Ram50

As far as safety goes, as long as you feel you're safe enough, and you don't pose a threat to spectators, then who cares? Going out of your way to show the tech guy how safe you think you are, is just wasted time.

As far as safety goes, as long as you feel you're safe enough, and you don't pose a threat to spectators, then who cares? Going out of your way to show the tech guy how safe you think you are, is just wasted time.

I wish we would have been forced to have the air shut-off. Safety items like we have now are a must for what we do.

We made it to Guernsey, OH last evening. I met a lot of great people and KOI group did a fine job. It was nice meeting you Gunnin. Sorry we didn't hang around for the Mod Diesel eliminations. We had a go home time of 10:00PM as all of us have work and school today. Do you know what time they finally ran the class???

We did get a couple practice runs in down the track. I had the cuts on this time and I think they hooked less than the DOT's did at Jackson County.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xio35tjRfGY&feature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TboTAgdCwOY&feature=youtu.be

We were happy to get a couple passes in on all four wheels, no fires or stuck racks, and no breakage.

I really like the 200' track as well. If it had been 300', I'm pretty sure we would have ran out of gear.

Thanks for having us.

Nice runs

Looks like you had a good time and a safe night. I was planning on being there but I just had a sister pass away and had to go to the showing last night. I will be at the dirt drags Saturday in southern Ohio. It would be cool to see you there.

It's in Oak Hill I think

It's Bryant's Exhaust that is putting it on. Gates open at 10. Practice until 12:30 racing at 1 or 1:30. I don't have a number but Google or Facebook will get you into.

We found one in St. Marys. The track should make for some quick runs. Thanks anyway Sting.

Did you get a time on your runs? Glad you made it down the track with no issues this time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, we got some times. I didn't grab my et slips because I knew they really sucked.

We hit a little mud race in St. Marys over the weekend. They had a very nice speed pit and we were able to make several passes. My shifter air valve decided to take a crap on us and cooked the clutches in the B&J.

We were running 160' so I just held 'er down in first gear.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZbhehPfG3o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkY0jam_ABs

We are going to raise the front of the ladder bars back up to the middle hole. I dropped them down in hopes of getting rid of some of the bounce. Turns out, the sum ***** still bounces. lol ...and we have a lot less bite off the line.

Next stop is a race in Mineral Wells, WV this weekend. Should be pretty decent track and my buddy with the little super stock Sami will be there. I don't think we have enough to get him just yet.

We hit the Interstate Fair Race in Mineral Wells, WV yesterday.

First pass netted us slipped timing on the injection pump.

Anyone have a recommendation on which adjustable pump gear to go with???

Once we go this route, do we have to have a $$ front cover? Is the hub keyed onto the pump shaft??

OK, I did some 'google'ing and found this gear.

http://www.shop.eatsoot.com/product.sc?productId=30

It is listed at $300 but it sounds like they will need my gear before they will ship the new gear out.

Pure Diesel Power looks to have the same gear at $365+ core.

From what I've seen so far, most folks are modding the factory cover to gain access to the adjustable gear.

I'm gonna keep looking to see if anyone offers the machined pieces to mod the factory cover...

I have used that gear and the gear that haisley sells that takes the different "pucks" to change the timing. I actually like the one from haisley the best because I took the time to make a chart that represented key number "X" = "X" amount of degrees. I had a few hours to spill port every key back in the winter and it saves me lots of time now. I can change my timing in about 10 minutes and know it's exactly where I want it to be.

The other gear from eatsoot works great too, just write down what timing your at every time.

As for modding the cover, I made one with a piece of 1/4" plate cut in a circle and welded it to the factory cover then drilled and tapped 4 holes in it and made a sheet metal cover.

That cover worked great for a couple years for us and has been on another puller for a couple more.

Last edited:
OK, I did some 'google'ing and found this gear.

http://www.shop.eatsoot.com/product.sc?productId=30

It is listed at $300 but it sounds like they will need my gear before they will ship the new gear out.

From what I've seen so far, most folks are modding the factory cover to gain access to the adjustable gear.

I'm gonna keep looking to see if anyone offers the machined pieces to mod the factory cover...

Your first choice going with Jesse's "Got-Torque" on here is best unless you pick one up used on the cheap. Give him a call he's great to work with on anything he offers and its much more then his website show's. Great pricing on Borg Turbo's too.

http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/member.php?u=3788

Once I modified a stock cover with a thick ring and cap that is tapped and welded to the front cover to allow for quick access. Here is a link to show you what I am talking about as I don't have pictures handy in my photo bucket of one i built on the cheap. My my time is limited in most case's so next time I'll just grab another one of Jesse's covers.

http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77310

We received the gear from Jesse and it is installed. Very nice piece and this should in fact eliminate any more slipping issues. We are in the process of modding our timing cover.

We hope to hit a race in Jackson County, WV this weekend. We are not sure the race is going to happen as we can't find any info on it. Last year it was a Toys for Tots benefit run. I'll keep ya posted.

October 17th, we may roll over into Newtown, VA to the Newtown sand dragway. I have sent them an E-mail to see if we would be welcome.

This will probably be our last race for the season.

The Toys for tots race is on in Jackson County this Saturday. Come on out to the Jackson County, WV fairgrounds to watch some good flat track and mud bog racing and help some less fortunate kids. Gates open at 9:00 and racing starts at 12:00. I guess they had someone volunteer an old chevy truck for a unique women competition. The first 20 women who sign up will see how far they can get with the old chevy.

Completed the timing cover mod. Chip Heckert machined out a washer and cut an o-ring groove in it. We welded the washer to the timing cover. We made a plate out of 1/8" aluminum, welded in a piece cut from a log style fuel filter and viola, there it is.

timing%20cover%20mod_zpsp4h0un0r.jpg

timing%20cover%20mod%202_zpsrvyamukh.jpg

timing%20cover%20mod%203_zps14qz4tdv.jpg

timing%20cover%20mod%204_zpsrhxshr4i.jpg

The plan was to weld the piece of fuel filter from the back side to make a clean look. When Craig tig'd it, some of the weld came through so he went ahead and put a pass on the outside for looks.

I fired 'er up this evening and she's acting a little cranky. Had to hit 'er with some either and the fuel shutoff dang near pulled all the way. It was a little chilly. She was putting out a lot of haze as well. I let her warm up to 180 and went out in the field and gave her a shot. She was just a tad hard to light but once lit, this thing was screaming.

I'd say I better re-check the timing. I'd love to leave it where it's at, but, I'm afraid she spraying outside the bowls.

I'd say I better re-check the timing. I'd love to leave it where it's at, but, I'm afraid she spraying outside the bowls.

Geeeeezzz I've got to quit drinking so much beer. I checked the timing and it was set at about 62 degrees before top dead center. I ended up having to pull the timing cover back off and move the new gear a tooth. Set the timing back to 30 degrees and she's back to the norm.

Now with this being said, I have to admit that when I tried her out with the timing at 62 degrees, she was screaming. Hmmmm??????? With the bowls opened up, how much is too much timing????

We made it to Jackson County and we had a good day of racing. A 'good day of racing' in that we made pass after pass with no problems. We have slowed down. I made major suspension changes and got rid of the 44's so a little slow down could be expected. However, learning to tune this suspension with the clutch is turning into a major challenge.

In this vid, we are in low gear which is 1.54 with a rear gear at 6.20 and I do my best to deliver the power smoothly.

*Note - If you are a dummy like me and you want to slow mo a youtube vid, click on the little gear at the bottom right and pick .25. Its really cool and the sounds are very helpful as well*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5h0maYD0fQs&feature=youtu.be

As you will see, she still acts like a rabbit all the way down the track.

In this vid, I popped the B&J into high gear 1:1 with the same 6.2 final.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0cNzyusUnM&feature=youtu.be

This pass is way smoother than any of the others which leads me to believe we need to gear up in an attempt to kill some of that torque off the line??? (or get the pistons cut, ramp in about 50 degrees of timing, also to kill torque???)

We ended up getting whipped by 1000HP trucks that out weighed us by at least 1000lbs. So yea, we slowed down. My buddy with the top notch super stock Samari handed us our behinds by almost 4 tenths and they had to let off do to being out of shape. Needless to say, we have a long way to go.

I have other videos posted on my youtube channel 'Bodacious Cummins'. Check 'em out and give me your suggestions for a better season next year.

that didn't really sound like it was coming up in power in that last run. what was your boost at?

Back