Reno and Gardnerville, NV sled pulls this weekend

you'll run in the mod class..

i will probably run both classes as i need to try out something with the tranny computer which may result in one hook not going anywhere........

What if you have the motor that will tech DIESEL MODIFIED, but the safety equipment (or lack there of) to tech DIESEL STREET classes?

Spectator?

you'll run in the mod class..

i will probably run both classes as i need to try out something with the tranny computer which may result in one hook not going anywhere........

gotcha, i havent decided if I'll run, but i'll be there to spectate at the least.

Just finished the truck, so I'm goin for sure. I'll probably pull both classes Saturday just to try some stuff out also:nos:
K.Frog, there is no reason for you to not pull, that truck runs real good.

K.Frog, there is no reason for you to not pull, that truck runs real good.

I agree..why not?? i'm going to pull in your class with a II 71mm charger.. you'll have a great running truck so go for it! besides its way more fun than drag racing..

So can I take most of saftey gear off since you guy's that are pulling in mod class won't be using it ? You no stupid stuff like fuel dump valves, air guilitines, axle bolt covers, full 3.2A/5 suit, engine shielding, SFI Damper, etc....

Its in the rules and IMO you should have all this to move up to the next level and the street guy's should have all the stuff required by the super street class its saftey damit !!!! if you want to run a exhibition class then fine but stay out of the next class up untill you have met all the requirments.

BBD

umm...his truck IS a street truck, but its twin turbo which is why he cant pull in the street class, so for the sake of the sport and getting more trucks out there pulling at the events I think it would be stupid not to let him pull.

umm...his truck IS a street truck, but its twin turbo which is why he cant pull in the street class, so for the sake of the sport and getting more trucks out there pulling at the events I think it would be stupid not to let him pull.

pull exhibbition in the street class.. if the are worried about him walkling away from everyone....

So can I take most of saftey gear off since you guy's that are pulling in mod class won't be using it ? You no stupid stuff like fuel dump valves, air guilitines, axle bolt covers, full 3.2A/5 suit, engine shielding, SFI Damper, etc....

Its in the rules and IMO you should have all this to move up to the next level and the street guy's should have all the stuff required by the super street class its saftey damit !!!! if you want to run a exhibition class then fine but stay out of the next class up untill you have met all the requirments.

BBD

I agree, its not a matter of just fitting a class because of charger size or configuration, its fitting a class with all the required safety gear. Remember, a u joint cap can kill someone if it is not contained.

-Tom

BBD
So, by your reasoning, an exhibition pull is a much safer enviroment than any sled class. Arent the same spectators still there? The same officials? I'm not sure I understand your reasoning, I'm new to the sport and drive a stock rig, maybe I just dont get it. But in my eyes, If he thinks he has the motor for pro mod or whatever, then how is pulling a street exhibition going to be safer if he lacks saftey stuff?

It would be different if his truck was built for pulling, and he was just trying to get around tech, its not built for pulling though, thats why he was asking the question. Its just a local event and something to do on a friday night. So why dont you take that horse you're on, the tall one, and go ahead and jump on down.
Dont act bad-ass because you bought the baddest truck there is.

God forbid someone ask "the almighty sled pulling god" a serious question, consider this dissapointed fan off the BBD train.

-Todd

ok,

time for my un-popular reply. k. frog- i hope you come. i hope you pull.

as has been said, we have 1 real mod truck out here...thats it. unless something breaks scott will win. the rest of the people get put in there if they have twins, too big of a single, etc. call it mod, call it exhibition, call it super-duper-extra-special street class... is the problem the prestiege of someone writing mod on the windshield? all i'm sating is wtf does it matter what class they write on his truck IF the sanctioning body would allow him to pull?

we dont have the luxury of huge turnouts at every pull. most times mod class is scott and joel, and joel's in it because he has little towing twins.

you guys want to grow the sport. if we've only got 20 diesels are we really doing a good thing by turning people away?

its not like the exceptions we are talking about making are going to be competitive with scotts truck anyway.

i'm writing this from the pull and tj is here with his twins..he comes out to one pull a year now. and since we dont have a million trucks he is the 3rd truck in the mod class... so whats the big deal?

just please dont tell me its the stigma of being called "mod" because we're all friends here and with a down ecenomy the last thing we want to do is turn pullers away. since there is no question as to if he will be allowed (he will) the safety argument is null and void.

craig j has changed his rules for the antelope valley event for this very reason- he wants to grow the sport.

k. frog- i know u live near reno...hopefully you come and pull!

sorry if i hurt anyone's feelings but i'm being honest. i for one dont want to end up the only puller in my class!

I would love to get this to this pull. I would love to pull against the big bad dodge. Everyone knows he has one bad azz truck, and it would be cool to just say I pulled against him. Even though I know my azz would be handed to me. I would be at this pull in a second, but we just got back from UT, and I am not made of money. I am out classed in my class, but you know what when I get in there and pull I don't care about the other trucks I am there for me and my family and it is fun as hell. I know that chances are I wont beat Nick D, or Matt Moon, But you know what they sure are great guys to talk to in the pits. And at the end of the day they don't say who they pull against just like I don't the org. do. I just know I would love to see this sport grow and don't be scared to pull against someone with more under the hood, because 99% of the time he is a nice guy who is going to congts you on what you did pull and help you out with what you can do next time. So for anyone thinking about not pulling because you are not wainting to lose then got and lose, and see how good it feels, no, it may not feel like being on top, but I asure you pulling and losing is better than setting in the stands and thinking sh*t I should have got out there pulled.

We all had a good time, getting ready to head home. Special thanks to Joel Gooch for loaning me his dually and his trailer so i can get home..

also thanks to Joel for driving me back to truckee to get my dually and my trailer, than drag them back to sacramento, then back to gardnerville so we could pull last night.... in case no one knows my dually started knocking really bad on the way to reno and we left it in garnerville and drove the pulling truck the rest of the way to reno..

i'll post more when i get home.

Guy's I really wasn't trying to step on anybody's toes, okay maybe my new best fan Todd's mister 6 posts :hehe:

I never said K.Frog shouldn't pull either, I was just hoping some day we would have rules that could be enforced and followed and that we could get ourselves out West here organized in some fashion.

It's not the title of Mod, it's the fact that you don't meet the requirments of the class plain and simple, do you see them out East throwing everybody who doesn't fit a class, into the Mod class? If you not going to meet the rules of the MOd class then why not stay in super street or street and not meet there rules ?

I guess hoping we get organized is unrealistic.

BBD

Nick, glad you got the rig back home.

Please post up and let us know what the results of the tow rig are when you find out. Keeping my fingers crossed for ya that its not bad and a cheap fix.

BBD

Pics

It was a great weekend. I had a really good time. I will have my pictures up soon (probably around 7) but ill put the link to where they will be with this post. Too bad my camera battery died Saturday night, but i did get all the diesel trucks...and i think thats all that the people on here care about, haha. Anyways ill make a post when they are up, but for now heres the link they will be at: Last 2 galleries, Reno and Gardnerville

Back