Project X Diesel VW Hot Rod Drag Week

only have a min, this is a small tune , and no NX. We are getting all of the bugs worked out

DSCN1361.jpg

DSCN1352.jpg

DSCN1355.jpg

DSCN1365.jpg

Greg-
Your running slower than a stock TDI Jetta? Pretty sure a Jetta does 14.5 straight out of the box...

oh yeah, where is your Competition Diesel sticker:poke:

The new Jetta's will, that year? The best I could get was an 18.8xx, and his pass is on a brand new combo.

I guess I'm being an old fuddy duddy, but I think I'd be a hair nervous hauling a drum of fuel on my bumper like that. One idiot that didn't see you stopping would make a heck of a mess. Doooossshhhhh!

At least the fuel isn't gasoline!

My Jetta ran 18.50's stock, and with a Kerma tune it runs 17.0's to 17.30's (could run quicker if I leaned on it more, but I still have to drive it home from the track).

Where are they packing those slicks? Are there 3 people riding in that thing all week?

I really envy you guys, that looks like a heck of a fun week!

Regards,
Michael Pliska

The turbo they're using is a little to small to expect overly quick numbers.. My 98 bug with Kerma race injectors, race tuning, head studs, and a Kerma VNT20 turbo kit made one pass at 14.5, but the intercooler boot blew off well before the finish. I had to come out easy since I had the stock differential and axles. I'm guessing Gregs' project bug will eventually run 12's when they go with a larger charger and possibly more fuel.. My little bug smoked like a baby 12 valve at wide open throttle and turned in 43 mpg mixed driving.. Fun cars..

Not to derail, but I thought that Synthetic stuff wasn't supposed to smoke?

it smokes less,, while being more consistent..
imagine how much smoke the thing would make on #2?

Back