turbos. IIRC he said he had been into the 13's with the car. Al or Justin - do you guys know who I'm talking about? He said he posted a bunch on TDIClub.

Regards,
Michael Pliska

Back