Reno and Gardnerville, NV sled pulls this weekend

i know what you're saying Scott, and I agree it wouldn't fly back east. but back east they have a big kuxury we don't- a pluthera of pullers.

i suppose i look at the class rules more as HP/modifcation-based limits- they limit what you can do to make it run better than the next guys and that's what governs the class. by that a guy would gt bumped up and not down as you say.

Getting organized isn't impossible. it just takes time. i can't really tell if we have more pullers or less than years past. some turnouts are bigger, others smaller. I think our only real disagreement is what to do with folks who don't meet the safety requirements. Some events have an OMG class, maybe that's the answer..

i'm not mad, so don't think that!

Guy's I really wasn't trying to step on anybody's toes, okay maybe my new best fan Todd's mister 6 posts :hehe:

I never said K.Frog shouldn't pull either, I was just hoping some day we would have rules that could be enforced and followed and that we could get ourselves out West here organized in some fashion.

It's not the title of Mod, it's the fact that you don't meet the requirments of the class plain and simple, do you see them out East throwing everybody who doesn't fit a class, into the Mod class? If you not going to meet the rules of the MOd class then why not stay in super street or street and not meet there rules ?

I guess hoping we get organized is unrealistic.

BBD

Oh yeah, diagnosis not good.

good news- got home, removed serpentine belt. horrible squeak is now gone, it was the alternator..no biggie, have a spare!

bad news- now that the horrible squeak is gone i can hear a knock.. drain bypass filter element, find shiny things. drain flud in the bottom of the fs2500 canister and found more metal..see:

attachment.php

truck is back on joel's trailer and i will be towing it up to redding tomorrow morning.

i'll be running craigs event but then i'm done for the season. traveling funds going to rebuild tow vehicle motor..

i'm just grateful it made it all the way to Utah and back.. i can't wait for those 2 DHRA checks to arrive!

Nick, glad you got the rig back home.

Please post up and let us know what the results of the tow rig are when you find out. Keeping my fingers crossed for ya that its not bad and a cheap fix.

BBD

Attachments

• IMG_0587b (5).jpg
    IMG_0587b (5).jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 108
Great job on the Pics Steven! Sorry we couldn't get a hot girl for you at the hotel:doh:..

It was a great weekend. I had a really good time. I will have my pictures up soon (probably around 7) but ill put the link to where they will be with this post. Too bad my camera battery died Saturday night, but i did get all the diesel trucks...and i think thats all that the people on here care about, haha. Anyways ill make a post when they are up, but for now heres the link they will be at: Last 2 galleries, Reno and Gardnerville

Yeah I am not mad either it just doesn't seem right that if somebody doesn't fit a class we move them to the Mod class were the sled is heaveir and they have a better chance of breaking stuff and hurting folks with out the saftey gear.

I think what needs to happen is we need to push the saftey gear and those who are serious will comply. We also need to look at the rules at the end of each year and tweak them accordingly we have been using the same rules for last thre or four years now perhaps another class is in order for these folks that are in between our curent classes.

I am all about promoting and growing the sport but with saftey in mind as well !!!!!!

Sorry about the tow rig, looks like your driving the crew cab eh :(

Steven, nice pics I will be intouch :)

BBD

Hey Nick-

Who was the goof ball driving your truck in the mod. class? Seems like they will let anyone drive those things. For his first time driving, it seemed like the guy did okay. Not every one can drive a pull truck like you "modified" pros. At least he wasn't driving one of those stupid alcohol trailer queen trucks. Those guys are real weenies. Diesel Rules!!!!!!!!!!

Those are some really nice pictures. Especially that pretty yellow truck. It's cool to see some professional stuff rather the crappy polaroids we're used to.

Hey Nick-

Who was the goof ball driving your truck in the mod. class? Seems like they will let anyone drive those things. For his first time driving, it seemed like the guy did okay. Not every one can drive a pull truck like you "modified" pros. At least he wasn't driving one of those stupid alcohol trailer queen trucks. Those guys are real weenies. Diesel Rules!!!!!!!!!!

Your not right dude :)

BBD

Hey Nick-

What are you talking about man? I thought it was great!

Seriously though, thanks to everyone who came out to play this weekend.

Steven those are some great shots! Scott had some okay passes...my wife says she could have done better!

Nick - thanks man that was cool. I'll have more patience next time. If Kevin "the best pull truck driver of all time" is ever not at a pull we'll have to see about getting you a ride in a different kind of puller!

See you guys this weekend!

i think this Kevo Fever guy must have some sort of yellow fever from a remote corner of the african jungle...he seems to have flat lost his marbles!!

The video camera is squeaky clean that's for sure!

Brian- I think i would need some depends to drive a pro mod down the track, but i'll throw a set in my toolbox should the occasion arise :)

Hey Nick I have a spare 12valve layin around that you could throw in the dually so you don't have to worry about brakin down anymore.:bang

Yeah I am not mad either it just doesn't seem right that if somebody doesn't fit a class we move them to the Mod class were the sled is heaveir and they have a better chance of breaking stuff and hurting folks with out the saftey gear.

I think what needs to happen is we need to push the saftey gear and those who are serious will comply. We also need to look at the rules at the end of each year and tweak them accordingly we have been using the same rules for last thre or four years now perhaps another class is in order for these folks that are in between our curent classes.

I am all about promoting and growing the sport but with saftey in mind as well !!!!!!

Sorry about the tow rig, looks like your driving the crew cab eh :(

Steven, nice pics I will be intouch :)

BBD

What ever happeded to Howard and his crew starting up West Coast Pulling Series????????. They seemed serious. New rules, $$$$ at the end of season. And getting Brian (MLM) and Mike and Steve (LNL) involve. They were going to make it puller friendly for everyone. Granted they can not please everyone but, This was going to be a big deal and get more pullers involved.
(???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????)

That was Chris Sutten, not me. Dianna was going to handle the website design, that is all. We have not herd anything after the whole discussion thread ended.

if it wouldn't keep me from hearing myself think when i drive i'd be all over it:hehe:

Hey Nick I have a spare 12valve layin around that you could throw in the dually so you don't have to worry about brakin down anymore.:bang

hey buddy you've blown up 2 rear ends so far..actually 3- ..two in your puller and one in your tow vehicle..i've only blown up 2.. one in the puller and one in the tow vehicle so you're STILL AHEAD OF ME:kick:

Yeah, the only problem he would have then is blowing up rearends:bang

-Tom

i think c-soot-n is MIA from the pulling scene.. he's made i think 2 pulls in 2 years at best. he's got intentions but no time to spare

That was Chris Sutten, not me. Dianna was going to handle the website design, that is all. We have not herd anything after the whole discussion thread ended.

Back