Project X Diesel VW Hot Rod Drag Week

working on getting to the Crandal race , and to the Texas Mile, but the mile is first priority .
I have a .54 streight cut 5th gear being made

not even sure , I've seen 120 on the hwy, but that's at high rpm , it has the drag race ring and pinion in it with a .87 5th gear.
I am guessing close to 150 mph . I'm working on the cooling system now.

I was going to go and Drag race it , but the Texas Mile is the priority now , and it look like its going to rain this weekend anyway .

This little engine really comes up on the pipe and start making really good power around 4000 and really start to scream at 5000, all the way to 6000 rpm’s but because of the VP style pump and a glitch in the tune , it would go in to limp more at about 4200 and force us to shift. So the good part of the power band was wasted , it will literally blow the street tire off in 2nd and 3rd as it comes up on the pipe

I was going to go and Drag race it , but the Texas Mile is the priority now , and it look like its going to rain this weekend anyway .

This little engine really comes up on the pipe and start making really good power around 4000 and really start to scream at 5000, all the way to 6000 rpm’s but because of the VP style pump and a glitch in the tune , it would go in to limp more at about 4200 and force us to shift. So the good part of the power band was wasted , it will literally blow the street tire off in 2nd and 3rd as it comes up on the pipe

"As it comes up on the pipe"... What is the pipe exactly?

This?
171-0505100334-216168-71174.jpg

must be what you think about , but not non users

I've never seen you or anyone write "come up on the pipe". Please define it.

edit:

CompD search sucks.. you guys should replace it with google

Some google search link.

So, when the vehicle gets going. got it. however, on the internets, only 10 real links that represent that term, and compd is top on the list. HA! way to go greggy poo.

Up on the pipe is a very common motocross term from a few years ago when everyone raced 2-stroke motorcycles. Another common term that was frequently used interchangeably with "up-on-the-pipe" was "hit-the-power-band" or "in-the-power-band."

I personally think on-the-pipe is a great way to describe the sudden power increase when the turbo fully spools and torque spikes.

Often associated with two strokes yes, same for snowmobiles. Never heard it in the diesel world, but I guess it works!?

So anymore progress on this hog?

on the road home now , and we are pleased with Project X Diesels " The Beetle " . its been a long week, we didn't get all of the parts untill wensday and thursday. The little motor saw fire 6am saturday morning , and we drove all day and night to get to Muncie ariving with 47 seconds to spare.

there is a lot more in it , ill write more when I get on the road in the morning
thanks everyone for making this happen
Jess at SynDiesel
Steve at TDIGUY.com
and Mat Owen and my niece Connie for putting up with me on the road in the Beelte for a week

Just an FYI the company "Karma" is spelled Kerma.

Looks like Greggy Poo is making some new friends. I wonder who may warn them of them impeding doom of boring post, advertisements, bogus claims and other various crap.
It's a crying shame someone didn't have the courtesy to actually do this. But he's arrived on our shores now, and it's apparently too late to put the genie back in the box.

Here we meet our new best friend, and he starts picking our collective brains. Apparently in the beginning we have only one brain between us, but we'll learn:
Hot Rod Drag Week with a 2000 TDI Bug - TDIClub Forums

The Texas Mile:
SynDiesel's Project X Diesel heading the the Texas Mile - TDIClub Forums

The ARP head stud solution to the problem we didn’t know we had:
ARP head studs - TDIClub Forums

Here Greg re-invents the wheel, eerrr excuse me, the intake manifold . . .
ALH Intake manifolds??? - TDIClub Forums

Some of us have our own 'pet' name for him. Modesty, decorum, polite and proper upbringing, and good taste forbid me from uttering that euphonious appellation in public (or at least here, where this is my first post), but I'll give you a hint -- it starts with a capital D, has 7 letters, and is sometimes used in its more formal form ending in bag . . .

It's a crying shame someone didn't have the courtesy to actually do this. But he's arrived on our shores now, and it's apparently too late to put the genie back in the box.

Here we meet our new best friend, and he starts picking our collective brains. Apparently in the beginning we have only one brain between us, but we'll learn:
Hot Rod Drag Week with a 2000 TDI Bug - TDIClub Forums

The Texas Mile:
SynDiesel's Project X Diesel heading the the Texas Mile - TDIClub Forums

The ARP head stud solution to the problem we didn’t know we had:
ARP head studs - TDIClub Forums

Here Greg re-invents the wheel, eerrr excuse me, the intake manifold . . .
ALH Intake manifolds??? - TDIClub Forums

Some of us have our own 'pet' name for him. Modesty, decorum, polite and proper upbringing, and good taste forbid me from uttering that euphonious appellation in public (or at least here, where this is my first post), but I'll give you a hint -- it starts with a capital D, has 7 letters, and is sometimes used in its more formal form ending in bag . . .

Welcome to CompD. You'll fit right in here! :)

LOL

Greg. When will you learn. LOL

I knew I'd find you here LCR!
Hi Justin,
Things have quieted down greatly on the TDICLUB since the Gestapo Mods have started time-outing or banning anyone having the temerity to discuss or air an unresolved or irksome Kerma or Street Toys problem. I didn't even know this site existed, but this is really interesting!

Not all of COMP461's threads are locked yet-- but they will be if he gets smart enough to sing Kerma's praises loudly enough -- and shift the issue from he's a douche to Charlie's being bashed.

I tried to PM Krout last week just to check on whether an unrelated private seller was legit, and he was on a time-out for speaking up. Oh, well . . .

Welcome to Comp D fellas.

I don't mind you guys disagreeing with Greg at all. We welcome healthy debate here. Do me a small favor and lets leave any ill-will towards other sites there. At Comp D, we try to keep the "Other Site" bashing to a minimum... It doesn't help to make horsepower LOL

I don't mind you guys disagreeing with Greg at all. We welcome healthy debate here. Do me a small favor and lets leave any ill-will towards other sites there. At Comp D, we try to keep the "Other Site" bashing to a minimum... It doesn't help to make horsepower LOL
With all due respect, don't take this wrong -- I'm not bashing TDICLUB in any way -- I'm just stating a fact.

I would never say anything bad about anyone there. In my defense, if you've got a few extra minutes, I urge you to take a quick peruse of a few of my posts there. Google search is your friend.

The reality is -- the fact of the matter is -- that threads occasionally disappear whole, posts definitely disappear, threads lock, and the herd is culled if you are too vocal about favored vendors (of which there are none, wink-wink, wink-wink) there. This isn't opinion; this is witnessed observation.

With regard to certain entities -- many more than I've singled out in my first post above, any dirt you read is the sanitized tip of the iceberg. You learn quickly to read between the lines, make friends, and get the dirt down low and off list, because as Aeschylus' truncated quote goes, "truth is the first casuality".

It makes a lot of hot air, there for reducing HP.

Back