Ram50

that didn't really sound like it was coming up in power in that last run. what was your boost at?

Well, I have no idea. The go pro mount was trashed when Craig wrecked so I have no data logging. That was the only pass in high gear. It was making decent power as you can hear the clutch begging for relief all the way through the pass.

I need to order a couple more v-band flanges and fix up some plugs to air test our set-up. If I have any boost leaks, they are very minimal.

Just some ideas to throw out there. I have an LSM billet roller I bought from a fellow member. If I have the block machined for the cam, install the cam, get the intake shelf cut off the head with a full port job, have the pistons opened up, advance the timing to say 45 degrees or so, bump up to a 487/96, she should make more power????

Also, now that we are strictly mud/dirt drag, fill the block for strength.

Money is getting tight for us. Marcellus drilling has just about ceased here. Gonna have to start building wind mills/ save the earth type stuff for when Hillary gets in. lol

We made it to Newtown, VA this weekend. Not the Newtown near Staunton but the Newtown 20 miles east of Mechanicsville. Imagine our surprise when we rolled into the first Newtown at 2:00AM. Stupid MapQuest %&#$$^@!!!! Anyhow, 2.5 more hours on the road and we arrived at the Newtown Dragway.

The Newtown Dragway is without doubt the nicest place I have ever raced. Barr none, hands down and this includes the asphalt drag strips. I do wish they'd throw a muffler on the old Detroit powered water truck. LOL

http://www.newtowndragway.com/

I'm telling ya if you are not afraid to get just a little sand on your ride then you outa pick up some scoops and come race with us there next year. We will definitely be going back even though its a solid 7hrs from us!!! ...and about 1hr from coast (so the wife says).

I'm gonna warn you straight up though, little Bodacious was on a mission and laid down the quickest run of 'er life. I'm the proud owner of the new diesel track record. We went 4.22 in 300' at almost 73mph. I felt she had more in her so I dialed in a 4.19 for our last run in the bracket class. Damn idiot driver forgot to let off the footbrake and killed the 60'. lol

Thanks to the Dixie Dirt Draggers for the vids.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfrfJ5AFZ1g

I think they liked us. lol

OH yea I forgot to mention we made seven full blown passes with no breakage whatsoever. Yeeeaaaa Haaawww!!!!

Yes it did. Ambient was at 38 degrees and we didn't even fill the ice tank.

Dang ag governor has to go. Almost impossible to cut a light!!!

Every time I see any updates your truck just seems more and more awesome. Unreal. Insane. And a bunch of other adjectives. Congrats on killin' those drag quads, not many trucks can do that!

Congrats on killin' those drag quads

Yea we killed some of them. Those 1000cc two stroke bikes were just unreal fast. A couple of them were running mid 3's. Has to be some of the wildest, huge nut sack crazy stuff I've ever seen on 4 wheels.

...then you have the street bike crazies!!!!

Veering off topic a bit but doesn't Ether Man's family do the quad racing at a pretty high level?

Ether Man's
I've not heard the name before.

If anyone is interested, we supposed that last weekends race would be our last race. Well, the truck isn't broke and I've had a good rest this week. Guess what?? Gravelrama is having there 'Last Blast' for the year this weekend and we are gonna go.

The race is in Cleves, OH. MapQuest says 5.5hrs and there is only one Cleves, OH. lol

I'm gonna swap out pumps to see if our original pump will run with the ag governor pump. I'd really like to get into the 3's in 300'.

We will be racing uphill drags Friday evening and 300' flat drag on Saturday. ...calling for rain Saturday.

We will not make gravelrama this weekend. The wife has put the quite ease on things.

I Love the woman and would give up the world for her. Anyone want to purchase the fastest diesel on dirt??????

Thanks diesel wrencher.

Ok, I got all calmed down and the wife's '09 is back on the road. We will be at gravelrama tomorrow rain or shine!

Saw video of truck running against quads on Facebook and have to say the comments were entertaining to say the least. Most had no clue.

Yea, my wife showed them to me. Sounds like a bunch of kids???

We loaded up and headed out Saturday morning. We made the 5.5 hr tow with no problems. Lots of very fast rides at this place.

This was the first pass out of the trailer. She went 4.27 at 74MPH on pea gravel. lol ...had a lot of wonderers after this pass.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=np5e1a4Hgs8&feature=youtu.be

We went to gravel in hopes of bettering our Newtown time of 4.22. After the first pass, things were looking good. Unfortunately on the second pass, I got a little to aggressive on the clutch release and sent the little girl into bunny mode. We slowed to a 4.33.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3q7yiHwa8F0&feature=youtu.be

I had the chance to glance down at the boost gauge just after hitting high gear and it read 40 psi. I have not tested for boost leaks yet, but, I'd guess I've got a pretty good one some where or the gauge is malfunctioning. We have seen over 70psi in the past.

This is our third and final pass. It started raining and from what a couple veteran racers at Gravel told me, the track gets 'heavy' and the times get slower. We went 4.35 on this pass.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wrah-xndG58&feature=youtu.be

I should also mention we were running with our old pump from Mt. Diesel. The street governor was way easier to race with and the engine was a lot more responsive.

The same Gravel vets told me this track is upwards to 2 tenths slower than a normal sand track. This gives me hope that we may have been able to run a high 3 second pass with this pump. I will test our boost piping for leaks.

Hey all, I forgot to mention Gravel was the last race for this Bodacious. She is up for sale as I want to build my first full round tube chassis and utilize the BMW engines.

I'll get a sale add posted shortly. She's already on racing junk.

http://www.racingjunk.com/Mud-Racing/182579729/Ram-50-Diesel.html

I'll sell her in what ever configuration you prefer and we will help the buyer as much as we can. This truck can go much, much quicker. I'd estimate our power output at around 700HP. So yea, our engine is a baby compared to most on here.

Last edited:
Well crap the bed fred. Either nobody is paying attention or nobody cares. Guess I'll work me up a new for sale add. ...and I used to get so much compd love, keep in mind we were rained out today. lol

Last edited:
Hopefully it sells and the buyer keeps us updated/entertained as well as you have. And your next creation should be just as cool!

Back